Site Admin
Real Name
Graham
eBay User
ozcardtrader
COMC User
ozcardtrader
Hi guys

It has come to my attention recently that users signatures are getting bigger and bigger and bigger over the last few months, and some are even using signatures that are not even closely related to cards or sport or the hobby in general.

Can I please ask that some of you take the chance to look at reducing the sizes of your signatures, and try to keep them relevant. I appreciate the need/desire to post pics of half naked chicks in your signatures, however some people like to enjoy reading the site at work and sometimes what is posted is highly inappropriate. It is after all, primarily a sports card trading site, not a copy of the latest issue of Cosmo or Penthouse.

I have started PM'ing some members to ask them to reduce their sig size. I don't want to have to draw up rules regarding this, but if people can't use common sense then maybe we will have to.

Cheers
Graham

is mine too big? I can reduce it if need be :D

Probably could be smaller ..

I have setup a new usergroup for those that want to abuse the usage of signatures/avatars. These users will be denied access to using avatars/signatures on the site.

You abuse it you lose it. Simple as that.

And it also goes for users with sigs too long forcing what may or may not be the majority of members to have to scroll across the screen in threads. A few members have been told and a few more need to be.

Please advise us of any you do notice on the boards please so the site operates that little bit smoother.

Yeah I've noticed that.

On one of our Notebook's the screen res ain't so good, and sometimes I've gotta scroll across.

I've shortened up my sig too. Hope it's not too big still?
(maybe dis-tasteful for some, specially those Suns supporters).....

That size is no probs, generally the right edge of everybody's post boxes line up...except when there is an oversized pic or sig. Definately will make the site much neater and user friendly if we can all keep our stuff on the same scale!

Is mine OK...i was a bit worried when i decided to put it there. I know it isnt hobby related...but surely it will be fine?

A pretty non offensive mountain Benny. LOL

Few more pm's sent out and thank you to all those that have made changes already.

I noticed also, that the sizes (width) of people's Avatars make a difference to the size of their signatures (making a horizontal scroll bar appear).

I'm pretty sure that avatars have a set size requirement (x by y pixels) for exactly that reason, to keep the posts at standard width. Sigs don't have a set dimension....maybe there should be a definition of the maximum appropriate sig picture width?

Back
Top Bottom