TAB1980’s MASSIVE Random Pack Break (Win Prizes)!

What everyone's favourite Shaq rc card?
Congrats on the Shaq. Always nice to get any RC of an all time great.
Would have to go with this as my fav. Always been a Stadium Club fan.
FA98E413-04E3-451D-B0B8-3846F5BD591A.jpeg

20220918_202455.jpg

1992-93 Topps - Not sure why Topps was out of the Basketball game for so long? Maybe it was the junk wax craze/ Shaq hype that brought them back? Anyway, pretty basic design overall and come to think of it, the base design of Topps cards over all the years never really changed all that much (Stadium Club, Finest and others) excluded of course.
Not a huge fan to be honest.

Also my first troll of the break with the "Magic" gold card!

20220918_203738.jpg

1992-93 Skybox - Another Shaq rc! Very different design from Skybox this year, doing away with the shape backgrounds. Not a huge fan of this design but it's not terrible either. The gold panel of the Draft insert is too empty... maybe the team logo in the empty space would look better? Don't remember ever seeing that Robinson insert either.

20220918_202455.jpg

1992-93 Topps - Not sure why Topps was out of the Basketball game for so long? Maybe it was the junk wax craze/ Shaq hype that brought them back? Anyway, pretty basic design overall and come to think of it, the base design of Topps cards over all the years never really changed all that much (Stadium Club, Finest and others) excluded of course.
Not a huge fan to be honest.

Also my first troll of the break with the "Magic" gold card!

I used to love those 50point club cards and still like the Magic All Star trophy one. There’s actually a refractor reprint card of that I’m looking to pickup soon

20220918_203738.jpg

1992-93 Skybox - Another Shaq rc! Very different design from Skybox this year, doing away with the shape backgrounds. Not a huge fan of this design but it's not terrible either. The gold panel of the Draft insert is too empty... maybe the team logo in the empty space would look better? Don't remember ever seeing that Robinson insert either.

havent see that DRob before either!

20220918_205339.jpg

1992-93 Topps Stadium Club - Ahh the classic photography of Topps Stadium Club! Beautiful looking cards. Not sure why Laettner doesn't have the "92 Draft Pick" treatment on his card (he's been following me everywhere in this break by the way). For some reason i thought the Member's Choice cards were 1 per pack but this doesn't seem to be the case. Can anyone help me out here?

And who can forget the game changing, wow factor of the Beam Team cards at the time?

20220918_203738.jpg

Love the look on the faces on the Hornets players in the Shaq photo

Caption: Nah, i ain't gettin in the way of that!

20220918_211321.jpg

20220918_211517.jpg

1992-93 Upper Deck - To save myself going on a massive rant, i'm just going to say this set kicks arse! Love it!!!
Love the MJ In your face card. From memory there was an error card with the wrong years printed. Obviously you have the non error with the correct winning years of 87-88 in the top right corner.
For some reason I’ve always loved that little touch of the ball “breaking glass” in the bottom right corner.

Love the MJ In your face card. From memory there was an error card with the wrong years printed. Obviously you have the non error with the correct winning years of 87-88 in the top right corner.
For some reason I’ve always loved that little touch of the ball “breaking glass” in the bottom right corner.

Yes, there was an error card which made me double check the years on it

Back
Top Bottom