The Hobby Hangout Brisbane Discussion

Just back from this.

Very busy event, plenty of people. Wide variety of sellers. NBA dominated along with Pokemon, but I noticed interests like NRL, ARL and other random things were well represented.

Was hoping for more high-end NBA singles than what I saw, but that's a personal thing. Huge array of boxes and packs to suit most tastes. Most sellers were happy to chat quickly and ask what you were interested in. Most prices were fair and I know some sellers were happy to do deals and consider offers.

Venue I thought was good and suited the event. Plenty of free parking nearby. Bar inside was good. Would've liked doors to have opened earlier at say 10am.

Hope the organisers bring back the event in say 6 months, I'd go again.

@SharpysSports - I only just realised you were probs the dude selling the PG Net Marvels /1? If so I didn't have the chance to say gday, some dude was already having a good chin wag about Kobes and opening 96 Topps Finest product back in the day.

I'd like to hear the experiences of others and if you bought anything etc.
Yep that's where I was. I had the PG Net Marvels up for sale. I'm not upset it didn't sell.

I don't remember talking about Kobe's or opening 96 Topps Finest so that was probably my brother who was manning the sale of my cards while I manned the MERQARY part of the stall. My brother is only fresh to the hobby so he must have done a good job faking it for the guy to hang around. :lol::lol:

Sales were pretty good during the early part of the day but then slowed as people started leaving. I had a rather low target which I almost hit and MERQARY did quite well.

We were just lucky where our stand was being right in front of the air conditioning. It was so hot in the venue!!

Back
Top Bottom