Soudnwaveeeeeeeeeee

oh trust me man, I know plenty about metal, which is exactly why I remarked that the comments he made on stage were stupid. In Tom Araya's words....

"If someone goes down, you help em out alright? If you knock someone over, pick em up"

Its mosh pit etiquette - something the new breed of metal seems to lack (wall of death is testament to that). Bruce Dickinson is the same. Axl Rose has stopped a show because people in the front row were getting crushed. Everyone wants to have a good time, and no-one wants to get hurt, so why deliberately hurt people? Its painful enough in the pit without people trying to hurt you.

Ive been in Slayer pits, Megadeth, GWAR, plenty of local shows, and even a Pantera pit back in the day. I know all about mosh pits. Ive picked plenty of people back up to their feet. I've also knocked alot of people down, but never on purpose, and always pick them straight back up again. We're all there to have fun.

Dont tell me I know nothing about the genre - Ive had metal flowing through my veins for nearly 20 years now. Ive actually seen Devildriver twice now - I dont like them, and I dont know alot of "real" metalheads that do like them.

oh trust me man, I know plenty about metal, which is exactly why I remarked that the comments he made on stage were stupid. In Tom Araya's words....

"If someone goes down, you help em out alright? If you knock someone over, pick em up"

Its mosh pit etiquette - something the new breed of metal seems to lack (wall of death is testament to that). Bruce Dickinson is the same. Axl Rose has stopped a show because people in the front row were getting crushed. Everyone wants to have a good time, and no-one wants to get hurt, so why deliberately hurt people? Its painful enough in the pit without people trying to hurt you.

Ive been in Slayer pits, Megadeth, GWAR, plenty of local shows, and even a Pantera pit back in the day. I know all about mosh pits. Ive picked plenty of people back up to their feet. I've also knocked alot of people down, but never on purpose, and always pick them straight back up again. We're all there to have fun.

Dont tell me I know nothing about the genre - Ive had metal flowing through my veins for nearly 20 years now. Ive actually seen Devildriver twice now - I dont like them, and I dont know alot of "real" metalheads that do like them.

is this a competition or something? Ive seen plenty of metal shows aswell.. seen devildriver 4 times now... twice at 2 gigantours and obviously at 2 soundwaves.. I dont need to list all of the bands I have gone too cus that would be pathetic.. I dont need to prove a point here. I understand the moshpit fiasco and I understand and do frown upon bands making statements to purposely hurt people around them... but dez didnt do that.. he said that everyone that wants to not join in to move to the back... he said dont do no stupid kickboxing **** and all that. so by saying that I like devildriver means that I dont know metal? lol... I hate these bull**** games people play on here

I totally disagree although we saw different shows, but I couldnt imagine Slash being bad. Myles has one of those love or hate voices, and I totally love it. I think he is a brilliant vocalist, and actually almost as good as Axl. I seriously dont think that I have ever heard a person in the entire world that could sing those classic Gunners tracks better than Myles, aside from Axl of course. Ive been a Guns fan for almost as long as I have been a music fan. They are what lead me into the world of heavy metal - my bridging band so to speak. I have over 60 GNR CD's, most of which are bootlegs, various solo albums from all the band members, singles and of course the albums. Anyone that knows me knows I bleed GNR. I was truly in a state of ecstasy (totally drug and alcohol free mind you).

I can certainly understand that dude. The thing I didn't like about Myles is that he was trying to sound like Axel, not himself. But anyway, the sound quality from where we were standing was awful so that put me off straight away. No disrespect to Slash, the guy is a genius!

---------- Post added 10-03-2011 at 08:31 AM ----------

I have one up on your though - Run To The Hills was played last time they came

AAAARGH!!! The crowd were screaming for it in the encore :(

i saw guns n roses in sydney last year without slash and they were still amazing the fill in there is really good no slash but still great i think guns and roses have dont ok without slash

was gonna go just for maiden but went to the side show instead, all i have to say is FEAR OF THE DARK!

is this a competition or something? Ive seen plenty of metal shows aswell.. seen devildriver 4 times now... twice at 2 gigantours and obviously at 2 soundwaves.. I dont need to list all of the bands I have gone too cus that would be pathetic.. I dont need to prove a point here. I understand the moshpit fiasco and I understand and do frown upon bands making statements to purposely hurt people around them... but dez didnt do that.. he said that everyone that wants to not join in to move to the back... he said dont do no stupid kickboxing **** and all that. so by saying that I like devildriver means that I dont know metal? lol... I hate these bull**** games people play on here

It became a "competition" when you accused me of knowing nothing about metal; something I have lived and breathed for 2/3's of my life.

how can so many people not know bands like devildriver, primus, ill nino and more other popular bands that have been mentioned in here? these were all big attention drawers for the day... the dez fafara remark at the top about him being a dickhead (the lead singer for devildriver) is an absolute joke! he is a god... and has been one of the most talented metal vocalists for over the past decade from when he started in coal chamber.. comments like that really dissapoints me as a metal fan! if you don't know nothing about the genre you should say nothing instead of making a dick out of yourself.
sorry for not knowing a lot of these bands but i am of the age that i was actually listening to number of the beast and ride the lightning when they were first released. can't help not being young.

Couldn't make it, sounds like it was a great day. Hopefully corey and joey go home raving about it and this is my tip "Slipknot To Headline Soundwave 2012" alongside "System of a down" after such success from their scheduled 2011 european dates... Ecstasy

I went to see Monster Magnet, Primus, Slayer, Zombie and the Melvins.

I really enjoyed them all. Rob Zombie was the highlight, I was blown away by that performance. Finally someone who uses video to actually enhance a show.

Off to the Melbourne one again next year aswell should be awesome.

soundwave out
Soundwave.jpg

Back
Top Bottom