The Official BOSTON CELTICS thread

Bit of an offensive foulathon but great away win - could be the difference between these 2 clubs record at the end of the season. Rondo was great other than 8 turnovers!!! ;)
Ray hit the big shot down the stretch but the best story for the C's in this game was Tony Allen - he was dead set...well...good. Decent D - took the open jumper which he needed to do to keep them honest and the obligatory awesome dunk....Will be good for him to get some burn while the Truth is out....oh and only 1 TO......

I think Doc will live with the 8 turnovers considering he was the only one doing ANYTHING at many times, AND the fact of how tight and many fouls they were calling, they called some soft and totally disregarded other ones that shoud've been offensive!

eh, that's what you get from xmas day refs! don't wanna be there!

He shouldn't even have been over there, that's the f'd up bit, he leaves his man Lewis to go to Carter who was already covered well! Sux if it's serious, didn't look enjoyable that's for sure!

Oh dear. Saw the highlight on Sportscentre. Roooooondooooooo with the consecutive free throw misses with the game tied with 1.5 seconds left in the game then Baron with the stupidly difficult jumper fading away and swishing the jumper. Dammmmmnnnn B Diddy! Hopefully Rondo doesn't get the Nick Anderson bug after this..that would be a shame.

Celts getting smashed early on by Phoenix. The Suns defense has been reading passing lanes and getting steals and offensive boards. Amare already with 18 points early in 2nd quarter, would be great to see him drop 55 points on Celtics lol...

Celts getting smashed early on by Phoenix. The Suns defense has been reading passing lanes and getting steals and offensive boards. Amare already with 18 points early in 2nd quarter, would be great to see him drop 55 points on Celtics lol...

yeah that'd be marvellous :blink:

---------- Post added 31-12-2009 at 02:34 PM ----------

I really like watching Rondo play. He remind's me of a young Payton...;)

I would be worry of that KG fall. You could actually hear that he hit the floor hard. Hopefully he's ok.

No KG today :cry:

I know lol...He's got about 5 more vids up like that, but that's probably the best along with the one with David Spade...youtube Vote4Amare :thumbsup:

Back to the game and it's looking bleak for Boston...Frye is frying them from 3 point range...

Amazing play by Doc to get Rondo the alley oop to tie the game! DWade's remarkable defensive play for the jam was unbelivable...that was a tough loss for the Heat.

Rondo is schooling the much hated Bibby today. Rondo is running his own show today and keeping the Hawks guessing on nearly every play. WOW his shot has improved out of site and now he is not only knocking down the outside shot he is knocking down threes with no hesitation. That last three to beat the shot clock!

Rondo getting us easy shots and himself layups is the reason we are shooting 63% so far and Scal and co are really doing well at keeping the hawks out of the position they want in their offence and getting their shots off. Smith is really forcing his shots today.

This will still be a game of runs though so early days.

If Rondo isn't an all star this year voted in by the coaches ......

---------- Post added 12-01-2010 at 12:29 PM ----------

SCAL for THREEEEEEEEEEEE!

The execution today has been great and Scal still doing the job on Smith. Bibby is completely lost on Rondo 1 on 1, Rondo staring.

This is how to play this young team that wants to run and spread the floor to create one on one isolations with their athleticism.

Decent effort considering no Garnett or Wallace. Rondo's stuffing the stat sheets of late, but I'm not sold on All Star given his overall season stats.

Joe Johnson, Mo Williams, Vince Carter, Derrick Rose in the East would have my vote before Rondo.

Back
Top Bottom