Spectra rare SP's???

ekalb

Raider Nation!!
Real Name
Shannan
eBay User
ekalbnz
In case anyone that is not aware, it appears Spectra may have some unnumbered SP's similar to the Crown non-diecuts last year. These look like the base but are slightly embossed with colouring in the background.

This is the Pryor Green I picked up in a case break:

Panini have not confirmed these are SP, but these don't seem to be overly common at all and could be very easily overlooked as just base. From the four 1/2 case breaks and numerous box breaks I have been in of this stuff, I have managed the above Pryor green and a Denarius Moore pink/redish.

Just a heads up in case these are SP and not many people seem to realise there are these variations.

Last edited:
I will add, it looks like COMC is not aware of these variations either. I donated the Pryor to save the $1 processing before seeing about these on BO but managed to buy it back thanks to help from a guy on BO (so much for them being "donated to charity" :rolleyes:) for $1.25.

Have you noticed if they have been the same player? I have done a bit of a search on ebay and have not picked up seeing more than one of each player.

Can't say for sure, seem to recall the pink I may have coming might be a Bailey...but would have to confirm when it arrived...

I wish companies wouldn't keep these random insert / parallels as "top secret". Panini took their time last year in regards to those crown un-cut and a lot of people just thought they were error cards for quite a while.

They all need to lift their game in that regard, and also in supplying info like checklists etc as well. It's their business so you'd think they'd want to have people talking about their products as much as possible!

Yes they do. Supply checklists would be a great help and all companies are shocking at this. With Spectra again, another issue is which of the HOF autos exactly are in Spectra? I know now it's not the full list as some are going to be added to other sets. And Panini still have not released the SP numbers for Contenders this year either.

Back
Top Bottom