Suspend Selwood and let Headland off, if this is true....

wolvesjr34

Morrow Super Collector
Real Name
AJ
eBay User
wolvesjr34
From fox sports....

AFL investigates Selwood sledge

April 16, 2007 THE AFL will investigate a complaint by Fremantle that midfield player Des Headland had his six-year-old daughter insulted by West Coast's Adam Selwood.

The Dockers lodged a notice of incident with the league today about the alleged sledge, which prompted Headland to attack his opponent during Saturday night's western derby.

Headland was reported for striking Selwood during the third quarter.

The Dockers utility also lunged at Selwood after the game and had to be restrained by a Fremantle runner.

It has been alleged Selwood called Headland's daughter a "slut''.

It has also been alleged Headland told former West Coast player Drew Banfield, now a boundary rider for FOX SPORTS, to inform Selwood he would "kill him'' if he repeated the insult.

The AFL confirmed Fremantle had lodged the complaint and that the league would interview both players.

An AFL spokesman said investigator Bill Kneebone could question anyone he thought would be able to shed light on the incident, which could include umpires, Banfield, the Dockers runner and other players.

The AFL has the power to report Selwood for abusive and insulting language if it believes he overstepped the mark.

The AFL match review panel is currently assessing what sort of penalty to impose on Headland for striking.

It is not clear how long Kneebone's investigation will take.

A Fremantle spokesman refused to discuss the matter other than to confirm the notice of incident had been lodged.

A West Coast spokesman said the Eagles could not discuss the incident because it was subject to an investigation.

Meanwhile, the AFL is today expected to announce a sanction against West Coast's Michael Braun for swearing upon being presented with the Ross Glendinning Medal after the match.

Braun urged his teammates to have a "fu**ing good year'', which was broadcast live on television.

AAP

Frankly..... if Headland gets suspended and Selwood said that.... that's bullshit... you'd almost get way with assault in the real world under such provocation. Whatever suspension Headland gets I want Selwood to get double, that sort of sledge is bullshit.

Providing of course its true. Though I am sure the AFL will find in Selwoods favour cos he's from the Eagles but if it was in reverse.... *shakes head*

i agree aj,if you have to called a guys 6 year daughter a slut,i think you have some serious problems.headland got 6 weeks from memory,and selwood got a 5,000 fine.if headland got 6 weeks,selwood should of got no less the 12 weeks

cheers

Disagree wholeheartedly.

I've heard a lot worse on the footy field. It's not the insult that has turned this into a media circus - it's the reaction of Des Headland..

yea its not the nicest thing to say but come on guys, there would be fights left,right and centre for every nasty thing that was said on the field.

Des got his ass handed to him during the derby and couldnt handle abit of abuse which gets slung around every game i bet

Disagree wholeheartedly.

I've heard a lot worse on the footy field. It's not the insult that has turned this into a media circus - it's the reaction of Des Headland..

yea its not the nicest thing to say but come on guys, there would be fights left,right and centre for every nasty thing that was said on the field.

Des got his ass handed to him during the derby and couldnt handle abit of abuse which gets slung around every game i bet

Sorry but there's abuse and then there is calling a SIX YEAR OLD A SLUT!!!

It's morally disgraceful and wrong... and implies a lot of bad stuff... I am nto sayign Headland shoul dhave reacted that way but if I was headland I would have knocked selwood out.... Selwood got of lightly and its only cos he's an Eagle player frankly HE brought the game into disrepute.

come on wolves sounds like ur pretty full on AGAINST the eagles, u make it sound like the AFL looks after the eagles

i dont agree with what selwood said and thing it is disgusting but i think this sort of language happens alot more than what we thin and its only because des headland had a sook and cry about it and made a complaint that now the public are aware of it

hey webber mad,not sure of ya name,but if you had a 6 year old daughter,or a niece(which i have),what would you do if someone called them a slut?and there is a lot of abuse/slege going on i know,but surely he could of said something else?

just my 2c

cheers

I'm not full on against the eagles, in fact I was a huge admirer of Selwood... not any more.

and I think the AFL protects the powerhouse clubs.... whoever they be in any given era of the game....

$5000 fine if thats true is not good enough didn't hird get $20000 for dissing the umpires? DOn't you see how BAD an image that presents?

I think nothing should happen to selwood, my reasons below. BUT I think the league will fine or suspend him due to the public outcry and reaction to the situation.

The reason I think nothing should happen to Selwood (and I don't agree with it!) is that the AFL cannot draw a line into what can/cannot be said on the field. If the tribunal declares(by suspending or fining) that what he said was wrong, how can they make the judgement on what is appropriate/inappropriate to be said. Is a Yo Momma comment ok? What if he said he was ugly and he took offence to it?

I completely am shocked and disgusted if it's true - would we accept it if it was a tattoo of his wife?

The 7 news just reported he can only be reported/suspended/fined for obscene language as it does not fall under the leagues vilification rules/laws.

I'd just charge him with bringing the game into disrepute if it is proved he said it.

And Billy I think if the description provided is true its not so much what he said initially... its that he went to reiterate it after he found out it was of Headland's daughter.

they also showed an interview with worsfold and the weagles are in great denial of it, they said something that it is believed Selwood said that he had slept with someone who looked like the tatt, not knowing it was headlands 6 year old daughter

Hey boyz I'm a docker fan as you probably know...my thoughts...

Headland is a crab for taking the bait, words are words...sick or not, it was just an insult...Headland should be able to control himself..

Selwood is a wanker for saying what he did, the best thing would have been a hip and shoulder from hell from Desie and that's it

From fox sports....

AFL investigates Selwood sledge

It has been alleged Selwood called Headland's daughter a "slut''.

THE FACT IS PEOPLE - HE DIDN'Y SAY THAT !

All this talk is presuming him GUILTY !!!

What about innocent until PROVEN GUILTY !!!

This from www.footygoss.com.au
The West Coast Eagles have released a statement strongly denying the reported lewd comments by midfielder Adam Selwood during Saturday night’s game against Fremantle.

Selwood will face the AFL Tribunal tomorrow night in relation to the alleged comments directed at Fremantle’s Des Headland.

The case will be a tough one for the tribunal with a number of suggestions about potential defamation action if Selwood is found not guilty.

they also showed an interview with worsfold and the weagles are in great denial of it, they said something that it is believed Selwood said that he had slept with someone who looked like the tatt, not knowing it was headlands 6 year old daughter

EXACTLY ! Not the same thing as calling his daughter a sl*t !!!

Hey boyz I'm a docker fan as you probably know...my thoughts...

Headland is a crab for taking the bait, words are words...sick or not, it was just an insult...Headland should be able to control himself..

Selwood is a wanker for saying what he did, the best thing would have been a hip and shoulder from hell from Desie and that's it

Yeah we knew you last year when they were winning :lol:
Haven't heard much from you this year (tic)(lol)

As for Selwood ! yeah nice call, you call him a w*nker and you don't even know what he said !
Nice work ! and Nice language !

I'm not full on against the eagles, in fact I was a huge admirer of Selwood... not any more.

You jumped off a player because another player claims he said something?

I reckon Headland was touched up during the game, found something to deflect attention from his form and has run with it. I notice Selwood is appearing at the tribunal in person, but Headland is not.

Courage of your convictions. I hope Selwood gets off and sues Headland's deranged father for calling him a paedophile.

You jumped off a player because another player claims he said something?

I reckon Headland was touched up during the game, found something to deflect attention from his form and has run with it. I notice Selwood is appearing at the tribunal in person, but Headland is not.

Courage of your convictions. I hope Selwood gets off and sues Headland's deranged father for calling him a paedophile.

Well i would sue headlands father too.... thats bull dust

but i am someone that judges based on what i see and headland has been known to be a hot head but to that extreme? I'm sorry but that would have been something really bad.... I will call headland out for being a moron if its proved selwood didn't say anything that outrageous.... but i can only follow my gut feeling....

I've heard worse on the field.

Dessie Headland has to learn that people say stuff and at times its down right disgusting and offensive, especially when its about family members.

Selwood probably said the wrong thing, but its happened millions of times before, and will again. However if Selwood is suspended, fined, whatever, it will open the floodgates for future incidents.

What Selwood said is disgusting, and anyone who is NOT a parent saying "oh its just talk" take a long hard look at yourself, imaging you have a 6yo daughter then put your self in Headland's place...Suspend Selwood for the same length of whatever Headland gets

Back
Top Bottom