TAB1980’s MASSIVE Random Pack Break (Win Prizes)!

By they way, you guys are more than welcome to challenge me on my comments because at the end of the day, they're only my opinions and i'm interested to hear yours too.

Last edited:
Just with the greening on the chrome cards, I find it really strange that there is never really any greening on the jerseys or backgrounds

This thread is literally a walk down memory lane !! So good !!

I recall one frosty winters morning at the Rocklea Markets in Brisbane where Dad had a stall. This place was a Mecca for loose NBA packets in the mid 90’s (probably all searched but a kid doesn’t know these things). Anyways, 94/95 Skybox, Robinson and Pippen Revolution in the one packet. I think these were one of the major hits for the release, the stall holder offered me $50 on the spot for the GR, so cool !!

20220919_214544.jpg

1993-94 Topps Finest - What a game changing set this was when it came out! The first chrome cards! Great looking set and @Lippo @GarnettFan4Life ... greening straight out of the pack! Either that, or Zo has some pretty funky looking sunscreen or something going on!
Amazing set - shame about the green 😢

20220920_201607.jpg

Off to a great start with a Grant Hill insert with only just 1 pack!

The base cards in this set have that distinctly Fleer look at the time. Similar to the previous year with a different font and much sharper looking colours behind the names. Hard to do this set much justice though with just one pack. The Grant Hill insert design is ok without being anything outstanding.

20220920_202858.jpg

1994-95 Upper Deck SP - Very different set for its time this one with the use of foil, die cuts and holograms which would become fairly iconic for a lot of SP and SPx sets.

I think this set is a little underrated. The only thing i don't really like is the team names at the bottom rather than team logo's... looks a little odd to me.

One thing i'm really enjoying about opening these 90's packs is that it's not all about how much value i'm getting in return. It's nice feeling excited about hitting a cool card like that Hill insert even though it might only be worth a few dollars.

20220920_201607.jpg

Off to a great start with a Grant Hill insert with only just 1 pack!

The base cards in this set have that distinctly Fleer look at the time. Similar to the previous year with a different font and much sharper looking colours behind the names. Hard to do this set much justice though with just one pack. The Grant Hill insert design is ok without being anything outstanding.

Chased this card so hard at the time - it was like Jordan, Penny, Shaq, Kemp and Hill and Kidd - MUST GET THEIR CARDS lol

20220920_204638.jpg

1994-95 Fleer Flair - This was our first introduction to thicker, premium card stock and Fleer did an awesome job with this and all of their Flair sets at the time! Tim Hardaway gets in the pic because i'm a Warriors fan and he was one of my favourite players at the time!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom