East Fremantle Football Club for life
Real Name
Jesse
eBay User
jessedartno9
COMC User
GoWizards
Hey everyone,

For my first box break I was thinking Court Kings. The reason being is that I love the design and I have a few cards from the set already so would like to add to it. So should I buy a box or instead just buy singles off COMC? Thoughts/ where to buy the box would be great.

This years rookie class is considerably better than last year, but hey each to their own. :)

Interested as to why you think last years class wasn't as good (I challenge you to not involve Anthony Bennett) I can understand your point but for me I was a rookie of NBA card collecting and 2013-14 were the newest cards available so for me I decided to focus on three rookies mainly. I eventually decided on Cody Zeller, Nerlens Noel and Nate Wolters).

I thought court kings was a cool product, but depends on what your after. If you just want a couple of players then you would have better luck buying singles, but if you just want a buzz and a chance at something big then go a box, but just remember some boxes are pretty lousy!

There's not any question as to the difference between the rookie classes. Last years was generally accepted to be the worst in a while. This years is considered to be among the best in a long while, before they've even played a game. Much deeper and far more talent across the board. there are a number of players in this years draft that last years ROY couldn't hold a candle to. If you'd like an example in the card collecting world, just look at the prices some of the Hoops cards are going for and you'll see the difference straight away.

Either way, court kings is a quality product at a great price with a genuine chance to land some very nice cards, but it depends what you want to do with them. If you want to keep most of what you bust and just get some nice looking cards, bust court kings. If you want to bust a box and sell the cards, you'd have a better chance at making more money from Hoops. If you're looking to add to your own collection, buy some singles

I reckon go for it.

Nothing better than busting a box or 2 to start your collection of that set, you may hit a big name. Plus Court Kings is nicely priced.

Hey guys, thanks for all the advice. Will look to buy around Christmas when I have more funds avaliable, or if some kind of chance game pays off for my family, will maybe bust earlier. But if anyone can find me a great price lmk. (and drobfan8, I like that idea but would you wait a couple of months?)

9 times out of 10 you are better off buying singles.

most boxes you lose money on or hit cards/players that you dont collect.
but every now and then.

if this is your first box though, i would go something with more packs in it. one pack is over before it begun.

select - heaps of packs and plenty of refractors, inserts and a couple autos , GU
check out the latest case break in the breaks section. niiice

Interested as to why you think last years class wasn't as good (I challenge you to not involve Anthony Bennett) I can understand your point but for me I was a rookie of NBA card collecting and 2013-14 were the newest cards available so for me I decided to focus on three rookies mainly. I eventually decided on Cody Zeller, Nerlens Noel and Nate Wolters).

If I'm not mentioning Fatso Bennett, I think it's a pretty fair assessment that this rookie class was full of role players and heat checkers off the bench. There's nothing wrong with that, just no superstar talent. I see MCW as having Tyreke Evans-esque star power and Oladipo may make 2-3 all star teams over his career. Nerlens Noel has the biggest up side and he's still yet to play in an official game (projected Ben Wallace career). No solid all stars, no franchise players.

The 14-15 draft class is widely considered the best since "the class of Lebron". If Wiggins pans out, I think his career trajectory will follow the stardom of Tracy McGrady, and Parker should end up like Paul Pierce. Note: in no way am I talking about statistics, purely the ceiling they have. Aaron Gordon has comparisons to his ceiling being that of Shawn Kemp, who is a perfect fit with Elfrid Payton. Randle should have a ceiling like Lamar Odom I believe and Smart is the C's PG of the future. I'd be shocked if smart didn't make 4 or 5 All Defensive teams when his career is said and done. So basically, no Lebron type players - but deep all star potential.

As for the box - I agree with others. If it's your first bust go for something pack heavy. If you want last years rookie class, I'd recommend Select or Prizm.

Back
Top Bottom