The Australian cricket non-official thread!

Just heard on the news Arthur Morris has died aged 93,very sad from what I have read one of the great left-hand bats ever and named in the team of the century

Well, I suppose on balance a 3-2 English victory is a fair result. What a peculiar series it was, certainly (from my point of view) far less enjoyable than 2005, 2009 and 2013. At times Australia's batting and bowling was of a 3rd Grade standard...no offence to any 3rd Graders present!

The mixing and matching of the Australian team needs to stop immediately. Shane Watson and Shaun Marsh need to be either told that they are part of the future, or they are not. It was a ludicrous move to bring Shaun in to replace his brother for one Test, then drop him "scapegoat" style and bring Mitch back in.

At this early stage of his career, I think there is no harm in having Peter Nevill at #6 and Mitchell Marsh at #7. Experienced heads Voges and Siddle will be very important in the next twelve months - the selectors will discard them at their peril.

Nathan Lyon continued to be Michael Clarke's unheralded "go-to" man and he should expect a lot of work in the upcoming tour of Bangladesh. The big question is over the Johnson/Starc/Hazlewood combination.

Lyon, Cummins, Pattinson, Siddle, Hazlewood for mine. With Millions Marsh in at 7.

I think the new era under Smith and Warner should be exciting.

Get Joe Burns and Khawaja in too.

Hearing Cameron Bancroft's name as well.

WA has been great for two seasons, so I would expect a few of their young team to start filtering through.

Looking forward to seeing Usman back in the team. Hopefully he can make it his own for a long period.

Sidds certainly took his opportunity with both hands. Only a couple more wickets to join the 200 club. Good chance he will get there now with that performance. Great to see. He was very long odds before this test to bring it up.

Last edited:
Still the one dayers to look forward to. Hopefully channel 9 or gem broadcast them and hopefully it's good cricket to watch because that test series wasn't great to watch for most parts.

Still the one dayers to look forward to. Hopefully channel 9 or gem broadcast them and hopefully it's good cricket to watch because that test series wasn't great to watch for most parts.
Better still you can watch some of the ladies ashes this Saturday night followed by the ODI game.. Gotta love the gals playing as well.

Reminder the Southern Stars game is on GEM tonight at 9pm.

Great to see our Ashes winning girls getting a run on free to air TV! Anyone that has not seen them in action, do your self a favour and have a look tonight - you won't be disappointed.

The men's T20 team will follow straight after the women's game wraps up, so great night in.....

Well, it was on like Donkey Kong last night at Lord's wasn't it? For those that haven't heard/seen it, Ben Stokes was controversially (to some) given out Obstructing the Field:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzfmA3ke1YI

It reminded me straight away of this moment from 2008:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tKrktTf0-Y

I'm not sure what I think of the Stokes incident, I guess it is open to interpretation from the on-field umpire and the third umpire.
Very much interpretation of the umpires, however IMO there was too much doubt & benefit should have gone to Stokes. That being said, I dont think the Aussies should have appealed anyway for the same reason - too much doubt.

Not a good look re. sportsmanship etc. The Aussies have certainly not made any friends with this & also previously how they reacted with New Zealand being nice to them during the World Cup - responded by giving them world class send offs in the WC Final.

Disappointed with smith, even after the match he stood his ground and wouldn't let up on the dismissal - honestly would have preferred that we lost the game than to win like that (not that the result would have changed anyway). I think it sets a really bad depiction that Australia will win at any cost, cricket is historically a "gentlemen's game" and I am really disappointed with the outcome here - even if he did mean to block the ball, which you can't say 100% he did, it just feels dirty.

Patrick Cummins has been ruled out of Australia's tour of Bangladesh with ANOTHER stress fracture of the back. James Faulkner has been recalled to the squad to replace him. Cummins' BBL club, the Sydney Thunder, have already ruled him out for December and January. The old "uncle Jack" injury had been the scourge of many fast bowlers, most notably poor Bruce Reid.

Back
Top Bottom