Tmac To the Knicks - ARE YOU JOKING???

TmacRedRocket

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Chris
Houston also seems to be very active in trade talk, particularly trying to move Tracy McGrady we’re told. McGrady will be out for the first 20-30 games of the regular season, but there is some thought that he might be able to help a playoff team down the stretch, particularly since he’s in a contract year. Its tough to see how many teams would be able to absorb the 20+ million dollars he’s owed next season. The New York Knicks might be one of them. Houston would be looking for a shooting guard in return. DraftExpress.com

Several persons with knowledge of the situation have said the Knicks would strongly consider McGrady, even as a one-year mercenary. The two could use each other: McGrady wants another mega-deal before free agency in 2010 and should be motivated to be in the best shape of his life for this coming season. And his number comes off the cap in 2010, so if it doesn't work out, the committment is short and does not impact the long-term plan. Newsday

The Knicks could put together a package that would save the Rockets some money and include a veteran shooting guard with an expiring contract -- Larry Hughes ($13.6M) -- along with Cuttino Mobley's 80-percent insured $9.5M deal. Mobley could then officially retire with the team that drafted him (and originally knew about his heart condition). Call it full circle. - HoopsHype - NBA Rumors

If it goes through- it may help the knicks. Then comes the issue of finding minutes for nate robinson who had a breakout 08-09 season. so yeah, a mess.

It'd be like a family reunion if Tmac went to the nets again lol, just like back in the day in Toronto. Two cousins, both got killer game, to bad toronto didn't keep the two of em... they would have been the most entertaining team ever!!!

TMac stays at Houston then they get in Shaq and Turkoglu or Josh Smith from Atlanta, viable?
That's if he wants to stay in HOU and Shaq believes they can get a C'ship there. Also, if TMac is out 20-30 games that could even put the title run off until the following season if they cant get a decent record going before he returns.

Simply put it's a bad rumor, darryl morey would never let it happen, he will always get value out of his trades, just look at his history- turning a late 1st round pick into ron artest, and the SCOLA deal for nothing...as well as drafting studs like brooks and landry in the same draft.
Both players from the Knicks would be worthless to the rockets especially hughes ( why would we want an old slow shooting guard thats over paid and throws up bricks, we get that with an injured TMAC)+ MOBLEY has to unretire for that to happen.

I see them either holding on to him until Feb and seeing how he pans out(see how hard he works over summer etc) or they trade him for a Jameson, turk or a high quality C or SG they need to fill) But they will buy a late 1st round pick to solve one of those issues, and use them as a backup.... so no need to stress yet mate.

As for the Knicks, I can see Amare or Nash or both ending up in NY to play under Mike again... something tells me the suns may start from scratch again

I agree about Amare, ive read many rumours showing "authentic?" interviews with amare showing huge interest in NY above rumours, and NY wanting Thabeet?? Anyhow ill be watching what they do.

Well one just cant help but be unsettled by this somewhat confusing proposal such as Tmac going to the Knicks. Unless the rumours about Lebron heading to Knicks (with Tmac), well that just brings cream to the surface, throw in thabeet or amare and it dosent sound so bad.

Overall, id rather the rumour be unfounded but waiting til feburary is just plain mean. A question i have is: Did Mcgrady go behind managements back to Have surgury? It was a spontaneous media release on his behalf i understand.

I could see Nash in New York actually, he lives there during the Off season and would be back under Mike D's system which suits him very well.

It would all depend on who the Knicks would give up for him? Hopefully not David Lee but I could see the Knicks moving him before they have to pay him what his worth (no longer on the rookie deal)

Cheers
Matt

Garnett showed he was positive about recieving Marbury. Too bad he didnt play better, Doc gave him plenty of opportunities. Terrible

Back
Top Bottom