What do you think this is worth???

Noddy

Looking...
Real Name
Ian
Hi everyone,

I have been offered a 07-08 Exquisite Brandon Roy Black Autographed Printing Plate #1/1 but have no idea of what a fair and reasonable offer would be.

Here is a sample picture so you get an idea of what it looks like (as I don't have a scan)

ba2d_1.jpg

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

Ian.

Well, its an Exquisite for starters so it is already the most expensive brand on the market.

Secondly its a 1/1, so its as rare as possible.

Thirdly its auto'ed...

I guess if it were me - I would look at other stars and see what theirs go for and try to find someone on par with Brandon Roy.

For example, on Ebay I could pick up a nice auto'ed #/25 Larry Bird Exquisite for about $100US.

I can only imagine a 1/1 printing plate that is auto'ed of Bird would be easy over $1000US, even higher in reality.

So I guess if you took the price of a Roy auto'ed exquisite and multiplied it by 10 you would be in a fairly accurate price range?!?

But at the end of the day, a card is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. I would offer him something like $500, and see what he says.

If he tells you you're dreaming, then you know he wants alot more.

All you can do in a situation like this is ask the owner - becuase really a card like that can't be accurately valued as they normally aren't listed on Beckett, so they are only worth what others are willing to pay, or at least what the owner will let it go for.

Print plate, despite it being Exquisite, unless it's MJ, would be hard pressed to break the $200 mark.

Thats a pretty big statement to make nenjabin - especially when talking Exquiaites, thats why I beg to differ.

Off the top of my head I would say with certainty that a Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Le Bron James, and maybe even a CP3 would push the $1000 mark.

With names like that, I guarantee there are diehard fans out there that would pay that amount for them.

IMO too many compare to prices of items sold for nix on the bay...

If the seller wanted a quick sale regardless of the outcome then off to ebay they go... if he/she is offering on a forum like this then you can prob eliminate it being sold too cheaply...

I agree with the offer of 500 as stated above and x5 or 10 depending on the player
... I always go low for New players !

But there is always a chance that this guy will never amount to anything in the collector market so choose where you spend wisely :)

100 % sure of getting at roughly your money back or more in the future, is to go for the proven stars

MJ, Bird, Magic, Wilt etc

Or the new crop of Garnett, Pierce, Kobe, Wade, Parker, Duncan, Shaq ... all examples of players that are already in the record books for Achievments in the NBA... all title holders.... even if they do break a leg or do a knee next week it :)

Just my view ;)

Print plate, despite it being Exquisite, unless it's MJ, would be hard pressed to break the $200 mark.

Thats a pretty big statement to make nenjabin - especially when talking Exquiaites, thats why I beg to differ.

Off the top of my head I would say with certainty that a Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Le Bron James, and maybe even a CP3 would push the $1000 mark.

With names like that, I guarantee there are diehard fans out there that would pay that amount for them.

Nope I agree, ben's spot on.

Just looking at recent sales I'd think more likely 150-250

AUTO
US $31.03 - EDDY CURRY EXQUISITE AU MASTERPIECE TRUE 1/1 - eBay Singles 2000-Now, Basketball-NBA, Cards, Sports Mem, Cards Fan Shop. (end time 06-Nov-08 07:43:36 AEDST)

US $159.99 (ROOKIE) - 08 Exquisite Spencer Hawes Auto RC Printing Plate #1/1 - eBay Rookies 2000-Now, Basketball-NBA, Cards, Sports Mem, Cards Fan Shop. (end time 06-Nov-08 00:35:36 AEDST)

US $829.00 (ROOKIE) - 07-08 EXQUISITE KEVIN DURANT YELLOW PLATE AUTOGRAPH 1/1 - eBay Rookies 2000-Now, Basketball-NBA, Cards, Sports Mem, Cards Fan Shop. (end time 04-Nov-08 13:00:00 AEDST)

US $205.61 (Yao - super diehard fans) - EXQUISITE MASTERPIECE PRINTING PLATE AUTO YAO MING 1/1 - eBay Singles 2000-Now, Basketball-NBA, Cards, Sports Mem, Cards Fan Shop. (end time 03-Nov-08 09:32:22 AEDST)

US $73.83 (ROOKIE) - 07 08 EXQUISITE RAMON SESSIONS AUTO RC PLATE BUCKS 1/1 - eBay Singles 2000-Now, Basketball-NBA, Cards, Sports Mem, Cards Fan Shop. (end time 02-Nov-08 08:00:00 AEDST)

US $800.00 (DIDN'T SELL) - 08 EXQUISITE CARMELO ANTHONY MASTERPIECE AUTO 1/1 1of1 - eBay Singles 2000-Now, Basketball-NBA, Cards, Sports Mem, Cards Fan Shop. (end time 27-Oct-08 21:56:15 AEDST)

NON-AUTO

US $212.50 - GREG ODEN 07-08 UD EXQUISITE ROOKIE MASTERPIECE RC 1/1 - eBay Rookies 2000-Now, Basketball-NBA, Cards, Sports Mem, Cards Fan Shop. (end time 07-Nov-08 14:02:00 AEDST)

US $31.00 - SHAWN MARION 07-8 EXQUISITE MASTERPIECE PRINT PLATE 1/1 - eBay Singles 2000-Now, Basketball-NBA, Cards, Sports Mem, Cards Fan Shop. (end time 06-Nov-08 08:10:36 AEDST)

US $88.00 - 07-08 UD EXQUISITE ALLEN IVERSON CYAN PLATE 1/1 #C-6 - eBay Singles 2000-Now, Basketball-NBA, Cards, Sports Mem, Cards Fan Shop. (end time 04-Nov-08 03:30:00 AEDST)

US $61.00 - 07 08 EXQUISITE RASHEED WALLACE MASTER PIECE PLATE 1/1 - eBay Singles 2000-Now, Basketball-NBA, Cards, Sports Mem, Cards Fan Shop. (end time 02-Nov-08 05:50:00 AEDST)

It's a print plate. If it was a 1/1, you could be looking at $1000+, but it's a print plate which while nice to have, fetches far less interest. So I generalised a little more than I should have, yes Bron, Bird, Magic MIGHT push up over $500, but still no certainty cause it's a plate. Brandon Roy has a few die-hards, but if Yao sells for only $205, Roy will struggle to make $200 cause Yao has some pretty crazy fans/collectors not to mention the whole of China on his back.

Thanks for all the opinions and comments guys.

I ended up getting it for $285, it's a little higher than I wanted to pay but I'm happy with it.

A scan for those interested can be seen in the "Incoming" folder of my Photobucket

Back
Top Bottom