Shotgun mailday - hit a little bit of everything!

skip20

The (un)official PC Showdown Special Comments Guy
Real Name
Skip
Hey fellas - nothing too exciting in this lot, few low end PC cards and what can only be described as an odd lot... But a couple really nice cards thrown in towards the end too... :v: All are up for sale if anyone is interested, except for the PC items...

To start with some freebies. These hail from an era when JR Rider was considered a team leader, Vin Baker was an All-Star and Rod Strickland belonged on the same card as David Robinson. Good memories!

SAVE0036.jpg

Now a couple more freebies: Tony Allen Rookie Academy (check out the guns on this bloke!) and Kevin Martin TSC 1st Day Issue 0491/1999 - love those 1st Day cards! Thanks Brent!

SAVE0035.jpg

Couple of low end Big O cards for the PC - Legend is 496/999

SAVE0025.jpg

Now a nice lot of Monster Mash GU for the PC - I used to collect him back in the day before injuries took their toll. All these GU are with Baron Davis.

SAVE0024.jpg

Now a nice lot of random autos from Brentus. Autographics are always a good source of on card auto goodness and Beam Team brings back fond memories of when they used to be the most fashionable of chase cards. Almond Significance numbered 009/199.

SAVE0028.jpg

Another random lot of autos - couple of nice RC refractor autos of Law and Blalock.

SAVE0031.jpg

More random autos - don't know about the placement of that Demarr Johnson sticker - tacked onto the card as an afterthought so that sig ends up appearing sideways?! :lol: Pruitt numbered 209/499

SAVE0030.jpg

Some of the nicer random autos - two of each numbered /899, /799, /699 and /195

SAVE0029.jpg

An oddity auto which I've never seen before. Auto goes in, auto comes out, auto goes in, auto comes out.... lol Slides out with the COA too - not a bad idea!

SAVE0032.jpg

SAVE0033.jpg

Now onto some of the nicer stuff....

Kidd Dribble Kings GU #37/299 - straight into the PC!

SAVE0037.jpg

Pippen Legendary Jersey - thanks for the trade kingjack - glad I helped the Hodge PC too!

SAVE0027.jpg

John Havlicek Legend Auto #4/10!

SAVE0038.jpg

SAVE0039.jpg

Joe Alexander Auto Letterman Patch #1/4!!!!! Loving the fact it's not a manufactured patch - but not game used either (has he actually played?!) - it's from the rookie photo shoot. But still just 3 cards away from a 1/1 :kick: :lol:

SAVE0040.jpg

SAVE0044.jpg

...and finally saved the best PC item for last!

Jason Kidd Auto Court Kings Boxtopper #05/49!!!! Now I just have to figure out how the hell to store it properly?! Any ideas?! :whistle:

SAVE0042.jpg

SAVE0043.jpg

Thanks for looking - comments always welcomed and appreciated. Should have some high end stuff in later this month! :thumbsup: :v:

Thanks mate, I picked up an auto lot so didn't really expect many great cards out of it but happy with the end result.

me too Ian - but problem is storing and displaying them without them getting *ahem* damaged - sorry for the reminder but couldn't resist!

some nice hits there man, hope your happy with the auto's! I have a tyreke boxtopper auto and its in an oversized top loader! no oversize penny sleeve tho.... got mine from grayson at cherry and think he might of had them given to him so yeh not sure?

are the box-toppers 8x10? 5x7? they have hard sleeves for each of those that should do enough to keep it protected.

Some really sweet pickups there man and such variety! Congrats!!! Frame the box topper :D

are the box-toppers 8x10? 5x7? they have hard sleeves for each of those that should do enough to keep it protected.

They are 5 x 7 and real real nice in hand

I bought a TMac box topper for my brother from ebay and it came in a 5x7 toploader, look into something like that.
Sick lot of pickups man too!!

thats a great haul... love that last kidd court kings auto - super design

haul is the correct word - one of my favourtie Kidds for sure!

Awesome additions to the collection.
Used to be able to get pro pockets for those oversized products.

Thanks for the tip mate - love my oversized cards. The really old Topps cards, an almost complete set of Jam Session and was thinking about makinga run at the Court KIngs Box Toppers too.

Is that box topper on-card? If so that's awesome. Couple of cool pickups there, that pull-out auto is pretty random though!

Yeah mate it's on card and it looks like ballpoint pen! Definitely the most unique auto in my collection - never seen anything like it before!

some nice hits there man, hope your happy with the auto's! I have a tyreke boxtopper auto and its in an oversized top loader! no oversize penny sleeve tho.... got mine from grayson at cherry and think he might of had them given to him so yeh not sure?

Yeah I'm happy mate, thanks for the tip about oversized boxtoppers - none here in Adelaide though! Might have to go shopping online for one...

Thanks mate, yeah they're 5x7 - know whee I can get my hands on some?

Some really sweet pickups there man and such variety! Congrats!!! Frame the box topper :D

They are 5 x 7 and real real nice in hand

Nice would be an understatement! Framing is a definite possibility! heh heh

Pippen Jersey is sweet man!

Just a plain white jersey - but it is Pippen! Don't have to many of his cards actually so was nice to get another of his jersey cards

I bought a TMac box topper for my brother from ebay and it came in a 5x7 toploader, look into something like that.
Sick lot of pickups man too!!

Thanks mate - my search for th elusive 5x7 boxtopper continues!

Nice Pippen card and a sick Kidd auto sweet pic ups!

Cheers - definitely two of the better all-round complete players of our time!

heres a site with the 5x7 toploaders... not sure if they ship to your area but at least that'll give you an idea of what your going after... kind of sucks to have to get them in bulk but maybe therell be some at a show there? i know theyre pretty standard supplies over here in the US...

Ultra-PRO® Rigid 5" x 7" Sleeves (Top-Loading) for Photos, Large Postcards, etc. - The2Buds

actually heres a link for cheaper on ebay that says he ships to oz in the description...

http://cgi.ebay.com/25-PHOTO-SIZE-T...ultDomain_0&hash=item3361038095#ht_1331wt_907

Thanks mate - looks liek I'm going to have to buy a pck of 25! So might as well start colecting them! lol

Back
Top Bottom