The Centre Piece To The Shrine.

33WING

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Leigh
eBay User
frontier_basketball_cards_and_memorabilia
The centre piece to the shrine has arrived and I couldn't be any happier, this has been a long time coming and is proof that good things come to those that wait.

This is a piece I have been looking to buy for a very long time but I would only buy one that had both a Letter Of Authenticity from a reputable authenticator and PSA authentication. I would like to thank hairyangryfella who brought it to my attention as well as two others who aren't members on here but I'll mention them anyway and they are Matt Almond and Josh Pancow of Atlanta sports cards, he can also be found on Youtube and is a great guy to deal with.

It was given to Josh as a debt settlement and he was looking to sell ASAP which is where I stepped in and made an offer, he returned with a counter offer and the rest is history.

This piece was purchased at an Atlanta Hawks Charity Auction several years ago, unfortunately I was unable to find out the price it sold for. It comes with PSA authentication and a Letter Of Authentication from Lou Lampson which was done in 2007, I've heard bad things about Lou Lampson recently but the positive thing is that this piece was authenticated many years ago before Lou started damaging his reputation a little bit.

The game used scene for basketball jersey's is a very tough one to judge due to the lack of wear they show after a game as opposed to Football or Baseball where the evidence is more obvious and can be taken from photos or footage of the games, I'm happy with the purchase in the end and the evidence is more than satisfying for me so I'll stop dribbling and show you the pics.:worthy:

0022.jpg
0042.jpg

ewing.jpg

ewingback.jpg

010.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

004.jpg

036.jpg

018.jpg

Wow that's just undescribable Leigh, you must be stoked to own that.

What i found interesting was that he is referred to as Sir Patrick Ewing on the last page of the letter, wow, never knew he was Knighted.

But serious.

That is one heck of item, absolutely amazing, very very well done! :worthy:

BOOM!!! way to kill everybody elses hope for a great mailday! how can you follow THAT! absolutely stunning mate truly a great addition and by far in its rightful home!! great stuff mate!

WOW! Congratuations on that pickup. A real white whal for your mantle place.

Ummmm... yeah. Honestly speechless.

Can't go wrong with a memorabilia pickup for the collection and to have a game worn and signed item is sensational - very very sweet. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

I have been looking into acquiring one for my collection. As you have stated in regards to authentication, very hard to find the right piece.
This is a sensational addition to the PC mate.
Are you going to get it mounted/framed?

Wow that's just undescribable Leigh, you must be stoked to own that.

What i found interesting was that he is referred to as Sir Patrick Ewing on the last page of the letter, wow, never knew he was Knighted.

I thought that was interesting also, thanks for the comments.

---------- Post added 02-07-2011 at 10:58 AM ----------

But serious.

That is one heck of item, absolutely amazing, very very well done! :worthy:

Thanks mate, appreciate the comments.

---------- Post added 02-07-2011 at 11:00 AM ----------

That is sick! It's also pretty interesting to read how someone authenticates these type of memorabilia.

It is interesting to see the process and how authenticators go about their job, It's a long drawn out process.

---------- Post added 02-07-2011 at 11:01 AM ----------

Amazing pick up!!!!!!

Amazing indeed, Thanks.

---------- Post added 02-07-2011 at 11:03 AM ----------

BOOM!!! way to kill everybody elses hope for a great mailday! how can you follow THAT! absolutely stunning mate truly a great addition and by far in its rightful home!! great stuff mate!

How can I follow that? According to the minister of finances I won't follow that.:lol:

---------- Post added 02-07-2011 at 11:05 AM ----------

WOW! Congratuations on that pickup. A real white whal for your mantle place.

White Whale indeed, thanks.

Superb addition there mate you must be so stoked, I know I would be, congrats :)

I'm definitely stoked with this, thanks for the comment.

---------- Post added 02-07-2011 at 11:10 AM ----------

I have been looking into acquiring one for my collection. As you have stated in regards to authentication, very hard to find the right piece.
This is a sensational addition to the PC mate.
Are you going to get it mounted/framed?

It is tough to find a piece that your happy with especially a player like Ewing that never signs now.

I'm going to frame it but it's going to be tough due to the length of this jersey, I'm 6'2" and it comes down to my knees so It's going to be a huge frame.

---------- Post added 02-07-2011 at 11:11 AM ----------

That is an amazing piece to add to the collection. Great work mate.

Cheers mate, appreciated.

---------- Post added 02-07-2011 at 11:12 AM ----------

Glad you got it man, and it looks great. I also want to buy something game-worn but it is hard finding proper legit stuff thesedays...

If it wasn't for you mate I wouldn't have this so a big thanks for sending me the link, I appreciate your help.:thumbsup:

wow Maso that is sick bro! Have you tried it on yet to see how big it is? Looks huge :lol:

Dammmmnnnnnn Leigh.... Thats fricken AWESOME.... I wana find a game wore Ray Allen jersey now.... hahahahhahahaaa....
Seriously dude great pick up.... N i dont know anyone who'd get more enjoyment outta it then u... Congrats man!!! :v:

Back
Top Bottom