TLA 2022/23 Cricket Traders Thread

Is there a stockist list for newsagencies and petrol stations this year? I haven’t found them anywhere. Not interested in ordering a hobby box, but I’d definitely be keen on grabbing a few packs from somewhere local.

Is there a stockist list for newsagencies and petrol stations this year? I haven’t found them anywhere. Not interested in ordering a hobby box, but I’d definitely be keen on grabbing a few packs from somewhere local.
On a live box break on Diggaz earlier this week he mentioned Newsagents are expecting to receive stock by Thursday, if they haven't already.

Last edited:
What are people's thoughts on the different products being offered?

Starter Pack $10 (exclusives: Illusions Yellow NNO/310, Illusions Green #/175, Illusions Black #/75)
Retail Box $180
Hobby Box $220 (exclusives: Club Hero Parallel #/70, Breakouts Signature #/50)
Priority Box $360 (exclusives: Blasters Priority #/34, Breakouts Priority #/23, Breakouts Signature Priority #/23)

Hobby all the way for me.

My Notes:
Starter Pack: Based on the stats you have a better chance of getting an Illusions Black (#/75) than a standard Illusions (1:18) in Starter Packs. Over the entire run expect standard llusions NNO/1040.

Priority Box: The odds are the same for Blasters and Breakouts in both Hobby and Priority. The odds for Breakout Signatures are actually smaller in Priority (#/23 ~ 1:72) than Hobby (#/50 ~ 1:180) so even with the box price difference they should be similar prices. Though the ice versions for Priority on Breakouts and Breakouts Signature do look nicer.

Warner’s test common card pic is interesting. My son noted - as I was sorting - Warner hasn’t been with Gray Nic since South Africa 2018.

Soooooo…

Other than Seven Hills newsagents, my local and The Gamesman, who actually has this in stock?

My job gets me travelling around Sydney a fair bit, so always pop in to newsagents. My local has had 3 boxes, binders and 4 starters which I bought. All the others within 5-10km I visit have nothing. NOTHING.

Even our trade threads are meagre at best.

So, what’s happening with this release?

Barely anyone has any stock and if they did receive any it was one or two boxes at best. Newsagents that previously got two to three cases of starters received three or four starters in total.

Not sure what TLA are doing with this release. I can see them taking a bath on this as there is no product out there.

Very disappointing as it’s actually a really good release. Best cards they have done IMO.

There were a couple of newsagents down here in Devonport Tas that had them, I grabbed a few packs here and there but nothing crazy. Not sure if this has been a good seller or not. But happy to say today I just purchased the last Hurricanes Emerald I needed, should arrive next week. But sadly still need 3 Sapphires from last year. It's a hard set to collect, the fact that they are numbered to only 30 and not a huge amount of product gets busted straight away. Last year I passed on some Sapphires I needed at a little more than I wanted to pay, but 12 months later I still need 3, so this time I just grabbed them when available. Paid a little more for some, but also got a couple at bargain price. Worth the extra dollars to make sure in a year or 2 I'm not still chasing them.

Even though Pop Culture has a store in Blacktown, you can only purchase online from them.

Lots of places online to purchase product or singles. I brought my Hobby box from Diggaz. Obviously you can buy most items on eBay as well.

My newsagent in Blacktown had:
8 starters (I brought 7), they tried to order more but no more stock.
2 boxes (i have already pulled both emeralds, an auto and an authentic foil, so won't buy anymore from them)

Last edited:
They have to get this product out to the masses, get new kids and older kids buying a pack
or two at their local store. Even if one in ten ends up trying to buy more collect the set it
bodes well for the future. They can't rely on online sales from whatever source too much.

After reading the previous release's thread I found a list of Newsagents from 2020-21 release.

As the newsagent I had been buying from was listed, I decided to visit the second store on the list in Blacktown:

Me: Do you have this year's Cricket release
Them: Not yet, we automatically get sent stock when the product is released.
Me: It was released a few weeks ago
Them: Must be a different manufacturer
Me: No, it is the same manufacturer as the last couple of years
Them: Let me check. You are right it is available.

So the newsagents assume it will be delivered to them automatically but at least in this instance it wasn't.

For what it's worth, selected Coles Express outlets across Australia are also stocking Cricket Traders this year.

For some of the outlets, you will also need to refer to the Coles Express website to workout their location using the store number, as some stores are listed with their registered business name (Eureka Operations), rather than their actual street address. This seems to apply to some NSW, VIC and SA outlets only.

This forum doesn't allow excel spreadsheets to be attached to messages (which is extremely unhelpful), so i have saved the file as .txt extension.
Please rename the file with a .xls extension and you should be able to open it without any problems.

Attachments

• Cricket Traders 2022 - Coles Express.txt
    70.5 KB · Views: 66
Back
Top Bottom