Suggestions on '90's and 07/08 boxes

AidansCards

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Aidan
eBay User
aidanscards
G'day all,

Looking to get some sweet 90's boxes but, to be honest, I know NOTHING about them. Other then the more expensive, the better (probably).

Really looking to get sets of the year I was born too (1990), so any suggestions on that would be great.

I don't want a massive 500-card base set, but would like to get mix of some nice inserts and a ~200 common set. Refractors and base holos are always nice ;).

07/08 was a relatively memorable time in my life so I'm also looking to get some nice sets from then. Any suggestions appreciated.

Price doesn't matter. Just means the more expensive it is, the less I get.

Cheers guys and gals.

Hey Aidan,

If you're talking 1990, I doubt you'll get anything BUT base. Refractors were introduced in 93-94's Topps Finest.

Are you just after the experience of busting something from the 90's, or do you want something specific (you mentioned the refractors, and holos, and 07-08). What about players? If you've got a pool of players you're keen on busting from a pack, that might also help you make a choice.

1990 specifically doesn't really matter (insert-wise), I would be just collecting that because of my birth year. Probably won't even be opening most boxes (unless they're cheap enough :p).
90's players I like all the big names; Jordan, Shaq, Kobe, Pippen etc. etc., I'm not really team specific. But to be honest I really just want to bust some fun 90's boxes. I've got a 95-96 Fleer Tower of Power Shaq card sitting in front of me and it made me realise how much I like the 90's cards (for both nostalgic and aesthetic reasons).

I agree, avoid any Pre-93 boxes as all you'll get is base, and plenty of it. I'm with you, the mid-late 90s inserts are dope. Go 96-97 if you want to hit a Kobe RC. The skybox premium of that year look pretty nice.

I agree, avoid any Pre-93 boxes as all you'll get is base, and plenty of it. I'm with you, the mid-late 90s inserts are dope. Go 96-97 if you want to hit a Kobe RC. The skybox premium of that year look pretty nice.

I think I will mate. Any idea on specific boxes?
Quick search on DA:
1996/97 Skybox Metal Series 2 Basketball Hobby Box
1997 Upper Deck SPx Basketball Hobby Box
1996/97 Skybox Z-Force Series 1 Basketball Retail Box
1996/97 Upper Deck UD3 Basketball Hobby Box

07/08 SP Game Used was a pretty good product i reckon. And 07/08 Fleer Ultra. Make sure you buy hobby boxes though.

Back
Top Bottom