The biggest ****er on ebay is back at it...

hairyangryfella

Tag Team Quads 93/94
Real Name
Graeme
Relisted all his cards at ridiculous prices... and he's blocked me from making offers... :D

He has the Nets (common) Tag Team that he was previously listing at $158. Now he's listing it at $99. The same card sold for an amazing $62 today (I was shocked and wasn't prepared to pay that much). So I asked him if he'd take $58 for his one. The response...

no

-home-run

Hope he has to pay heaps of fees just to teach him a lesson...

You come across these arrogant sellers on ebay from time to time! I recently put an offer in on a peja UD Black patch that was at $33 or best offer. The day after my offer the card was put up to $48 buy it now. I was furious! I ended up talking him into selling it to me for $30 but you have to be firm with them ;)

You come across these arrogant sellers on ebay from time to time! I recently put an offer in on a peja UD Black patch that was at $33 or best offer. The day after my offer the card was put up to $48 buy it now. I was furious! I ended up talking him into selling it to me for $30 but you have to be firm with them ;)

Nah this guy's just a jerk. He wants the world for his cards (even though the market value is nowhere near it) and is quite rude, he just responds with a "No" or a "No sorry". Never any negotiation. Even Verse had an offer with him and then he just didn't go through with it...

Without trying to upset anyone.......................

Isn't it his perogative to put whatever price he likes on the card? He does own the card. Wether his price is ridiculous or not, doesn't he have the right to sell it at whatever price he feels he should get for it? Even if it is overpriced & wont sell?

Just playing devils advocate here.

Without trying to upset anyone.......................

Isn't it his perogative to put whatever price he likes on the card? He does own the card. Wether his price is ridiculous or not, doesn't he have the right to sell it at whatever price he feels he should get for it? Even if it is overpriced & wont sell?

Just playing devils advocate here.

Yeah and each to their own, it's just that he's rude and ridiculous... If he would just reply with a price he's willing to accept then fine. But to be given just a "No" is pretty pathetic customer service.

Ah sorry dude im with ya now, cant disagree with that.

I guess also the fact that card selling is usually negotiation a lot of the time, & the ability to be open to negotiation.

At the end of the day, I doubt that bloke is going to move any cards with his attitude, so it may end up being a lot of work for nothing.

graeme, i can see where ur coming from mate but i gotta tell ya somehting. yeh the bloke may seem to be a tighty, but if u get to know him he's actually an alright bloke. i swear :lol:. he's hooked me up now with a couple things he had listed, and for very fair and reasonable prices too. one small thing though. at the start he asked for ridiculous amounts on the cards i wanted off him, but then after talkin with him nicely and stuff, he went down to the proper price. i think you've just got on his nerve for him to block ya. have anotehr chat with him and try get on the same level, and you'll see he's actually not bad. he's got some killer cards too. cheers

graeme, i can see where ur coming from mate but i gotta tell ya somehting. yeh the bloke may seem to be a tighty, but if u get to know him he's actually an alright bloke. i swear :lol:. he's hooked me up now with a couple things he had listed, and for very fair and reasonable prices too. one small thing though. at the start he asked for ridiculous amounts on the cards i wanted off him, but then after talkin with him nicely and stuff, he went down to the proper price. i think you've just got on his nerve for him to block ya. have anotehr chat with him and try get on the same level, and you'll see he's actually not bad. he's got some killer cards too. cheers

Nah I don't have a chance. Anything I ask him he just says no. He's even trying to sell the 2004-05 E-xl 'Logoman' of Garnett and Duncan and when I asked him if it was numbered because it was supposed to be a 1/1 and another of them just sold, he replied "no it's not numbered and don't know why there was another one".
Ok then..... so it's a fake, and you're not willing to do anything about it... enjoy the listing fees of that $999 card...

If anybody is able to negotiate decent prices for his Tag Teams I'd be very appreciative......

look since im on good terms with him, i'll speak to him about the tags u want. just PM me which one's specifically, and i'll get back to u soon sometime with what he said. cool?

Yeah noticed these are back up. I havn't heard back from him since negotiating a deal on the Augustin/Gordon/Alexander/Love quad tag. I've asked him numerous times for payment details with no response now :(
He seemed alright with me untill he stopped answering emails.

Fug it im not going to bother with him now. I'll just try and find another one somewhere.

Yeah ive found home-run to be quite good, bought off him many times at really reasonable prices...... maybe its just his time of the month :whistle:

Sorry guys. I have to disagree here. I can see the point you are making when it comes to (so called) "Customer Service" and your expectations of the matter. As a Customer Service PROFESSIONAL i can assure you many times over i have said a flat out "No" to people and if they don't like it they walk (Or hang around to argue then buy or walk). This is not POOR(?) customer service this is a matter of pricing, to have you walk due to price reflects on the store/vendor 's business model and profit expectations.

If i was receiving offers for a card (personally) i would say no you haven't reached my price. It is then your perogative to ask my price, increase your offer or walk? Customer service is serving your personal needs without regard for price, did i treat you discourteously? No. Saying no was a succinct way of getting the point across that you hadn't reach my selling threshold. If i (in ebays case) put a card up for sale, with a nice picture, accurate description and simply RESPOND to your offers/queries, I am providing good Customer Service. If i were to give you detailed responses you may be inclined to call it great customer service?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Scratch all this, just a "left work for the day" rant. Guys sounds like a *****, don't buy from him. Its a shame the cards you're looking for are so hard to find.

Package - I don't have a problem with what you've said, and I can generally agree with that, but $58 isn't thaaaaaat far from $99 and maybe he could do what most people do when they're negotiating and say something like 'I won't go below $90'...
Even as Verse said, he had a deal in place with him but then he just stopped responding. So, he's listed all these hot cards at insane prices and won't negotiate, or if you're lucky enough to get to negotiating he won't follow through...

Again, people can list their cards at whatever price they like, it's just being a jerk if you're not actually willing to move them...

I tried to deal with him on one of his cards a couple months back. I had the highest offer on the card and he would never give me a straight answer. He ended up selling it to someone else without telling me.

I'd be curious how you ask him things? I assume nice friendly e-mails and not just a question? I only say this because I have had many many transactions with Hone-run and he's always been a perfect seller. He can try and get whatever he wants for his cards, they're his, and if you don't like the prices then try and talk him down nicely. If he doesn't budge, leave it, forget it, move on, get another of them. That's all anyone can do.

Sorry if he's been rude to you, but he's been great to me :)

---------- Post added 05-02-2010 at 10:28 AM ----------

$99 also isn't an "insane" price. If the last sold for $62, and there are only 10, then there are now only 9 more out there including this 1. You'd surely have to match the $62 or better it. Unless the tags are significantly worse, it's just logical that he'd say no and even feel a little insulted at being offered lower than what the last sold for.

Yeah Ben i was very nice with him and i though it was all good, agree'd to a price and all then never got the payment details off him. Asked him another 3-4 times for the details and no response :(

I've decided to just not bother anymore;)

Post added 05-02-2010 at 10:28 AM ----------[/SIZE]

[/COLOR]$99 also isn't an "insane" price. If the last sold for $62, and there are only 10, then there are now only 9 more out there including this 1. You'd surely have to match the $62 or better it. Unless the tags are significantly worse, it's just logical that he'd say no and even feel a little insulted at being offered lower than what the last sold for.

He started that at $158 the first time he listed it, even though other cards (and I was showing him them) were going for soooo much less. If you can get one with actual stars on it for under $70 why would you think $158 for a bunch of duds is ok?

Problem was that I first contacted him when he listed those $99,999.00 auctions to show off his cards. I kept asking about ones he had and he never actually told me anything, which got me frustrated and then maybe I wasn't so polite anymore...

Back
Top Bottom