Select Supremacy Thread (now with Afterpay)

oh i am too lazy to do it again but does someone want to list the players that have won the premiership/brownlow double.
that will fill the gaps in a bit more of the checklist.
if not i can hold out for the hawks players.

There are 36 different non sig versions. And only 6 signature ones. So they will be the hardest insert to get after the quad sig.

oh i am too lazy to do it again but does someone want to list the players that have won the premiership/brownlow double.
that will fill the gaps in a bit more of the checklist.
if not i can hold out for the hawks players.
Recent ones I can think of Dusty, Bartel, Ablett, Judd, Cousins, Black, Akermanis, Voss, Hird, Goodes, Swan, Mitchell, Crawford, Diesel, Wanganeen

Mate brought up a interesting thought to about Afterpay.

"Select are purposely delaying it in order to artificially create even more demand through normal methods (Paypal, CC) then whatever stock that doesn't sell quick if any then will bring in Afterpay for to move it on."

Mate brought up a interesting thought to about Afterpay.

"Select are purposely delaying it in order to artificially create even more demand through normal methods (Paypal, CC) then whatever stock that doesn't sell quick if any then will bring in Afterpay for to move it on."

Its so they don't have to pay the Afterpay margin until they start using the service.

They are also deleting any negative FB comments and have no time frame for the "Technical issues". I just find it so hard to believe they are actually having "issues not on their end" after having years to set this up to go. Either they are being dodgy or just incompetence on a few peoples parts.

Its so they don't have to pay the Afterpay margin until they start using the service.

Interesting, I'm not sure how the money moves around through afterpay to the retailer. Will have to look into it more.

If they take a margin off the top for themselves, even more incentive to delay Afterpay until there is stock sitting on the shelf not moving.

They are also deleting any negative FB comments and have no time frame for the "Technical issues". I just find it so hard to believe they are actually having "issues not on their end" after having years to set this up to go. Either they are being dodgy or just incompetence on a few peoples parts.

Interesting, I'm not sure how the money moves around through afterpay to the retailer. Will have to look into it more.

If they take a margin off the top for themselves, even more incentive to delay Afterpay until there is stock sitting on the shelf not moving.

Afterpay from memory can range between 4-6% of sales. My guess is they are seeing how things go and as sales slow down they will turn it on as an incentive to move the remaining product.

Afterpay from memory can range between 4-6% of sales. My guess is they are seeing how things go and as sales slow down they will turn it on as an incentive to move the remaining product.

Why mention at the announcement of Supremacy that Afterpay will be an option and then not offer it straight away 🙄

Why mention at the announcement of Supremacy that Afterpay will be an option and then not offer it straight away 🙄

Boost demand and hope that people would make the impulse buy when it drops with paypal or CC so they get full profit.

Once sales go down to a trickle, the Afterpay will suddenly work and people who really could not afford a box straight up can by the left overs if any.

Win Win for Select

No doubt they will be popular amongst the faithful supporters..........but let me ask you the question.......if you had $800 to spend on a players full match worn jersey or a card that features a piece of the same jersey embedded in it......what would you choose?

Personally even as a card collector id take the full complete jersey ever day of the week?
Na I’d go card, jerseys are bulky and take up to much space when displaying + cards usually look more authentic

So because I have way too much free time at work on a Friday - and I'm counting down until I can head to the MCG for tonights game for a beer or two... I managed to pull this together for anyone that is interested - before anyone corrects me - yes they are just my calculations based on what we know already and there are slight rounding issues, but this is heading towards a likely box breakdown..
not many cards left to make up the rest of the box..
1567741054435.png
Anyone know if this guy has been keeping up with this? would love to see the full table...

here you go mate - starting to look a bit odd with the rounding - but its fairly close. Still looks like there are a few too many inserts, so some must be kept out of boxes...
1568624698670.png
Yeha i was wondering that... maybe not every club has a finals folklore signature? Or maybe its not 2 per club for the franchise future ones... who knows. love the effort

Just purchased 3 boxes, Delicious:p:cool: can't wait. One for me and one each for my two kids. Would love to get more but I reckon they will be gone within a month, not 2, like I first thought. Hoping there is a Carey or Archer Signature as I am mad North.
Wow , from what I hear now it could be gone much sooner:eek:

Last edited:
This series is shaping to be the best product Australian cards have produced.

Can't compare this stuff to NRL.

That's like comparing a Datsun 120Y to an Italia 488. :lol:

There's a reason Select let go of the NRL license, there is no money in it compared to AFL. From a financial perspective whether it's memberships, game attendance, sponsors, Television rights, National exposure, media exposure, fans....etc etc the list goes on and on AFL reigns supreme.

So by default that also extends to this series, how desirable it is, how many people will want it... etc etc

AFL is the premier sporting organization Australia wide so lets stop comparing this to what the other codes produce...mkay??

I'm also sick of hearing people have a sook about originality. Really?

Select had signatures in their product the first year they released in 1993, they had draft pick signatures in 1998. and had numbered cards since 1996. They did guernsey cards as far back as 2003. Triple signature in 1998.

Some of them are hand in hand with what the rest of the world was doing.

I liked 2012 draft prospects and supported it as much as i could, but it was hardly original.. Nickname sig, dual sigs, triple sigs, event worn guernseys...last time i checked they have all been done to death by the NBA long before David did them.

Now like i said i loved the product and supported it greatly but it was hardly the game changer some people make it out to be. As for Greats of the game i didn't collect or buy it because i didn't see value in the product. Cards were nicely made but Ashley Hansen is hardly an Eagles great and Glendinning and Malaxos were hardly either. I did like the Malthouse buy back and hope to track one down some day.

So lets stop comparing it to those products as well.

Supremacy and it's sales have reigned supreme on day one. I have spoken with a lot of heavy hitters in this industry and they have bought multiple cases of this product and are as excited as i am.

Thursday can't come quickly enough for me.

Oh and those who have bought big like me, hit me up with Eagles cards please.

Back
Top Bottom