Was I cheated? Need help.....

kiddfei1

OzCardTrader
Real Name
PHIL
2 weeks ago I won the item
Jason Kidd 04-05 UD Exquisite Autograph / Jersey Patch - eBay (item 180215729920 end time Feb-20-08 17:45:32 PST)

and the seller sent me an email (just to gmail but not through ebay) to tell me to start the transaction through the ebay's third party: [email protected] by West Union, and I got a receipt (very formal.......ebay logos)
I sent the money to that agent soon, but no reply after that.
After 1 week, the seller, different from the previous one, sent me an message through ebay, and told me never receive the payment!!

It is the same item for 180215729920...

eBay Agent Details :

You will have send the payment to our eBay & SquareTrade Agent Details

First Name:
Marius Daniel

Last Name: Moraru

Address: Com Pesceana,Sat Pesceana

Rm Valcea,Valcea 1000

need help...what happened???
I have the receipt from ebay and West Union
was I cheated?

thanks for help

Hi,
I am the seller of this item : Jason Kidd 04-05 UD Exquisite Autograph / Jersey Patch
Item number: 180215729920
Tell me if you want to buy it right now.Make me a good offer and reply this email !!!
Thank you

Here is the Invoice for your item, kiddfei2008!

Transactions with this eBay seller will be covered by purchase protection against fraud and description errors.
eBay SquareTrade offers you full purchase protection.

Second Chance Offer! -- Buy The Item You Recently Bid On

Transaction ID Item Title Price

Jason Kidd 04-05 UD Exquisite Autograph / Jersey Patch US $202.00

Subtotal:US $202.00
Shipping to:
San Francisco CA 94103US $ 0.00

Total : US $202.00

Complete your eBay transaction in 5 easy steps:w3

1.The buyer and seller agree to the terms and details of the transaction.
2.The buyer sends payment to eBay Square Trade. Payment is verified and deposited into a trust account.
3.The seller ships the merchandise to the buyer, knowing that the buyer's payment is secured.
4.The buyer accepts the merchandise after having the opportunity to inspect it.
5.eBay Square Trade pays the seller after all conditions of the transaction are met.

Buyer's Details :

Name:
XXXXXXX

Address:616 natoma st

San Francisco CA 94103

How to make payment?
Locate the nearest Western Union Office.
Make the payment with cash to our Verified Agent: Marius Daniel Moraru.
NOTE: Sending the payment by any other method will void this transaction and your right to refund !

eBay Agent Details :

d
*You will have send the payment to our eBay & SquareTrade Agent Details

First Name:
Marius Daniel

Rm Valcea,Valcea 1000

NOTE: Mr. Marius Daniel Moraru is our agent assigned for this transaction (he is not the seller) !

Once the payment has been made you have two options to send the payment details:
Via e-mail : [email protected]
Send the following Western Union payment details to Marius Daniel Moraru:
- Money Transfer Control Number - 10 digit number from the payment receipt;
- Sender's Full Name and Address;

- Receiver's Full Name
- Amount sent.
2.Via Fax : Send a copy of the Western Union receipt at (206) 339-7495.
Please do not make any marks on the transfer copy. The following information must be readable :
- Money Transfer Control Number - 10 digit number from the payment receipt;
- Sender's Full Name and Address;
- Receiver's Full Name;
- Amount sent.

Once we have received the payment confirmation, we will instruct the seller to start the shipping process. Within 3 business days, you will receive the tracking number for your merchandise. We will hold the payment until you will send us your confirmation that you are satisfied with the product you received. As soon we have received your confirmation we will forward the payment to the seller.

Purchase protection and refund:

Currently, this seller Justin Parker has a US $7,200.00 deposit in an eBay managed purchase protection account. Transactions with this eBay seller are covered by purchase protection against fraud and description errors (i.e. eBay Buyer Protection Program and eBay Fraud Protection Program). For your safety, this account was locked today,for a 30 day period. The seller is unable to withdraw money from it, within this period. Should you need a refund for this transaction, the insured amount will be taken from the seller's purchase protection account and sent to you. The refund is sent to your bank account, or by check or money order. The way you are refunded is at your choice. You have 30 days from the above verification date to request a refund. Refund requests are processed within 3 days. The insurer of this transaction is eBay Inc, located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125, United States of America. The account is managed by eBay's Square Trade Center and this transaction is supervised by eBay's Safe Harbor team.

Conditions to be met before you may ask for a refund:

Here are the situations suitable for a refund request:
- If the item doesn't arrive and/or the seller ceases communications after the payment was received ;
- If the merchandise you receive has different specifications than the ones you agreed on ;
- If your merchandise arrives in a much longer period than the one you agreed on (more than 15 days from the payment clearance day). In these cases you have to return the merchandise to the seller prior to ask for your refund. If you did not pay the seller by the required payment method, your refund request would be declined.

Important Usage Guidelines:

The contact information should only be used for resolving matters related to eBay's. Any other use is strictly prohibited. This transaction is protected by eBay services such as insurance, feedback and dispute resolution. You may buy and sell with confidence in all transactions with this eBay member. If you need to dispute this transaction, keep the transaction number at hand when contacting eBay. Any complaints must be filed within 30 days from the verification date.
This e-mail message was sent to you from eBay SafeHarbor team, with the full support of the SquareTrade center. The seller was informed about this transaction being started and is awaiting for us to forward him all the payment details as soon as the item will be in your possession. It is recommended to send the payment as soon as possible, as your purchase protection is valid for 30 days only. Should you encounter any problems with this transaction, please contact us. When contacting our support team, use the reply feature so that all previous correspondences are included in your email. Otherwise, we will not be able to process your request in due time.

To ask for a refund, simply reply to this notification and enter in the subject line:
Refund request for eBay SquareTrade Transaction 180215729920

This eBay notice was sent to on behalf of another eBay member through the eBay platform and in accordance with our Privacy Policy. If you would like to receive this email in text format, change your notification preferences.

See our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have questions about eBay's communication policies.
Privacy Policy: eBay Privacy Policy
User Agreement: Your User Agreement

Copyright © 2007 eBay, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of eBay, Inc..
eBay is located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.

Thanks for your email !!
I am in a business trip for 3 weeks in Alaska and I want to close the auction because I don't have time for it so please let me know your best price.
I`ll provide you 5 days money back guarantee, no questions asked. That means within 5 working days you decide if you don't want to keep the item. The deal will go strictly according to ebay's rules and policy regarding to this offer- to start the official transaction, I need to know:
Your best price:
First name:
Last name:
Shipping address:
City/State:
Zip:
As soon as I have them I'll start the official procedure, and ebay will notify you about this. You'll also receive important guidelines + instructions from them (please go through them exactly).
I'll handle and pay for the shipping, so this will be free of charge for you.
Waiting for your answer ASAP!
Thank you !!

Ebay does not have a third party payment processor through Western Union. I think eBay actually tell people NOT to send Money Orders for payments.

Looks like you've been duped by a scammer. How did you pay for the money order ? Any chance you can cancel it or has it been cashed ?

Better to ask questions about this BEFORE you pay for it. You wont see that money again unless like G says you can cancel the money order before they cash it.

sigh...but the receipt is very formal....and the sender is "Ebay,me" in my gmail inbox...
I felt strange at first, but that receipt cheated me absolutely.

Hard way to learn a lesson.

On their listing page it says about Paypal & protection, and Money order hs no protection.

Don't know if it will help any, but have you tried contacting Ebay? Let them know everything, and see what happens.

If you paid with an International Money Order, you can cancel them before they're cashed.

If it was paid online, can you track back via a Credit Card perhaps (if used)?

Now I doubt if I should go on this transaction with the real dealer. Because I contact this dealer before I bid for it (less than 10 feedback) and it might be the only way that the scam got my email address!

could u give me some advices?

That sux!
Unfortunately ebay have advised, in the past, to stay away from Western Union!

I would be contacting the Australian Federal Police and supply them with ALL your info, as it is a case of Fraud!

You probably will not get any money or even any information back, unless you got to cancel the CQ, but at least they can forward it on through Interpol(etc) so this scam can be followed by the appropriate authorities.

1 little piece of information can help many!

You have been SCAMMED!

I can produce a very nice looking EBay invoice for you but would you pay it?

ANyone can send you something that looks genuine. Only go through trusted sites.

2 weeks ago I won the item
Jason Kidd 04-05 UD Exquisite Autograph / Jersey Patch - eBay (item 180215729920 end time Feb-20-08 17:45:32 PST)

and the seller sent me an email (just to gmail but not through ebay) to tell me to start the transaction through the ebay's third party: [email protected] by West Union, and I got a receipt (very formal.......ebay logos)
I sent the money to that agent soon, but no reply after that.
After 1 week, the seller, different from the previous one, sent me an message through ebay, and told me never receive the payment!!

It is the same item for 180215729920...

eBay Agent Details :

You will have send the payment to our eBay & SquareTrade Agent Details

First Name:
Marius Daniel

Rm Valcea,Valcea 1000

need help...what happened???
I have the receipt from ebay and West Union
was I cheated?

thanks for help

When you talk about a different seller from the first one, who did you actually pay?

When you talk about a different seller from the first one, who did you actually pay?

thats what i am wondering, the original seller has a 100% record

from what i understand, some Joe Schmo has contacted him claiming to be the seller and giving details. so the original seller who actually has the card has nothing to do with it

thx all, the real seller still waiting for my payment, and I would pay in one week.
It was sad to accept that, and when u check the Google, a lot of more sad stories similar to mine....

Back
Top Bottom