wanna collect nfl but unsure

michurley101

Ravensnba
Real Name
mick hurley
hey to all the nfl collectors here, just a question, i hear rumours that nfl trading cards dont really have defensive players in them anymore except the award winners mainly, so this is a big problem for me to begin with as im a big ravens fan and if i was to collect i'd mainly chase ray lewis, ed reed, and new to the group jimmy smith. obviously jimmy wont be that hard to find with this years releases but what about the others? Any suggestions on what to buy with the first two not really chasing base or low end stuff mainly mid to high end patches and autos etc.
hopefully someone can help me out cheers

Yeah they focus more on offense players more than defense these days, you can still get cool defense guys but you will probably get a bunch of offense beforehand.

I was able to pull a Deacon Jones auto numbered to 5 the other week out of Crown Royale.

I would suggest doing an ebay search for your raven guys and just see what sets they have auto and GU of. I was able to pick up some nice Ray Lewis Exquisite cards recently off Ebay.

Ray Lewis is one of the more popular Defensive players, so there's a bit to chase of his. According to Beckett in 2010 alone for Ray Lewis there were-

Ser (236)
Mem (100)
Jsy (95)
Mem3 (33)
Auto (28)
Auto Sticker (28)
Patch (20)
Auto3 (12)
Mem2 (11)
Jumbo Swatch (8)

So chasing 2010 Ray Lewis alone would keep you going for a while, and he's been around a bit longer so there's bound to be heaps!

For Ed Reed, not so many, but still a fair few -

Ser (79)
Mem (46)
Jsy (45)
Mem3 (28)
Auto (14)
Patch (7)
Auto Sticker (7)
Auto On Card (7)
Mem6 (6)
Auto2 (4)

Good thing about D players the cards will be pretty cheap, the bad thing is they probably won't gain any value either so as long as you're collecting for the sake of collecting, you should be right !

only collecting out of pure respect for those two very pc and thanks ausram thats very usefull info :)

Back
Top Bottom