TLA Traders 2021 Official Thread

100 % correct. Very much for the here and now and hustle bustle world of box breaks etc. Hell, some people are so desperate to move cards they even photograph and price them in the car after a bust or take screen shots of a live break and list before a card is even in hand !!

Some pages are much better than others on FB but any trades I do on here, I generally feel much safer about. There are more bargains to be had on FB though. You can rest assured that at least once a week a new collector will have an emergency and need to dump their collection such as it is.
Then if you get a bargain you just gotta hope and pray they are not a scammer haha
FB? It's it politically incorrect to call someone a fat b***ard these days?

I'll stick with eBay - at least that has some form of accountability.
Glad it's just not me being a dinosaur. I kind of like the trading community and the odd thread to chat footy or other sh^t which also seems to be something missing on FB trading cards sites.

Lie detector confirmed this is a lie 🤣🤣. You can’t be serious blaming this website/moderators etc for the garbage being fed to collectors .
If a product is good enough, you could stand on the Harbour Bridge screaming FU TLA and it wouldn’t matter . Look at the autos this year . Worst they have been , who’s fault is that ?

You look at this release:

- Folder Parallel Rising Stars says Traders 2020 and the normal version says 2021
- Signatures of the cards inserted in packs, many have streaks through them where the roller sorts the cards into packs. Some of the autos on the Legends are awful.
- There is an image issue on one of the Parallel cards not being the player in question.
- Had another change in the numbering of the Signatures. We have gone from Limited to 100 (that held some value) to numbered to 170 (which didn't hold much value) back to 100 and now to 115 and a parallel version to 58. Would love some consistency in this area.

I do have to laugh though, one week I get called out by someone saying I'm a TLA employee and the next week my comments about their products is killing the hobby?

I think they did a pretty good job to get us an Elite Product considering the challenges faced by Covid and getting jerseys (they used ones from past years) and dealing with signings and players in quarantine bubbles.

This year I think Elite needs to be spot on and deliver some great cards (the missing Spotlights for the teams that previously missed out) and for the signatures some new signers would be welcomed.

But I think there is a lot more they can do.

Here is an idea......

You look at what Select released last year in relation to Brilliance....... it was well received and sold out within hours. Demand outstripped supply massively.

Now TLA has a link up with Futera who has started selling the 24kt Gold Cards (similar to the Elite Jersey 1/1 cards) and you can buy various Soccer Players cards direct from Futera.

Now imagine if TLA said hey Futera, we want to do a release like Brilliance but have 4 cards a team (instead of 2 in Brilliance) and sell the cards as a 1 card per pack concept for $100 a pack!

Throw in some some NSW/QLD players as well and yes I know its pricy but im sure there would be plenty of collectors who would be interested.

I mean how good would these look? I mean I did the one below to stir up @Diggaz TC about how Luke Brooks is a myth.....ical player.

1617700043960.png

Or if you wanted a good halfback you could have the guy below?

Cleary.jpg

But you could also expand this into other things like jersey cards....

Papi.jpg

Or even Autos?

Brooks.jpg

I mean there are so many things that could be done, but the desire to do them isnt there......

Anyway, im off to find more things I can complain about being the grumpy old man I have become!

Cheers
Matt

Last edited:
Then if you get a bargain you just gotta hope and pray they are not a scammer haha
Yeah 100% . Can’t remember off hand the last person that was a legit member on here scamming anyone . Heard plenty off of Facebook sites/ eBay etc that were also members on here but still didn’t do it on here . I also believe the dealers are capitalising on the pump and dump situation we are in atm with new Covid collectors , which is their business as well.
The industry I’m in ,we have a saying to look after your bread and butter clients as they will be around longer ?Hope that happens on sites like this 👌

The White Authentics are selling from $80 to $150. The Blacks are half of that print run. So, logically, $160 to $300, largely depending on the player and/or team. Mostly i have seen them being offered for around the $200 mark, which would fit into that range. That said - i wouldn't pay that for them, and so i am leaving them for others. Just too much to outlay for a set of 16.

Got my box a few days ago - no auto unfortunately. Not sure what's considered the hit of the box if any. Quite like the Rising Stars cards but Street Art, Startoons, etc. is not really my cup of tea. I prefer the 1994 Set. Hopefully there is an Elite product later this year. Still. it was fun to break a box instead of a few loose packs.

Got my box a few days ago - no auto unfortunately. Not sure what's considered the hit of the box if any. Quite like the Rising Stars cards but Street Art, Startoons, etc. is not really my cup of tea. I prefer the 1994 Set. Hopefully there is an Elite product later this year. Still. it was fun to break a box instead of a few loose packs.
The most common “hit” you get from a box are the Retirements and they are 1 in 2 boxes.

The approximate odds of the cards are printed on the back of the packets.
1 per box are the Black Street Art, Team Wild Card and Club Heroes. Retirements are 1 per 2 boxes.
Authentic White and Top Tries are 1 per 12 boxes.
Authentic Silver are 1 per 3 boxes.
Predictors are 1 per 6 boxes.
Authentic Blacks are 1 per 24 boxes.

The approximate odds of the cards are printed on the back of the packets.
1 per box are the Black Street Art, Team Wild Card and Club Heroes. Retirements are 1 per 2 boxes.
Authentic White and Top Tries are 1 per 12 boxes.
Authentic Silver are 1 per 3 boxes.
Predictors are 1 per 6 boxes.
Authentic Blacks are 1 per 24 boxes.
Cheers for that info. I didn't think to look at the pack odds.The Shannon Boyd Retirements card was the rarest card I got based on those odds.

I’m getting peeved off. Bought packets from 3 boxes at my local newsagent and they all had Fermor, Funa, Kolomatangi Rising Stars.

Can’t believe how quickly the Traders died off this year. Very disappointing to say the least
This was about the point last year everyone gave up. This year was possibly a little quicker but they always die off just in time for Elite, which by the way, I'm expecting to be the best it has ever been this year if they are upping the price and making it a hobby release.

This was about the point last year everyone gave up. This year was possibly a little quicker but they always die off just in time for Elite, which by the way, I'm expecting to be the best it has ever been this year if they are upping the price and making it a hobby release.
Not sure if they can do anything to justify a extra $60 a box . Cards will still decline in value same as usual unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom