Select Optimum 2021

Regardless of the reason they need to be replaced. Otherwise Select are not standing by the product and it’s also probably not legal to simply say we are not replacing anything. These cards have major issues and have a negative effect for collectors and card sellers alike.

I would be very surprised if it's the fact it's a gloss laminate finish. I just had somebody sign 50 cards, gloss laminate finish, left them to dry and not one customer has complained about any type of smudging or damage. Then again, there are different types of gloss laminate finishes, but I'm yet to see that be the case in my jobs.

I have seen cards signed with the right pens bubble up because of the laminate used on the cards.

Here are a couple of examples.

1631753743060.png

1631754012470.png

There are a few different types of laminate finish that can be used and if you don't use the right one you can get the bubbling effect on the cards when they are signed, even using the right markers.

I have seen cards signed with the right pens bubble up because of the laminate used on the cards.

Here are a couple of examples.

1631753743060.png

1631754012470.png

There are a few different types of laminate finish that can be used and if you don't use the right one you can get the bubbling effect on the cards when they are signed, even using the right markers.
I know there are different types, I do it for a living haha.

It just baffles me that they went with something they should really know would result this way.

Regardless of the reason they need to be replaced. Otherwise Select are not standing by the product and it’s also probably not legal to simply say we are not replacing anything. These cards have major issues and have a negative effect for collectors and card sellers alike.

I hope they do replace them or make an announcement ASAP regarding what will be done about it.

People had damage to their cards in Prestige and Select palmed it off as it's not a manufacturing error so it's not on them. Not sure how that is fair or correct in any way but I hope they take responsibility for these ones.

It will be a every card will be considered ,but hey many of us are paying a lot of money and I want the signature or any part of the card for that matter without a major flaw. They should all be replaced if the client is not happy imo

This is also why I am noticing card companies heading the way of more limited edition cards and less signatures. Less cost and less likely hood of the issue we are seeing. Would be funny if they palm the blame onto something or someone else. I am a collector as far as I am concerned I buy from Select and they are wholly responsible for any defects.

This is also why I am noticing card companies heading the way of more limited edition cards and less signatures. Less cost and less likely hood of the issue we are seeing. Would be funny if they palm the blame onto something or someone else. I am a collector as far as I am concerned I buy from Select and they are wholly responsible for any defects.

Yes most companies should stand behind their product and have a good level of quality control. I understand mistakes happen but its how you address them and rectify them is what matters most (outside of stopping errors from happening).

and im still waiting on my box's..... this is what happens when you are waiting on a product from melb, whilst living in syd during pandemic season. Delays!

But in reading what you all got in your box's i should be expecting - 2 dual sigs, 1 gold headliner and 6 scratched auto's. Sweet! :D

and im still waiting on my box's..... this is what happens when you are waiting on a product from melb, whilst living in syd during pandemic season. Delays!

But in reading what you all got in your box's i should be expecting - 2 dual sigs, 1 gold headliner and 6 scratched auto's. Sweet! :D

Some people who had regular post got their boxes before people who paid for express.

Aus Post is all over the shop right now but it was publicly made known, so everyone knew it wouldn't necessarily be on time.

Back
Top Bottom