Some Jordans and bits for sale or trade

I'd be interested in the Jordan Warp Speed, Quick Strike and Fleer Total O.

I am looking to move an MJ card myself on ebay currently :)

Do you follow up those "sales" to make sure they're legit?
The info on the site reflects what's provided by eBay themselves (I use their AIP). I personally do check bids etc on sales to find shill bids before I consider buying anything, but it's not always an exact science. Each person should make sure they are happy with a price before selling/buying. The sales displayed though are all completed sales as reported by eBay. The difference is that the Best Offer Accepted Price on my page is the real sale value and not the listed price as eBay shows (the like to make them look more expensive...) If the buyer pays etc is impossible to know unfortunately as this is not shown by eBay due to the private nature of that component of the sale.

The info on the site reflects what's provided by eBay themselves (I use their AIP). I personally do check bids etc on sales to find shill bids before I consider buying anything, but it's not always an exact science. Each person should make sure they are happy with a price before selling/buying. The sales displayed though are all completed sales as reported by eBay. The difference is that the Best Offer Accepted Price on my page is the real sale value and not the listed price as eBay shows (the like to make them look more expensive...) If the buyer pays etc is impossible to know unfortunately as this is not shown by eBay due to the private nature of that component of the sale.

Right. This is eerily similar to the huperoyalty site from hobbykings years ago.
I'm sure your site has the best intentions, but these guys would report any Jordan sale and amazingly so many records were broken. Turns out they were just hyping and pumping them and their friends high end MJ's.
Again, I'm not saying you're doing that at all, but this information can be wildly misleading to people in the hobby. If there was a way to show that the sale was actually paid for it would give a lot more credibility rather than just showing an ebay sale.

I mean, someone just "paid" $2.5k for a 97 Metal Universe base Jordan.

Right. This is eerily similar to the huperoyalty site from hobbykings years ago.
I'm sure your site has the best intentions, but these guys would report any Jordan sale and amazingly so many records were broken. Turns out they were just hyping and pumping them and their friends high end MJ's.
Again, I'm not saying you're doing that at all, but this information can be wildly misleading to people in the hobby. If there was a way to show that the sale was actually paid for it would give a lot more credibility rather than just showing an ebay sale.

I mean, someone just "paid" $2.5k for a 97 Metal Universe base Jordan.
Unfortunately that isn't possible unless you can find a way to hack eBay's servers and steal the payment information. eBay don't and never will provide that sensitive information to anyone.

Like anything in life, the buyer needs to research the sales history, work out what they are comfortable paying and stick to it. If you know the current market may be inflated then take that into account. I don't want to dilute or taint the information being presented by eBay based on my opinion of its legitimacy. I just make sure the most correct information is available so people can make the judgement call themselves based on what they are happy with. Who knows, someone may have legitimately paid 2.5k for that card. It's very hard to prove they didn't without actually working at eBay and having access to the raw data.

wow nice Jordan stash! that's like finding a gold nugget on the backyard. Best to wait for the Jordan's " The last dance" episode on April 19 and then put those bad boys for sale you will make a killing.

Unfortunately that isn't possible unless you can find a way to hack eBay's servers and steal the payment information. eBay don't and never will provide that sensitive information to anyone.

Like anything in life, the buyer needs to research the sales history, work out what they are comfortable paying and stick to it. If you know the current market may be inflated then take that into account. I don't want to dilute or taint the information being presented by eBay based on my opinion of its legitimacy. I just make sure the most correct information is available so people can make the judgement call themselves based on what they are happy with. Who knows, someone may have legitimately paid 2.5k for that card. It's very hard to prove they didn't without actually working at eBay and having access to the raw data.

Actually there's quite a bit more you can do if you want your data to be taken seriously. Especially in times like these where manipulation is again rife, we've seen this before.

You can email the seller to ask if the record sale was legit. If they're a scummy kind of guy they'll of course say it is even if not. You can see what they bid on, or if they have bid retractions. There are some excellent Detectives around that find out a lot with a tiny bit of effort.

I just think if you're gonna be posting ebays data and just telling people to do their own due diligance your collection of data holds very little credibility.

Actually there's quite a bit more you can do if you want your data to be taken seriously. Especially in times like these where manipulation is again rife, we've seen this before.

You can email the seller to ask if the record sale was legit. If they're a scummy kind of guy they'll of course say it is even if not. You can see what they bid on, or if they have bid retractions. There are some excellent Detectives around that find out a lot with a tiny bit of effort.

I just think if you're gonna be posting ebays data and just telling people to do their own due diligance your collection of data holds very little credibility.
i dont see the point of a site like 130pt since all the info they use is right there on e-bay's 'completed/sold' lists...or am i missing something?

• Haha
Reactions: DJW
i dont see the point of a site like 130pt since all the info they use is right there on e-bay's 'completed/sold' lists...or am i missing something?

As with all things, people can use whatever tool they feel works best for them. There are a couple reasons why I built the site, and why I personally feel it's better to use than eBay directly (purely my own opinion though). Firstly is it actually shows you the best offer accepted price. eBay no longer display this directly on their page/app so you have to get it via their API which is only open to approved developers. To get access you have to go through an application process. This price is even more important now when people list a card for $10k but sell for $2k. eBay reports it as 10k but with a line through it and doesn't show the $2k sale at all unless you pay $20 a month for access to their Terapeak service. Hence why they don't want to show it as they'd prefer to get morre $ from you...

Also the results are listed in chronological order and sold items only by default. eBay's default is items for sale, sorted by relevance and you have to manually adjust the filters each search. Also things like the number of bids or sales method aren't clearly shown.

But 130 point is just one tool, and there are many others around of course!

As with all things, people can use whatever tool they feel works best for them. There are a couple reasons why I built the site, and why I personally feel it's better to use than eBay directly (purely my own opinion though). Firstly is it actually shows you the best offer accepted price. eBay no longer display this directly on their page/app so you have to get it via their API which is only open to approved developers. To get access you have to go through an application process. This price is even more important now when people list a card for $10k but sell for $2k. eBay reports it as 10k but with a line through it and doesn't show the $2k sale at all unless you pay $20 a month for access to their Terapeak service. Hence why they don't want to show it as they'd prefer to get morre $ from you...

Also the results are listed in chronological order and sold items only by default. eBay's default is items for sale, sorted by relevance and you have to manually adjust the filters each search. Also things like the number of bids or sales method aren't clearly shown.

But 130 point is just one tool, and there are many others around of course!

130point is amazing. use it everyday. thanks

That is some collection. I would suggest though you sell it in country if you can. Provide tracking as a must and photo evidence you have sent it out.
Like Paul said, that is a huge down payment on a house. I am impressed!
Good luck in selling those great cards, wish i could afford one! :)

That is some collection. I would suggest though you sell it in country if you can. Provide tracking as a must and photo evidence you have sent it out.
Like Paul said, that is a huge down payment on a house. I am impressed!
Good luck in selling those great cards, wish i could afford one! :)
Or in some parts of Tasmania you can buy a house with what you could sell those cards for.

Good lord, I couldn't afford any of them.
But even poor eyes can appreciate those beauties for free!! What an amazing collection. Do your research on prices and make sure you protect yourself when selling.
Thanks for posting these awesome cards.

'email sellers to ask if record sales were legit' yeah, let's waste a million hours we don't have. Paramount stupidity.

For the reasons Laine pointed out about having paid access to Ebays Terapeak service the data is VERY credible. Ofcourse with anything there is variables like non-paying winners and people attempting to inflate cards they own a lot of ie: Gary Vee.
But in mine and hundreds of other collectors opinions, Laines 130Point price finder has been invaluable to them in buying and selling their cards at the market value. If you don't like it then don't use it and stick with your beckett or divine intuition to come up with prices.

VERY SORRY to the post originator for sidetracking this thread. You have friggin amazing cards and you pulled them out at the right time as Jordan cards are soaring through the stratosphere right now. As has been already mentioned, you're sitting on a veritable GOLD MINE!
Grading companies have all but shut their doors at the moment due to the latest china virus, but i highly recommend waiting it out till they reopen and grading any that you think may grade high. It will only exponentially increase your values.

Good Luck buddy!

After looking a second time, you have some amazing inserts in there and a lot of them look to be in superb condition.

Tread slowly and carefully as there is a thousand snakes in this hobby that will want to pay you the lowest possible price and either grade it or flip it straight away for as much profit as possible. If you don't need to sell quickly, that is a huge bonus in your favor.

There are genuine collectors out there that will pay overs just to get the cards into their collections, that's who you need to find.

'email sellers to ask if record sales were legit' yeah, let's waste a million hours we don't have. Paramount stupidity.

For the reasons Laine pointed out about having paid access to Ebays Terapeak service the data is VERY credible. Ofcourse with anything there is variables like non-paying winners and people attempting to inflate cards they own a lot of ie: Gary Vee.
But in mine and hundreds of other collectors opinions, Laines 130Point price finder has been invaluable to them in buying and selling their cards at the market value. If you don't like it then don't use it and stick with your beckett or divine intuition to come up with prices.

VERY SORRY to the post originator for sidetracking this thread. You have friggin amazing cards and you pulled them out at the right time as Jordan cards are soaring through the stratosphere right now. As has been already mentioned, you're sitting on a veritable GOLD MINE!
Grading companies have all but shut their doors at the moment due to the latest china virus, but i highly recommend waiting it out till they reopen and grading any that you think may grade high. It will only exponentially increase your values.

Good Luck buddy!
All good points. And I'm sure it is valuable when we're talking consistent card sales.

You go and buy the 97 Metal MJ for $2500 then because ebay said it sold for that price.

There is a lot more data you can collect was my point. And it's been done before.

Back
Top Bottom