TLA NRL Power Play Extreme 2017 (Official Thread)

Matt26

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Matt
Hi everyone,

All New ! NRL Extreme 2017 Games Cards

The main points around the release are:
  • We are planning to market this release heavily this year, it will get top billing on all our social media campaigns and at retail, we have seen sales grow in 2016 so we want this momentum to continue.
  • We see this as a major growth area in 2017
  • Extreme RRP’s remain unchanged.
  • 2004 Boxes are on offer to dealers the balance has been allocated to Newsagents to keep up with the growth demand.
  • The ratios are on the sales flyer it’s a simple release but if we can protect the value of the cards on the secondary market we will see this fly to collectors.
  • We have vastly improved the card content and card design and totally redesigned the website, which now includes a lot more player information than before. The look of the cards and packaging has also changed for the better, a lot more grown up brighter and more visual.
  • We have included:
  • More states on each player both front and back of cards allowing for a Trivia game to be played as well as the usual games.
  • Stats are now on front and back of cards (refer team zone) allowing a higher level of game play than in previous years.
  • All cards are still individually numbered, we are launching a new website www.nrlgamecards.com which will increase online gameplay and member sign ups we currently sit at 10,000 members
  • We are seeing School age kids play a game called FLICK Card in the school yard, they use old Power Play cards to try and flick other Power Play cards out of a circle on the ground (think marbles). So to capitalize on this fad we have released a special Flick Cards in this set, which is made out of plastic. While still technically a game card the special Flick can be used to win as many cards form your mates as possible in a game of FLICK. 16 to Collect!
  • At only $2.99 this is still a great entry level product but now we have added in the Autograph cards and improved the cards design we are at a new level with this product.
  • The starter packs contain 4 packets of cards plus a BONUS starter pack card (Power Bomb Card 16 cards to collect) normally one per box so fairly rare and hard to set, this will drive the sales of starter packs this year to collectors.
  • Each Album Contains two packets of cards plus an album card (1 of 3 Mile Stone cards to collect) this is a parallel of the Traders Starter pack bonus card except using the Extreme branding, so will help us to cross sell this release to Traders buyers who are keen to collect the 6 card set.
  • Over all we have looked closely at others in the market for inspiration in this space, we really feel we are on a winner here.

Just had an email from TLA showing us an image of one of the signature cards which are "unannounced" inclusions in this upcoming release. These will be inserted and feature an NRL Hologram on the back.

Cheers
Matt

Last edited:
Do we know who the Knights SAS is @joeyhonson ?

Just hoping that they haven't used the same players for both releases.

Gagai would probably be the obvious choice, but if they use him in Traders I don't think that leaves anywhere to go for Elite as far as League Sensations are concerned. I honestly don't know Brendan, I try not to get caught up in who the signers are for the Knights, ruins the surprise for me.

If I had to guess I would say Gagai Traders and Hodkinson for League Sensation in Elite.

We will have updated flyers and checklists up later today.

Make sure you keep your wrappers is an early hint for collectors!

Some good signers in the signature cards.

Cheers
Matt

Direct from ESP:

Attached is an updated NRL Extreme 2017 Sales Flyers and Check List.

Please note the following:

1. The sales flyer now includes an image of three Authentic Play Autograph cards, they do exist!!!! There are 16 cards to collect 11 are in pack and 5 are via a wrapper redemption program (refer to the check list for details)

2. The check list has also been updated to include a list of the players that have autographed the cards. We have noted those players that are available via redemption (see the names in yellow)

3. The autograph cards are not individually numbered but they are individually hologram. See my note below on card holograms.

Card Holograms:

This product is produced in Taiwan, at the time of production the humidity made it very difficult to successfully apply the holograms to all of the cards. As a result some of the cards in pack do not have a hologram, collectors can return their cards via registered post to TLA in Sydney and we will happily apply a hologram to those cards. The TLA team will attend as many cards shows as possible this year, we will set up a table at these shows to hologram Extreme 2017 autographed cards that collectors bring to the show or that you might have in stock so we fix this issue. Unfortunately we had to make a call on this last minute to avoid damaging the cards.

We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Attachments

• TLA13011_NRLExtremePP_Checklist_Autograph_A4_V1_Opt.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 393
  • TLAWW13011_NRLExtremePP_AutographFlyer_A4_V1.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 398