What are you working on in terms of your collection at the moment?

TAB1980

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Trent
Thought it would be good to have a discussion around what our current priorities are in terms of our collections.

As someone who has just recently come back to the hobby after a 10 year break I have recently purchased a few things here or there. My focus has mainly been on older stuff. Whether it be a nostalgic thing or stuff I have missed out on over the years.

At this stage I have decided whether to continue with my David Lee (Warriors only) or not yet. It looks like I have about 2 or 3 seasons to catch up on!

I'm finding I'm not really into the new stuff all that much as I find the parallel's way too confusing and over the top especially considering most of them are not numbered.

RC and some silvers from 2020-21 Prizm.

I am also keen on base and inserts from Prizm. I am keeping it very narrow. My sealed stock is increasing at a quick rate, so trying to move into getting some singles.

RC and some silvers from 2020-21 Prizm.

I am also keen on base and inserts from Prizm. I am keeping it very narrow. My sealed stock is increasing at a quick rate, so trying to move into getting some singles.

Sounds like your sealed stock collection might make for a good mailday thread!

Are you mainly buying singles off ebay? Have you busted much of this yourself?
Singles and lots off ebay, not much up on COMC atm. I havent busted any 2020-21 Court Kings and will probably skip this year, all the sticker autos and non-worn jerseys have put me off a bit.

Singles and lots off ebay, not much up on COMC atm. I havent busted any 2020-21 Court Kings and will probably skip this year, all the sticker autos and non-worn jerseys have put me off a bit.

Yeah, the sticker auto's are a bit disappointing. Do you collect Court Kings every year?

How long do you think it will take you to put the set together?

Yeah, the sticker auto's are a bit disappointing. Do you collect Court Kings every year?

How long do you think it will take you to put the set together?
I did last years set up to rookies level 1 and a bunch of inserts so doing it again. I'm in no rush to finish it so it will probably take a year or so, just in time for next year lol. I mainly collect old Upper Deck and SP Authentic sets, I'm working on the 1997-98 Upper Deck insert sets atm too. What older cards do you chase?

I did last years set up to rookies level 1 and a bunch of inserts so doing it again. I'm in no rush to finish it so it will probably take a year or so, just in time for next year lol. I mainly collect old Upper Deck and SP Authentic sets, I'm working on the 1997-98 Upper Deck insert sets atm too. What older cards do you chase?

Bit of everything really.

I have a bit of a project going at the moment which i won't say too much about yet but it might be worth keeping your eye out.

Basically, i love busting stuff every now and then so i've got a whole bunch of packs in the pipeline covering a period from mid-nineties through to today.

Apart from reducing the total number of cards I have (down to about 275 right now), I'm still working on the following:

- UD All-Time Great All-Time Forces
- Fleer Retro LeBron inserts
- 1993-94 Finest Refractors

I've also been picking up these if I see them for a bargain:

- Iverson 1996-97 inserts
- Parallels /49 or less of Giannis, Luka and Rui
- Fleer Retro PMGs

Overall I'm just trying to cut down to only cards that I'd be willing to pay for PSA fees for once things are a bit less mental, and then put them all away for a while.

Apart from reducing the total number of cards I have (down to about 275 right now), I'm still working on the following:

- UD All-Time Great All-Time Forces
- Fleer Retro LeBron inserts
- 1993-94 Finest Refractors

I've also been picking up these if I see them for a bargain:

- Iverson 1996-97 inserts
- Parallels /49 or less of Giannis, Luka and Rui
- Fleer Retro PMGs

Overall I'm just trying to cut down to only cards that I'd be willing to pay for PSA fees for once things are a bit less mental, and then put them all away for a while.
Some pretty awesome collections there!

I'd love to get a sealed box of 1993-94 Finest to put away but gee they're expensive now!

Bam Adebayo PC and 2006-07 Chrome Refractors is what I'm collecting...

Love the look of the chromes and busted a box back in the day - can't believe boxes used to be so cheap I would bust a few in high school, still yet to bust a full box since rejoining the hobby- so already have a few to help me get started... Currently considering a DeAndre Ayton PC as I'm a big fan of his game but I don't know if I want to compete with the soaring prices on eBay

Main goal is to reduce my collection and consolidate it to more higher end mj and lbj.
On the set building front, am working on:
  • 2019 HPS Zion rainbow
  • 1997 and 1998 PMGs
  • 1997 and 1998 Star rubies

Back
Top Bottom