Signature Tazos

adz2332

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Adam
Im looking at getting a few sig tazos from a few years. (Port Power ones)

Does anyone have any? As im just wondering what the sigs are like on them. Like does the shinny surface make the sigs a bit crappy? Like marks misses smudges etc?

Im also thinking even if the sig isnt perfect they dont come up all that often, i may just have to bit the bullet and get it any way??

And also can any one confirm or know where i can find out what players and what years the sig ones were avaliable. So i know how many Power ones i am chasing. (As ive only ever seen tredrea and K cornes)

Thanks!

Mine are NRL but they are the same in regards to the answer you are seeking. The 2006 ones are not really well thought out. The Gold Auto is found often really scratched or the signature has begun to rub off. I have seen scans of alot from 2006 and all look horrible. In an unbias way, my Johns is about as good as you can get (still not perfect)
The 2007 ones are better, I have 2 from this set, the one i have scanned is a perfect bright signature but i have seen some that have faded abit. I personally think signature tazos are way underpriced for how scarce they are, around $100ea is an absolute bargain imo.
SignatureTazos.jpg

Thanks mate.
Yer the tredrea im looking at has 1 small scratch on the w but apart from that looks good.
But yer i think its hard to find anything perfect...
Shame there not numbered and no real knowlage of how many are around

I emailed Smiths a while ago and the lady said the guy in charge of Tazos was no longer around but she responded around 10 each player. I think lots were swiped by employees and chances of pulling them from packs was next to zero. They were sold to unnamed dealers, judging from past listings i have a pretty good idea where alot of the AFL ones went :lol:

your right about kornes and tredrea, but peter burgoyne had a sig. in 2007 as well, and it was the kornes brothers in 2006. every common tazo has a signature version. i have heard that almost none of them made it into chips packets, and it's interesting that of all the ones i have seen for sale, they are all SA dealers (where the smith's factory is). the best place i have found to check on what players are available (for any card set at all) is this site:

Australian Rules Football Cards

it is pretty much a comprehensive list of every card ever made, and some other footy collectables as well. if you have any questions, fire the bloke an email as i have found he is only too happy to help out.

no probs buddy, hope it helped. i found another sig. tazo i need for my collection as i was looking this up as well!

Back
Top Bottom