WCE v Melbourne

Richo

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Paul
eBay User
Richo75
Well so much for 6 in a row Melbourne !!!

WCE played well below best (Skill wise), had 13 goals 19 points (bad shooting) and no Judd in the last 10 minutes (Hammy) and WE STILL WON !!!

Car'n Eagles

Pfft Eagles are pretenders, after last weeks performance against Essendon, i have no faith in them making the grand final again

Maybe so (I tend to feel the same way) but at least they are not underachievers like St Kilda !!!

How so? you should have won last year and didnt, i'd say thats underachieving, wouldnt you?

No actually St Kilda should have won last year but they didn't even make the GF :lol:

I don't rate WCE this year....the Geelong game next week will show why but I am happy that they are getting over the line....i'd take a 1 point every game if I could :)

Anyways getting back onto topic, Melbourne impressed me this week, their tackling was awesome and the only difference was the WCE superior fitness (IMHO) so hats off to them.

i dont think you can say WC played well below their best richo. I know that is a fair analyis but the reason for that was our pressure, tackling and 1 percenters.
no vic team has won their since 2002 so i think it was a fair effort.
i can say this much we would of played alot better under lights at subi. :)

alot of injuries in that match though. I must say i was very impressed by both teams and thought it lived up to its expectations as game of the week.
no sour grapes but i thought we were raped from the refs in the 2nd half, bad calls and we should of be rewarded with many holding the ball decisions among other things that werent payed. But WC were the fitter 4 QTER team on the day and was even stevens going in the last, bit of a shame.
Thought CJ battled hard and provided great run off the backline in just his 2nd game of the year and 6th AFL game in his career and i throughly enjoyed Picketts full feild run which set up a goal by robbo in the first but that was about the only thing bryon did on the day. :(

Justin enjoy the win as i did beating you last week but i wont read too much into the result.
pce

I think the umpiring was bad BOTH ways......very inconsistant !

that being said it was an exciting game....edge of the seat - Melbourne will do well if they play like that week in week out ;)

M - I said WCE played below their best skill wise.....there were a lot of errors made when not under pressure (like passing) so you can't put that down to Melbourne's pressure. I think one thing WCE need to improve on is their skills, this was shown up when we played Collingwood not long ago. Their long passing was way better than ours, we only have one or two people in the side that are good at that so it hurts us when we go forward.....this was evident again today.

my brother made a couple of bets, 1 $20 for melbourne to win and 1 $5 bet on robbo kicking the most goals in the match which got him $35.
He finished $10 ahead ;)

man robbo is a couragous player. Those 4 marks he took were awesome and he is playing under immense pain. It just goes to show how much he loves to play AFL footy as the injury he has would keep any other player out for 6-8 weeks. robbo you are a legend :D

Robbo did play well today....BOG for me was Daniel Kerr what about you M ? Who do you think was BOG ?

I think the umpiring was bad BOTH ways......very inconsistant !

LOL, yeah your probally right we had the better of the first half but thats Darren Goldspink for you :lol:

how under rated is James McDonald and Matty Whelan?
I love watching Whelan his tackle is like a vice and he is only a small fella.
Yeah were playing a different style this year which is probally because of Bryon's inclusion which is great for us.

Wc have a good young unit,' Rosa, Graham, Staker, they were really good today i thought especially Rosa.

BOG probally Kerr or Embley.

Embley always kills us :mad:

tackle count was 38-55 in favour of melbourne. On a big ground like Subbi i think 55 tackles is a fair effort. :) So many differnt styles in football these days, like the colliwobbles tackle maybe 35 a game but because they play at a fast pace the pressure they put on teams is HUGE.

Just another win :) Well done to the boys for running the game out like they did. As you said Richo no Judd when the game was there to be won. BOG - Kerr(who has 6-10 votes after rd 8 ).
A more important stat Jon - scoring shots 34 for west coast and 20 for melbourne.

Was a good game to watch until the last quarter. West Coast seem to have a much higher level of fitness than other clubs around the AFL, and always run out games very well. Congrats to them for a very hard fought win, but good on the Dees for sticking it to them for most of the game.

Goldspink is the worst umpire in the AFL...always on a power trip.

Back
Top Bottom