What if Lebron leaves the Cavs in 2010?

Marbury has 4xDPY and a championship? :D :D

But anyways it would take some amazing GMing to have the Knicks significantly under the cap by 2010, Walsh is good, but even he will be struggling.

Lebron has never even once said he wants out of Cleveland. And while it is a smallish market, it's also the closest team to his hometown. Besides I think the "small market" argument is overrated when used in regard to players of Lebron's calibre. I mean, Chicago was a smallish market before MJ, and now it seems to be one of the "big markets" everyone talks about. If a player's good enough, he can MAKE his team a bigger market. I do agree that if he gets no significant help in the next 2 years, he probably should leave, but this has nothing to do with him not liking the city or team, or his supposed "need" for a big market. Having said that, the Cavs will have a fair bit of cap space in the next 2 off-seasons even if they don't make any significant trades. But if Ferry can still do nothing, I'd support his leaving for a more professional organization, in which case the Cavs may be forced into a trade or SAT. But I think it's too early to speculate, especially when the wheeling and dealing has just begun.

Back
Top Bottom