Stewart Dew?

Magicman

Banned User
Real Name
Kyle Redenbach
eBay User
hotshot1717
Last time i heard this guy was well over 100kg, i think the Hawks have taken a huge gamble here.... at 28 years of age and fighting weight problems, will take a huge effort to return to the top flight of AFL footy.

God luck Stew.

Last time i heard this guy was well over 100kg, i think the Hawks have taken a huge gamble here.... at 28 years of age and fighting weight problems, will take a huge effort to return to the top flight of AFL footy.

God luck Stew.

Stuart Dew was always a big fella, probably played at about 90kgs.

Very good player in his day, hopefully he can bring a bit of crumbing and long kicking to the Hawks forward line, but I doubt he will play much.

I've seen a lot of Dewy play and he has always had weight issues. When he was at Port Roger James and Stuart Dew would always be training together because they both had weight problems. As soon as Rog retired, thats when Dewy really stacked it on.

He is worth the gamble because at least he is at a decent enough age that if it proves sucessful you'll get 3-4 years out of him. I personally think he isn't gonna cut it though. Having a bloke he knows at the club (Damien Hardwick) might help a bit. Will follow him with interest though.

I'm looking forward to see how they go - so far this lot haven't recruited too badly.... so I think they have a good idea what is gonna happen! IF he can get fit.... I would almost peg him for a 1st round game - simply as a veteran presance while Crawf and Hodge are out. After that though, it will all be on to performance.

Clarkson was also an asistant at Port....so they must be confident that they can get him to do the work.

Yeah I almost forgot about that to be honest. Might not be quick enough to play a back flankers roll nowadays. Could be turned into a half forward flanker, forward pocket. His booming kick would be wasted in a forward pocket though.

Clarkson was also an asistant at Port....so they must be confident that they can get him to do the work.

He also played under Clarkson when he was coach of SANFL side Central Districts so they go back a long way

I reckon he will take the kick ins when the opposition scores a point. He had that role in his early days at Port Adelaide. His booming kick would be handy in clearing any zone defence.

Back
Top Bottom