Topps ACB Gold 2002 Cricket Box Break 16 Feb 09

johnsmithysmithy

Banned User
Real Name
Andrew & Joseph
eBay User
userid4576
(I have a feeling this box has been searched because there wasn't any Topps wrapping on the box and the Andrew Symonds card was loose card in the box is very fishy, please give me your comments).

1 box made into 2 videos

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UxrExiCVF0"]YouTube - 2002 Topps ACB Gold Cricket Box Break 16 Feb 09 part 1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89hkkVx1nEo"]YouTube - 2002 Topps ACB Gold Cricket Box Break 16 Feb 09 part 2[/ame]

Just some info about the product

Look out for Adam Gilchrist Match-Used Equipment cards & Don Bradman Special Tribute cards.

Featuring Superb Ashes, Contact & Season Leader cards, Exclusive Record Breaker, Match-Ups, Rising Stars & Award Subsets.

Including Authentic Signature cards from 5 of Australia's Test Stars.

thanks for watching, please leave me some comments etc.

wheres the inserts ? haha

Its a very unforgiving box nothing really special, the main inserts are Record breakers 1:6, Match Ups 1:12, Rising Stars 1:24 or Awards 1:36 Packs

Card like these can make only $2 or 3 dollars.

The better cards are like star Signatures 1:216, Adam Gilchrist Match Used Equipment 1:4320 & Sir Don Bradman Tribute 1:1080

Getting something like that, what I was looking for.

what awards card did you get?
am interested in #1 or #2 I.E. Steve Waugh cards

These are the steve waugh cards I got from topps 2000 and 2002 thanks, I have listed any my base cards so I think these are my inserts, let me know if you need any, thanks

stevewaugh_card.JPG

I reckon that box was searched.. no official topps wrapper and that red sticker was definitely not an original. Nonetheless nice box!:thumbsup:

BTW if you really wanted to make sure you can look on eBay at the other boxes on there.

Cheers.:v:

I reckon that box was searched.. no official topps wrapper and that red sticker was definitely not an original. Nonetheless nice box!:thumbsup:

BTW if you really wanted to make sure you can look on eBay at the other boxes on there.

Cheers.:v:

I have checked with members on here and the person I brought the box from, its how it was for that year. Graham busted a box like this same wrapping etc and got a Ricky Ponting Autograph so I think topps that year was just saving money or quickly did it for that year, thanks

I know this is an old thread so sorry for dredging it up but could someone tell me what the 5 Signature cards from this series were and how many of each were produced?
Cheers :thumbsup:

Hi Richo, the 5 sigs are:

Hayden
Gillespie
Martyn
Lee
Ponting

From memory Liam worked out that there were 140 of each sig.

And of course the Gilly GU bat piece limited to 35....however up to 10 were not redeemed, so it is more like 25.

2002 Topps sigs set.jpg

Ah yes Dan! I saw that sold on ebay recently but then I also noticed that the buyer left a negative due to the card supposedly being "lost" in the mail!!

Is that the only one known to pop up or are there others??

That would be the worst photo on a signature card ever :lol:

Oh well - another card to add to the wantlist just to make things interesting...

Nothing gets past you Liam!! :thumbsup:

Is that sig card Shane Warne or a white Gladstone Small??!! LOL

Warney would argue he took 708 Test wickets for his fans Daz. He clearly won't go around signing something for nothing - this is 2 series he has pulled out on (and for 09/10 Select he turned down $10k!).

It would have made a nice set of 6 for the 2002 Topps series though, and i LOVE the blue pen they were signed in - looks much better than black IMHO. One of the best ever set of sigs i reckon. :D

Hey guys!
Thanks for replying to my request......I just bought three of these Auto's
The Gillespie for $50 (black sig) The Lee for $80 and the Martyn for $75
Do you think those prices are OK?
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom