The Australian cricket non-official thread!

Gees DRS is frustrating. You have s bloke not playing a shot and the ball hitting, not out live. Then you have Warner’s which I thought should have been not out live and it is given. Easy fix, if it is referred, on field decision becomes null and void.

Couldn’t agree more mate. Get rid of this soft call rubbish, if it’s out then it’s out, simple as that. Surely that makes it a much cleaner decision.

Couldn’t agree more mate. Get rid of this soft call rubbish, if it’s out then it’s out, simple as that. Surely that makes it a much cleaner decision.

These are just best estimates though, there is a margin of error with the Hawkeye

If we do take this approach there is actually no reason at all to have on field umpires as basically everything is reviewed now anyway

I actually think we should have sent Starc out for 4 overs post tea and tried to knock up 20 or 30. Would have chewed up a half hour but the wicket hasn’t deteriorated like expected. A draw is not ideal but better than a loss because that is series over !!

I really have to question the fairness of the wicket keeper replacement in this instance. They get SAHA, clearly a better keeper to keep while PANT puts his feet up for a day and a half and then comes out and blasts 97 without any arm guard or movement impediment.

Add to that, SAHA took a screamer to get rid of Labushagne, one that I think PANT would have struggled with, you have a clear and IMO unfair advantage to India.

Got to hand it to them, they played bloody well and backed themselves in. I thought Starc cost us dearly most of the series.

The first Pujara LBW decision (given not out and then review was umpires call) was very costly, but that’s cricket. On another day that would have been the opening we needed.

Great game and series.

Got to hand it to them, they played bloody well and backed themselves in. I thought Starc cost us dearly most of the series.

The first Pujara LBW decision (given not out and then review was umpires call) was very costly, but that’s cricket. On another day that would have been the opening we needed.

Great game and series

Great game and series.
A friend of mine who has played cricket and been involved in cricket for over 60 years said he would never had pick Stark from day one.Your not the only person then to think Stark is not performing to his best.

The thing with Starc is that even when he is bowling badly, he has that ability to just turn it on and pick up three quick wickets. A few dropped catches off his bowling and I suspect he is a bit busted.

You always pick the players that the opposition least want to play and without Pattinson in that mix, they had to go with Starc.

Credit to India, thoroughly deserved and well played. I guess when you have such a huge cricket mad population to choose from and you finally do away with the class issues as India have, you will always be a force.

India has all the luck, right up to the last half hour with catches falling short, deflections to the boundary etc. you make your own luck I guess.

Australia didn’t play badly, just a few crucial periods where we didn’t get it right. Effort was always there.

Two things from this series, Shane Warne, Mark Howe and Kerry O’Keefe are the worst commentators around, they are infuriating. If O’Keefe called India brave or heroic one more time...stoic maybe, not heroic...

And, DRS, if the ball is even kissing the stumps it needs to be out. Get rid of the on field ‘soft’ decision and if it referred it is technology based and that is it !!

The thing with Starc is that even when he is bowling badly, he has that ability to just turn it on and pick up three quick wickets. A few dropped catches off his bowling and I suspect he is a bit busted.

You always pick the players that the opposition least want to play and without Pattinson in that mix, they had to go with Starc.

Credit to India, thoroughly deserved and well played. I guess when you have such a huge cricket mad population to choose from and you finally do away with the class issues as India have, you will always be a force.

India has all the luck, right up to the last half hour with catches falling short, deflections to the boundary etc. you make your own luck I guess.

Australia didn’t play badly, just a few crucial periods where we didn’t get it right. Effort was always there.

Two things from this series, Shane Warne, Mark Howe and Kerry O’Keefe are the worst commentators around, they are infuriating. If O’Keefe called India brave or heroic one more time...stoic maybe, not heroic...

And, DRS, if the ball is even kissing the stumps it needs to be out. Get rid of the on field ‘soft’ decision and if it referred it is technology based and that is it !!

Absolutely agree with most of this. I agree with Starc having the ability to turn a game on its head, however I can’t recall him bowling a single Yorker (his main wicket taking delivery) today and he barely bowled any bouncers. It was very much line and length bowling, however he can’t excecute that like Cummins and Hazlewood can, he doesn’t have the consistency, never has. Too many loose deliveries which India quite rightly took advantage of.

He is a good player, but nowhere near his best. The fact he didn’t get a go with the new ball says a lot about where he is at and where his captain sees him.

Back
Top Bottom