What is the BEST basketball MOVIE ever??

Nice... Ah ha!! That was the one I was thinking of!!! Hoosiers = Hickory! I forgot about all of the other ones you guys are mentioning! Some good ones. Yeah, Above the Rim.
haha!! Tean Wolf! (Remember the toiletbowl scene in that movie when the ball just spins around the rim for the game winning shot!?) I forgot about that one.

"See...this ain't that country club bull you'all are used to. See out here baby...the wind can change pushing the ball to the left or the right six to eight inches...but, you wouldn't know anything about that." SHUT UP---Wesley and Woody Wite Men Can't Jump

I often wonder at times, can white men really hear Jimmi? I love Hendrix, no jokes, and I think I can hear it; but I really can't be certain about it. :lol:

the best basketball movie character EVER.

white-men-cant_l.jpg
18956366.jpg

I'll tell you what. Why don't we take all these bricks and build a shelter for the homeless, so maybe your mother will have a place to stay.

A white man wants to win first, look good second. A black man wants to look good first, win second.

and don't forget Semi-Pro
36187381.jpg

Another list of 14 great bball movies:
Semi-Pro, Will Ferrell | 14 Great Basketball Movies | Spring Movie Preview | Photos | EW.com

Where's Coach Carter and Space Jam haha.
I used to watch space jam almost everyday when I was 6 - 8, badass movie :p.
Coach Carter was pretty good to, wasn't quite tradtional film but good acting on both parts and some nice gameplay footage :).

I've hear 'Love and Basketball' is really good, never been able to track it down though.

Oh and there's also 'Hoosiers' an old school movie about some alco/coach saw that when I was pretty young to but still remember it being good :).

Love and basketball is too much love and not enough basketball :lol: i didnt get into it...

Really liked Blue Chips (Nolte bootin the ball into the stands) and He Got Game, JESUS!!!!

No one mentioned Rebound yet? The GOAT!-Cheadle awesome, guest appearance by KG as Wilt i think it was....

Semi-pro was hilarious

Matt

White Men Can't Jump is the best Basketball related movie alongside He Got Game in my eyes. Semi Pro is good for a laugh and brings me to tears every time I watch it but White Men Can't Jump has all the classic mamma jokes and correct me if I'm wrong but this movie was the birth place of Yo mamma jokes. :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMiqQGU8Ed4"]YouTube - your mothers an astronaut![/ame]

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Love and basketball is too much love and not enough basketball :lol: i didnt get into it...

Really liked Blue Chips (Nolte bootin the ball into the stands) and He Got Game, JESUS!!!!

No one mentioned Rebound yet? The GOAT!-Cheadle awesome, guest appearance by KG as Wilt i think it was....

Semi-pro was hilarious

Matt

Yeah!!! :thumbsup:The GOAT!!! Super Crazy Hopps!!! Loved the scene where he could take the sand bags off of his ankles and jump to the top of the back board and grab the money off the top!!! Super Crazy. Too bad what happend to him.:D

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

the best basketball movie character EVER.

white-men-cant_l.jpg
18956366.jpg

and don't forget Semi-Pro
36187381.jpg

Another list of 14 great bball movies:
Semi-Pro, Will Ferrell | 14 Great Basketball Movies | Spring Movie Preview | Photos | EW.com

Well I have a 3 on 3 tourni in Glenwood Springs Colorado today at the basketall slab. All people from around the world will be there. It is a traveling tournament "Hoop it Up" some of you might recognize. There were a few basketball cards made in 1994-95 Upper Deck Collector's Choice about it. The slam dunk contest is at 12:00 BUT I will be at work for that:mad:. I will have to pull out some White Men Can't Jump quotes on that one!!;) "We goin sizzlin', we goin' sizzlin'..." "My mothers' too drunk to be an astronaut!"

coach carter is a very influencial movie to me, and Like mike is the best movie for me, being participated by most nba stars in that movie. :thumbsup:

Haven't seen most of the ones you guys are mentioning, but of the ones I've seen Blue Chips & White Men Can't Jump would be the best! :thumbsup:

Don't think there was any basketball in it, but what about "My Giant" with Muresan?

Y'all trippin...ain't no one mention "Celtic Pride"?? :lol: Featured: Larry Bird, Bill Walton, Marv Albert, Bob Cousy, Andy Jick (Celtics announcer).

1-2.jpg

:lol: alright you caught me, I read the first page and skipped the rest :D

What about rebound, based on the true story of Earl "the goat" Manigault the best street baller ever!!!! really gd movie

I gotta say I love - Love and basketball I thought it was a great movie

I dont know what its called but one that i liked is where a great member of the team dies on the court and comes back as a ghost to help the team. Good movie. I wish I could remember the name.

he got game, above the rim + white men can't jump for me ;)

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

"Hoop Dreams" is an awesome documentary and the Pete Maravich movie "Pistol" is also quite good!!

kudos to that man.. excellent doco! I really wanna see that 'Gunnin for that no.1 spot' it looks really good too. Basketball Diaries would be up there too :thumbsup:

Haven't watched most of those.

I liked White men can't jump and also Space Jam :thmbsup:

Also remember watching the Pete Maravich story. THat was a long long time ago, before I know who Pistol Pete was. A great story. Would like to watch it again.

Back
Top Bottom