TLA 2022/23 Cricket Traders Thread

Here's a thought we have a world cup in Australia starting very soon , how about we have a series that features Local players and non Australia players ....Crazy thought I know but it seem to work in the past for Scanlans, Futura, Buttercup Bread and even Select. Sadly we seem to be moving away from using the one thing that cricket has above other codes in this country who have trade cards and that's you have International Competition! So lets give a kid in Melbourne a change to pull a Joe root card and go along too the MCG, watch England train and then have him sign it and treasure it for the rest of his life like I did 30yrs ago! when I went along too watch the touring New Zealanders train in the nets at the MCG with my 90/91 Stimorol cards fresh out of the pack and I got Crowe , Smith, Wright etc and somebody who had retired but still made the set (over doing TV work) and later in the summer got the English players
so please give as a great set that includes ALL players we will see on the Field this summer
img075.jpg

Here's a thought we have a world cup in Australia starting very soon , how about we have a series that features Local players and non Australia players ....Crazy thought I know but it seem to work in the past for Scanlans, Futura, Buttercup Bread and even Select. Sadly we seem to be moving away from using the one thing that cricket has above other codes in this country who have trade cards and that's you have International Competition! So lets give a kid in Melbourne a change to pull a Joe root card and go along too the MCG, watch England train and then have him sign it and treasure it for the rest of his life like I did 30yrs ago! when I went along too watch the touring New Zealanders train in the nets at the MCG with my 90/91 Stimorol cards fresh out of the pack and I got Crowe , Smith, Wright etc and somebody who had retired but still made the set (over doing TV work) and later in the summer got the English players
so please give as a great set that includes ALL players we will see on the Field this summer
img075.jpg
I like the idea but I believe the issue is to do with licencing these days. They would only have the rights to the Australian players and their images through the ACB. They would have to pay for the rights to the other countries separately.

Unfortunately sport is a big business now. It was great when you could collect cards in Weet-Bix packets, bread packets, etc, but the licencing fees are so expensive now.

I like the idea but I believe the issue is to do with licencing these days. They would only have the rights to the Australian players and their images through the ACB. They would have to pay for the rights to the other countries separately.

Unfortunately sport is a big business now. It was great when you could collect cards in Weet-Bix packets, bread packets, etc, but the licencing fees are so expensive now.

TLA have the Australian rights and there is also an ICC Licence which was held by Tap N Play for a little while (how they were able to release cards from all countries for one of the world cups).

I am highly surprised that someone like Fanatics/Topps or Panini etc. haven't gone after the ICC license to do sets like Prizm/Chrome World Cup etc.

TLA have the Australian rights and there is also an ICC Licence which was held by Tap N Play for a little while (how they were able to release cards from all countries for one of the world cups).

I am highly surprised that someone like Fanatics/Topps or Panini etc. haven't gone after the ICC license to do sets like Prizm/Chrome World Cup etc.

Futera obviously had or were close to having the ICC licence back in 2010ish when they were going to release a multi-nation release

but i think, if you want to do a generic all nation release then you need agreements with each board, the ICC licence works for the ICC events (world cups, world t20 etc) so overall quite a lot of hassle if you need to negotiate with each board

Topps had the ICC licence in 2015 and Tap N Play 2017-2019

Last edited:
Futera obviously had or were close to having the ICC licence back in 2010ish when they were going to release a multi-nation release

but i think, if you want to do a generic all nation release then you need agreements with each board, the ICC licence works for the ICC events (world cups, world t20 etc) so overall quite a lot of hassle if you need to negotiate with each board

Topps had the ICC licence in 2015 and Tap N Play 2017-2019

The IPL teams have their own licences too which also complicates things.

Not saying I want 1/1’s in cricket, but this shows what TLA can do. Imagine something similar with BBL numbered to /50. One year they could do 4 stars and 4 young guns, then the next year teams that got a star get a young gun and vice versa. This is where I’m hoping cricket cards can get to in the very near future.

Not saying I want 1/1’s in cricket, but this shows what TLA can do. Imagine something similar with BBL numbered to /50. One year they could do 4 stars and 4 young guns, then the next year teams that got a star get a young gun and vice versa. This is where I’m hoping cricket cards can get to in the very near future

C40D4B20-7747-440B-8D77-F82C93152782.jpeg

48BB46DC-56CA-493B-9A85-3CBD7F36F8AE.jpeg

Does anyone have any stock yet? I have seen some broken online so assume it should be on sale now?

Would be very grateful if I could get some stock today or tomorrow so I can get some signed at the One day game at North Sydney tomorrow.

Does anyone have any stock yet? I have seen some broken online so assume it should be on sale now?

Would be very grateful if I could get some stock today or tomorrow so I can get some signed at the One day game at North Sydney tomorrow.

7th release date

Couple of things, does anyone know yet if the album has a ring binder or has fixed pages? I have found this release drop to be very strange. All of a sudden it’s getting busted and I didn’t know it was released yet. I think TLA need to sort out their social media, their page has NRL in the title, meaning I’ve never bothered looking there or following it as I don’t care for NRL cards. They should either start a separate page for their cricket, or take the NRL from the name and use it for both.

Couple of things, does anyone know yet if the album has a ring binder or has fixed pages? I have found this release drop to be very strange. All of a sudden it’s getting busted and I didn’t know it was released yet. I think TLA need to sort out their social media, their page has NRL in the title, meaning I’ve never bothered looking there or following it as I don’t care for NRL cards. They should either start a separate page for their cricket, or take the NRL from the name and use it for both.
Couldn't agree more, the card themselves look pretty good but the distribution seems awful and completely haphazard

Plenty of stock seems to be being broken online, but i went into sportscardworld this arvo and they had only just got a notification that there stock was on the way an hour or so earlier so they aren't expecting it until Wednesday

Back
Top Bottom