The Australian cricket non-official thread!

BLOWN8

Sep 18, 2008
Devonport Tasmania
Real Name
Darren
eBay User
dazza_1563
Gees DRS is frustrating. You have s bloke not playing a shot and the ball hitting, not out live. Then you have Warner’s which I thought should have been not out live and it is given. Easy fix, if it is referred, on field decision becomes null and void.

Couldn’t agree more mate. Get rid of this soft call rubbish, if it’s out then it’s out, simple as that. Surely that makes it a much cleaner decision.

May-Z

Oct 19, 2009
Adelaide
Real Name
Matt
eBay User
may--z
Couldn’t agree more mate. Get rid of this soft call rubbish, if it’s out then it’s out, simple as that. Surely that makes it a much cleaner decision.

These are just best estimates though, there is a margin of error with the Hawkeye

If we do take this approach there is actually no reason at all to have on field umpires as basically everything is reviewed now anyway

Brendan_B

OZCT Supporter
Jun 16, 2011
Brisbane, Queensland
Real Name
Brendan
eBay User
Brendan3767
I actually think we should have sent Starc out for 4 overs post tea and tried to knock up 20 or 30. Would have chewed up a half hour but the wicket hasn’t deteriorated like expected. A draw is not ideal but better than a loss because that is series over !!

Reactions: Dalbs

Brendan_B

OZCT Supporter
Jun 16, 2011
Brisbane, Queensland
Real Name
Brendan
eBay User
Brendan3767
I really have to question the fairness of the wicket keeper replacement in this instance. They get SAHA, clearly a better keeper to keep while PANT puts his feet up for a day and a half and then comes out and blasts 97 without any arm guard or movement impediment.

Add to that, SAHA took a screamer to get rid of Labushagne, one that I think PANT would have struggled with, you have a clear and IMO unfair advantage to India.

Reactions: Wookiedragon