Tap 'N' Play Australian Cricket Legends - Signature Series (Signed Card Images on Page 2)

Ever since I saw these were being released I've gone to "no buy mode" done some deals to raise extra cash, sold records, cut back on the wife's Xmas pressie . Got a nice amount in the treasure chest but still think I'm going to be way short. As yet no one has put a figure out there but I'm saying $300 at the least per card.

Ever since I saw these were being released I've gone to "no buy mode" done some deals to raise extra cash, sold records, cut back on the wife's Xmas pressie . Got a nice amount in the treasure chest but still think I'm going to be way short. As yet no one has put a figure out there but I'm saying $300 at the least per card.

From what I've been told $249 per card. Also heard there will be a discount for the whole set.

Thanks Matt, also just got word from them to confirm $279 ea for Morris, Davidson and Harvey. $249 for the other four. Discount for set of seven (not sure how much). On sale tonight. :)
Thanks Cam.

what i have been told-
The cards will come individually packed in magnetic plastic display cases. The price for the individual cards will be two tiered:

Arthur Morris - Neil Harvey and Alan Davidson $279

Steve Waugh - Mark Taylor - Glenn McGrath & Brett Lee $249

If you purchase a full set they will be offered at 5% discount - $1740 Plus a $15.00 handling fee - via registerd mail.

For me, I want a Waugh (fav player) a Taylor (for the inscription) and most of all a Morris (inscription and the fact he was a damn good player)

Cheers
Matt

no box release.....no fun.... money grabber imo.

Sig cards look good but a long way from what was thought to be promised as a set...

Look forward to the Topps cricket release in Jan 2105, at least i can bust some packets.

no box release.....no fun.... money grabber imo.

Sig cards look good but a long way from what was thought to be promised as a set...

Look forward to the Topps cricket release in Jan 2105, at least i can bust some packets.

Hi Sacha, I think you will find that the mass market release will be on sale early January. These Legends sigs are in addition to the mass market release.

Hi Sacha, I think you will find that the mass market release will be on sale early January. These Legends sigs are in addition to the mass market release.

So it looks like gone are the days when we could find an auto or redemption card as a random insert in packs.

Not that basis the opinion of Sacha is not too far off the mark.

Times change....and not always for the better.

I believe you will in the next A League release......from what ive heard.

Time will tell I guess with any a-league future release. But it's a shame that the 2 sports are to be treated differently if that is the case.

But market forces will ultimately determine how successful the auto selling approach is.

Yikes - this conversation has got me worried. I was thinking of trying to arrange a limited run of signature cards for individual sale as an alternative to having "nothing" cricket related. Seems like market forces are saying "go BIG or go home" :D

never been much of fan of the lets just buy every card i need. love thē rush of busting that awesome card from a pack and living the rush of collecting. At least that's what it is about for me. nothing against this set, but i just see it as a limited run made for a quick buck, nothing wrong with that, just not my cup of tea.

hopefully it leads to better things.

So we are still expecting a box type release??? i gathered that this was all dropped.

never been much of fan of the lets just buy every card i need. love thē rush of busting that awesome card from a pack and living the rush of collecting. At least that's what it is about for me. nothing against this set, but i just see it as a limited run made for a quick buck, nothing wrong with that, just not my cup of tea.

hopefully it leads to better things.

So we are still expecting a box type release??? i gathered that this was all dropped.

Yes a box type release is being printed as we speak. 26 packs a box, inserts etc.

Yikes - this conversation has got me worried. I was thinking of trying to arrange a limited run of signature cards for individual sale as an alternative to having "nothing" cricket related. Seems like market forces are saying "go BIG or go home" :D

Maybe nazimcricket, but it will always boil down the following question - how much is a signature worth.

Of course others may also consider where is the money going. If part proceeds are linked to a charitable endeavour people may be less cynical about the exercise.

Is $200+ an appropriate asking price for an exclusive signature card? Maybe, maybe not. Beauty is in the the eye of the beholder.

But for that sort of coin it really needs to be considered from an investment perspective, and on that basis consideration will have to be given as to whether the card will appreciate in value over time. Of course that will depends on how much other merchandise the person has signed.

Maybe we draw a benchmark with the Chris Gayle redemption auto card in the ESP T20 big bash release. That was always the most expensive auto card in that set on eBay, and always listed in the $150 - $200 range. I see that it is currently listed on eBay for $170.

If we ask ourselves how much would I pay for a signed Chris Gayle card, then we might get some idea of what people are willing to pay for an auto card.

The market is based on supply and demand. So if there is a supply then people will buy it, but at what price? That is the tricky bit....the joys of microeconomics :)

But Sacha is right....how do you balance a pure sales experience of buying a specific item, with the joys of busting a pack or box and finding out what you were lucky enough to score (or not!).

Back
Top Bottom