Select Optimum 2021

Contact Select, I'm sure they will be redoing these as it's a clear printing error. Yesterday I got a response about my Rioli Jnr sig, they sent me a form and I can return it for viewing and they will send me a redemption card and when the replacements are available (could be 3-6 months I'm told) I can send it in, or trade or sell the redemption card it that's what I wish to do.
Does the numbering position on these Influentials bother anyone else? Or just me? It should be much closer to the edge of the card.
Thanks for that advice mate. Looks like I will need to fork out for a second King influential if I want one of each

Just my opinion, but it would make a nice set to have the original error card and replacement card with the same number. Doubt it would happen, but can always ask Select

Last edited:
Thanks for that advice mate. Looks like I will need to fork out for a second King influential if I want one of each (and the redemption card).

Just my opinion, but it would make a nice set of 3 to have the original error card, redemption card and replacement card with the same number. Doubt it would happen, but can always ask Select

Don’t think you’ll get all 3 the same mate because Select are most likely going to want to misprint one returned, then they’ll issue you with the redemption card.

EAFB42D7-CF98-4467-A442-4BCB363BEE35.jpeg
8F13BDE1-0485-4913-A751-7D16D3875847.jpeg
Thanks to Bazinga Trading Cards for the opportunity of obtaining a few packs for the family to rip 👍👍

Here is our hits from out 4 packs….pretty happy with the 1/65 Darcy Moore AA..

Thanks again Bazinga Cards!!

Last edited:
Ok so has anyone else considered the fact that essentially the king influentials have been cut in half now with 20 (plus or minus depending on who redeems) normal and 20 errors (plus or minus depending on who doesnt.

So essentially it is now one of the lowest distributed cards ever made

Ok so has anyone else considered the fact that essentially the king influentials have been cut in half now with 20 (plus or minus depending on who redeems) normal and 20 errors (plus or minus depending on who doesnt.

So essentially it is now one of the lowest distributed cards ever made
That is part of why I threw it to the board as I am wondering what to do. Contacted Select, and they will send a replacement. However, they were very clear that they want the original and will destroy it / will not return it

Given the prices involved, I am hesitant to purchase a second card. I have already forked out nearly $3k on just 5 Optimum cards (Steele Gold headliner, Riewoldt / King sig, the two mirror cards and this influential). So if it is just one version, I am wondering if it is better to have the misprint or get the redemption?

As someone said above, a holepunched returned card would be ideal (to keep both). But leaning towards just keeping the misprint I guess. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Thanks to Bazinga Trading Cards for the opportunity of obtaining a few packs for the family to rip 👍👍

Here is our hits from out 4 packs….pretty happy with the 1/65 Darcy Moore AA..

Thanks again Bazinga Cards!!
Mate a 1/65 Darcy moore AA are you kidding me!!!!

So aweomse. Stoked for you and the kids mate. Well done!

Reactions: 723
That is part of why I threw it to the board as I am wondering what to do. Contacted Select, and they will send a replacement. However, they were very clear that they want the original and will destroy it / will not return it

Given the prices involved, I am hesitant to purchase a second card. I have already forked out nearly $3k on just 5 Optimum cards (Steele Gold headliner, Riewoldt / King sig, the two mirror cards and this influential). So if it is just one version, I am wondering if it is better to have the misprint or get the redemption?

As someone said above, a holepunched returned card would be ideal (to keep both). But leaning towards just keeping the misprint I guess. Thoughts?

If you are buying a second king I would get it asap before everyone knows select will replace.

If I was a saints collector I think I would have to have them both, especially as neither of them will be getting any more common as time goes on

I was hesitant paying $50 for 2 Daicos error (so I could have one of both) as soon as I heard select would replace, once it became knowledge they went up to around $150, now they are selling well over 200 on the bay

With king being a much more expensive card they won’t go up the same % but I would think they would at least double?

If you are buying a second king I would get it asap before everyone knows select will replace.

If I was a saints collector I think I would have to have them both, especially as neither of them will be getting any more common as time goes on

I was hesitant paying $50 for 2 Daicos error (so I could have one of both) as soon as I heard select would replace, once it became knowledge they went up to around $150, now they are selling well over 200 on the bay

With king being a much more expensive card they won’t go up the same % but I would think they would at least double?
Oh dont get me wrong, I want both. And I am resigned to there being no chance of getting to get the error card back from Select if I replace it. But just not sure my pockets are deep enough

If it was one or the other, what would you do? Leaning towards keeping the error (can always replace later if I want). But was just keen to get peoples thoughts

Oh dont get me wrong, I want both. And I am resigned to there being no chance of getting to get the error card back from Select if I replace it. But just not sure my pockets are deep enough

If it was one or the other, what would you do? Leaning towards keeping the error (can always replace later if I want). But was just keen to get peoples thoughts
Very fair points. Myself personally could would have to get the replacememt and the non as forever now they will be on all card lists and set wouldnt be complete without both.

And from now on i would be viewing it as an /20 card as if i get it i know that it will be around the at 20 or so mark depending on who redeems.

Tbj if u dont intend on getting two i would hold off and wait to see how many redeem the proper card. My guess would be that less people redwem it than domt so id stay with the missprint. But its a hard one

If it was me in this situation and had to choose I’d send the error in and get the correct printed card. That’s just me though. Has anyone asked Select if possible to hole punch them? If enough people ask it might get them thinking. Would be a shame to destroy them when they could just act as a redemption card.

it is a thinker of a decision..personally I would have to go the non-error. Just couldn't live with that upper card space not stating influential..
Bit to think about for you and other saints collectors..good luck!

Has anyone asked Select if possible to hole punch them? If enough people ask it might get them thinking. Would be a shame to destroy them when they could just act as a redemption card.

Go back to 1994 when Greg Williams insert card incorrect logo..
you had to send back to get correct logo card and you received both back the with a punched hole in incorrect one,
I think a lot of people kept the incorrect one and didn't redeem for the correct one..

Go back to 1994 when Greg Williams insert card incorrect logo..
you had to send back to get correct logo card and you received both back the with a punched hole in incorrect one,
I think a lot of people kept the incorrect one and didn't redeem for the correct one..

No internet back then either so some might not have even known about a replacement.

Back
Top Bottom