Panthers 1991
Real Name
owen
eBay User
roy2053
Has anyone purchased these?
Are they any good?

DE27CACB-A039-445B-A00F-C89781AD8386.png

Have one I just bought sitting next to me - waiting for me to actually fill it.

Covid had me buy it as a way to get my collection organised. Laziness has me not getting my set organised.

Seems reasonable quality, but haven't tried slotting a card in yet. I'll let you know

I have one. I don't mind it but I have 130pt top loaders in mine and they are just too loose. The pockets don't hold the top loaders firm enough for my liking. So I can only imagine that anything less than 130pt is going to be worse.

Well thats not ideal. I have pretty much all 35pt top loaders.

I might have to go front to back on each but then that might still be loose.

I really need to get off my ass and use it. I'll try do it after work today

No tops on the individual pockets mate, the top loaders just slip straight in like a standard card would in the 9 pocket pages. And I find if the album is lying down the top loaders can slide upwards and if not careful they could slip straight out.
Thanks mate

Is there like an album that takes Penny sleeved cards?

not sure of what you mean as most album pages take penny sleeves, some better than others,
it's a bit like card cases, about 20 plus years ago I bought a 50 holder card case made in Canada and found that it held normal footy cards with a penny sleeve on unlike the ones of today, ...
only one I have ever seen and found it handy when attending card shows, just popped the cards in and sorted when home..
Don't know if they are available today.

I've looked at these Select folders and wondered as well if they are worth it as well.

I bought 3 of the Sportstech Top Loader albums. They hold 6 per page and have a little tab on each slot that does a good job holding the top loaders in place I have mainly 35pt top loaders but they would easily hold these doubled up and probably even up to 100pt. They comfortably hold 35 pages ( 210 cards) so have a pretty large capacity. The issue is the folder is a bit taller so doesn't sit in my book shelf, they are about 36 cm tall.

The other issue is they are super expensive to post from the States so you need a way other than posting to get them to OZ.
Sportstech 2.png
TL4.jpg

I've looked at these Select folders and wondered as well if they are worth it as well.

I bought 3 of the Sportstech Top Loader albums. They hold 6 per page and have a little tab on each slot that does a good job holding the top loaders in place I have mainly 35pt top loaders but they would easily hold these doubled up and probably even up to 100pt. They comfortably hold 35 pages ( 210 cards) so have a pretty large capacity. The issue is the folder is a bit taller so doesn't sit in my book shelf, they are about 36 cm tall.

The other issue is they are super expensive to post from the States so you need a way other than posting to get them to OZ.
Sportstech 2.png
TL4.jpg

I've got a couple of these too. Great quality pages and love the 1/4 seal across the top of each pocket to stop top loader movement, wish Select did the same with their pages. I agree and find the size awkward, and pretty sure these are made and shipped from the US, making them very expensive once shipping is added.

Sportstech 2.png
TL4.jpg
Are these albums readily available,and there pretty expensive aren't they.

I grabbed mine a few years back while I was in the USA on holiday. Worked out a Hotel I was going to stay in and when and had Sportstech post the parcel there. (free local shipping)

Thanks Ross.Just a thought,my son has a ship my cards account were he accumulates lots of cards then sends them home.Wonder if he could buy one then send it to his account and get it shipped with the cards.🤔

Thanks Ross.Just a thought,my son has a ship my cards account were he accumulates lots of cards then sends them home.Wonder if he could buy one then send it to his account and get it shipped with the cards.🤔
It would probably work out cheaper but I think its still pretty bad.

Approx They are 36cm tall x 26cm wide x 11cm deep. With the pages approx 2.5Kg's in weight (guessing)

If someone arrange a bulk buy it would probably work out OK. Any freight forwarders on OZ Cards?

Ross

Just looked at the link I put up to their Ebay store and it is in USD, I'm sure I only paid about $30-$35 AUD per binder, and I think with some extra pages the 3 folders cost me about $130 AUD. Although the exchange rate was also a lot better almost $1 for $1 in 2013.

They seem to have gone up a bit as well.

Back
Top Bottom