Socceroos beaten by Iraq 3-1

Allstar cards inc

"Got one more than Shaq!"
Real Name
Marcus
eBay User
allstar_cards_inc
Well the Asian Cup just got a whole lot more emabarrassing....beaten by the war-torn Iraqis 3-1.

Was the World Cup a massive fluke...was Guus Hiddink a massive genius....do we have a massive World Cup hangover??

So many questions...:blink:

Arnold has never been or will ever be the coach the Socceroos need. I assume there was a full compliment of players available for this matchup and should have been good victory...

For my mind, Arnold just doesn't seem to have right knowledge or experience to keep them at a competitive international level. Someone else with the right know how should be employed to bring the best out of the boys.

Well the Asian Cup just got a whole lot more emabarrassing....beaten by the war-torn Iraqis 3-1.

Was the World Cup a massive fluke...was Guus Hiddink a massive genius....do we have a massive World Cup hangover??

So many questions...:blink:

Gus actually brought 3 national sides to crack in worldcup every time in past 12 years, Holland, Korea and Australia, next time Russia.. so he is a genius coach for sure..

Well, if it's Iran, I wouldn't say much, but Iraq is pretty darn bad :(

The Socceroos needed far better preparation for the climate over there, they were completely gassed out after 20 minutes in the first game, I can only guess that they were still fatigued badly for this match. Also seemed that their defense was back to the typical pre-Gus australian style of "let the opposition do as they wish in the penalty area" style. Very difficult to win matches when you can't defend against simple chances.

I guess there is still a slender hope of them getting through the group in second place with a big result against Thailand.....but that doesn't look like it is going to happen the way they are playing.

Yeah, 2 horrible games on the trot, especially defensively... Kisnorbo should've been sacked long ago, Wilkshire too! I really can't see what Arnold sees in either of them! Overall the team has looked disjointed, with no apparent plan, a BIIIIIIIIIG step down from life under Hiddink. But the thing that really has me annoyed the last 2 games is the pathetic grass-rolling from our opponents! What is it about Middle Eastern teams??? It's like a football pitch is the most grass they've seen in 1 place, so they get an uncontrolable urge to roll around in the clover when the game's started! I was thinking Asia wouldn't have that kind of stuff, I guess I was wrong...

Back
Top Bottom