The Australian cricket non-official thread!

Scorchers and Thunder choked big time in the last few days. Surprised heat made it this far to be honest. Ho bad is the umpiring on occasions. Bring in DRS for sure.

Agreed. I am a Heat fan (not that I really like T20) but they are easily the most inconsistent team in the comp and have been for years.

When they get it right though...

This is the most balanced there bowling has ever been though. Feel for Bartlett, he is a gun and gets one over a game.

Marnus has made a huge difference and Pierson is very underrated, surely next in line behind Carey?

Don’t get me started on the umpiring. Tough job to be sure but Khawaja and Cutting were both plumb when on 0 and not many, could have cost the game. The Marnus run out was close, really hard to say if the glove or ball broke the stumps but in hindsight, it was exactly what the Heat and Hazelett needed.

Just going through some mid 90s cricket.
For fun if they did a 2021/22 subset, who’d you have in An Elite XI for past 20 years?

Mine:

Warner
Hayden
Ponting
Smith
Clarke
Hussey
Gilchrist
Lyon
Cummins
Johnson
McGrath

Another would be Great Cricket Memories :

Cook - England
Steyn - South Africa
Gayle - West Indies
Tendulkar- India
Sangakarra - Sri Lanka
Younis Khan - Pakistan
McCallum or Vettori - NZ
Ponting - Australia
Rashid Khan - Afghanistan
Shakib Al Hasan - Bangladesh

You could do a set - GOLDEN GUNS

Langer
Hayden
Ponting
M Waugh
Martyn
S Waugh
Gilchrist
Warne
McGrath
Gillespie
Lee

even add in:
Bichel
Kasprowicz
MacGill
Symonds
Clarke
Hussey
Bevan
Lehmann

I am very interested to see how the ICC rates the Chennai pitch (2nd test). Rumour has it that they were looking at a poor rating, which could potentially cost India 3 Test Championship Points.

Now this is where I think we will see how much sway India have with the ICC. They are obviously the financial giants of the game, and will dispute any ruling against them.

The Chennai pitch kicked up dust from the first ball as has the third test pitch.

If Australia lost 4 points for slow overs in a match that ended in 4 days then surely India lose points for these pitches.

Just a heads up but unsold cricket stock gets returned from newsagents in the next few days so it’ll start to disappear off shelves.

Same mate. Myself and another collector in my area were ringing around all the newsagents months ago, but none could get anymore stock.
It's hard to fathom why there was such little stock around. I went to over thirty different Caltex / Ampol servos and only found one that actually had cricket cards in stock. I thought they were all getting some? 99% of the usual stockists of NRL and previous cricket releases told me there was no cricket release this year and I even found a newsagent that received albums but no actual cards for sale 🙄.

Was at ODDI final with my son at Bankstown Oval today.

The WA blokes were absolutely fantastic and genuinely lovely to autograph and selfie hunters. My son literally got all WA players except Ashton Turner.

You can always rely on Lyon and Hazelwood though. Good for a sig. Country boys too?

We weren’t even rated to make it out the pools.

8EE46E42-7F85-451E-A878-5D00784DB552.jpeg

Got up for this one, takes me back to the days when I would get up for every international cricket and League match in the witching hours, I will pay for it today though!

Great effort from the much maligned Warner and even better from the more maligned MM. some pure power and really good cricket, glad the big 🦬 was able to be there for the winning runs.

That dropped Williamson catch really hurt, glad it didn’t cost us the match. Great effort from the Kiwis though. Everyone’s second favourite team, really decent bunch of humble cricketers. Test works champs, should have been 50 over world champs and a decent effort in the final of the T20.

That being said, up the Aussies, top effort !!

Back
Top Bottom