Skybox NBA journals 95-96

Intergaze

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Les
eBay User
Does anybody remember these I can’t find them anywhere, I was wondering if anyone can help with the value, I remember they came in the card packets for skybox premium.
9620AE68-5BE5-4D5F-A4B9-70D617B8DAE3.jpeg
ACB3CC7D-C835-4FBC-8037-0AA8BBCBBE2B.jpeg

I certainly remember them.

There may be some marginal value especially to US or European collectors as I believe they were a Australia/NZ specific thing but don’t think it would be high.

Being exclusive to AUS and NZ does this mean there is no actual Beckett value because Beckett is US prices? I’m not sure how this works, I can’t compare to eBay prices because there are none on eBay, has anybody ever sold or traded any before?

Been a long time since I have used Beckett but their lists are by no means complete. I am not sure if this is still true but they never used to list promotional material which this may fall under in their ideas.

It will be interesting to see what value people would be willing to pay for them.

To me I see them interesting two main types of collector:

1) Master set builders — folks who want every single card from a set/series so all base, errors, variations, promos etc

2) Player collectors (and more specifically super collectors) — folks who PC a particular player and already have a large proportion of their cards so are looking for the more unusual/oddball stuff. I PC Hakeem but have such a small proportion of his cards I would be a long way from worrying about these if they mentioned him. now, say if I already had 2000+ cards and found new ones hard to come by then this would probably be interesting.

You may find guys who fit the above two categories more prevalent in the US given these booklets were not distributed in their.

Would be intriguing to see what interest there is.

I think this is along the lines of collecting the checklist cards from mid 90 sets. I think you are only looking at set collectors here, the kind who even have all the wrapper variations.

In terms of Beckett, it has its purpose in the hobby but they are by no means accurate when it comes to pricing cards that are "hot". They are also incomplete when it comes to pricing for promos, oddball releases. And it depends on which version of beckett pricing you got:

- online - pricing of everything they have
- annual - as much pricing as they can fit in a phone book
- monthly - as much pricing as they can fit on 168 pages, many sets are missing nowadays

I’ve got the full set of them. And the full set of sky box.
got them out of my parents wardrobe all still in sleeves.
where would I find value ? I’ve got lots of different set of cards.

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom