Panini Blog Star Power: Panini America’s Exclusive Chat with Dallas Cowboys Legend Tony Dorsett

Panini Blog

Panini Blog
Real Name
Panini
dorsett-main.jpg

As a kid growing up in the Dallas area during the 1970s, I had a front-row seat to the Cowboys’ dynastic rise to “America’s Team” status. As a result, I always envisioned Tony Dorsett to be way more than just one of the greatest running backs of his or any other generation. In my mind, he was a mythological masterpiece; an impeccable blend of speed, grace and toughness whose image appeared on one of my favorite childhood T-shirts and, occasionally, in my football dreams.

During a ridiculously successful 13-month span from December of 1976 to January of 1978, Dorsett earned the Heisman Trophy and a National Championship with the University of Pittsburgh, went second overall in the NFL Draft, claimed NFL Rookie of the Year honors and won a Super Bowl. All he did after that was become one of the immortals.

Dorsett spent 12 seasons in the NFL (all but the last one with Dallas), finishing with 12,739 yards rushing and 92 total touchdowns, including an NFL-record 99-yard dash on a memorable 1983 Monday night game in Minnesota. Dorsett was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1994 and still ranks eight all-time in career rushing yards.

Naturally, Dorsett — a national treasure himself — is a no-brainer for inclusion in 2012 National Treasures Football, which releases to the world tomorrow. Late last year, we had the distinct pleasure to sit down for an extended and exclusive interview with the Cowboys legend. It easily ranks as one of my favorite all-time interviews and over the course of the next two videos, you’ll see exactly why.

Enjoy.

Here’s Part 1:

Here’s Part 2:

b.gif

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom