Valuations on cards for insurance

Ozsportsfan

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Michael
Have just got back from the national in Chicago and wanted to get my new purchases (cards + memorabilia) insured. I am with RACQ and have been informed I need an Australian valuation of my collection. Anybody done this before and with who? Being it is American Sports, I believe I will struggle to find a valuation true to market value.

I did dig through the threads but could not find anything recent. Any help on who does valuations, costs, or insurance companies that would allow me to insure based on values of my own research would be much appreciated.

Apparently they don't do that. I could go on receipt but it is all cash at the national lol. The one guy I could find Michael fahey doesn't touch American stuff as it is apparently been a quiet area since the 90s and some comment about the ugly slump of nba cards in Australia (didn't bother following that up).

Am hoping another collector has a company for nba stuff and doesn't need an Australia valuation. I explained I could do it using eBay sales and Beckett lol

Didn't get that option sadly, with RACQi needs valuation before I can add it from an Australian company. May have one found by But I am tempted to shop around for a different company for contents. Think valuation is going to cost me per item and be expensive lol

Call a few home Contents Ins brokers and see what they say we are with Westpac the collection is under the contents and is listed as other items other than your usual furniture and household items the same as if you had a rare piano or artwork etc

Years back, I was with RACT, and they were happy with BVs.

Initially I provided them with a complete spreadsheet with all the listed cards, and those that were N/A, I inserted the purchased price for a value. They were satisfied with that.

After a couple of years renewing, I proposed the question about the value and also the amount of cards I had added over time, etc. They simply said that "you just need to give us a value", and that "they didnt want to know every single card, etc".

If it came to claiming (never did, but I wanted to know the "what ifs"), I would need to prove ownership (photos, scans, etc) which they would then use the value I had set for payout.

We're now with AAMI, and they just include it in our home and contents. You simply need to provide ownership, etc. Scans and photos, etc with something to say they're yours. Much like a DVD collection, or a TV, Fridge, etc.

Years back, I was with RACT, and they were happy with BVs.

Initially I provided them with a complete spreadsheet with all the listed cards, and those that were N/A, I inserted the purchased price for a value. They were satisfied with that.

After a couple of years renewing, I proposed the question about the value and also the amount of cards I had added over time, etc. They simply said that "you just need to give us a value", and that "they didnt want to know every single card, etc".

If it came to claiming (never did, but I wanted to know the "what ifs"), I would need to prove ownership (photos, scans, etc) which they would then use the value I had set for payout.

We're now with AAMI, and they just include it in our home and contents. You simply need to provide ownership, etc. Scans and photos, etc with something to say they're yours. Much like a DVD collection, or a TV, Fridge, etc.

So AAMI doesn't need a value? Just curious with my additional signed jerseys etc.

Any other suggestions ? Just trying to narrow down a list to ring around with. Have found a place for valuations but will cost me a arm and leg to do lol

Back
Top Bottom