Select Optimum 2021

i did the same and got donuts
I think I know why you got no reply……..this is the response I got:
0AB0E113-D578-47D3-8795-8CC97060022A.jpeg

So long as existing members get first priority to renew, I’m happy.

You would also think that they will allow for new member applications until the cap of 1000 is reached.

Would certainly be a bonus if card accessories were provided instead of hats. The album was useful, and could easily be a yearly part of the membership.

The cap was nice but I won’t wear it. Accessories or a Club photo card of the Heritage round where a photo is taken of the competing team before the match or something similar would be cool instead. Other things I would like would be bring back box cards and have the common series done in ladder order from previous yr with the Premiership side having extra cards perhaps even a limited common team card.

I used their ticket system and still got donuts. Not the first time and probably won't be the last. The only time they have ever responded was when it was regarding purchasing something, surprise surprise lol.

Last edited:
Anyone tried their socials?

I'm blocked on FB :(

They don't have a message feature on FB anymore.

They obviously want to filter everyone through their ticket system instead.

Personally, I think a company should always have a social media inbox for people to contact. Whether that be FB, Twitter, IG, whatever it is. I understand they may be inundated with messages daily, however that is what you employ a social media person for.

I used their ticket system and still got donuts. Not the first time and probably won't be the last. The only time they have ever responded was when it was regarding purchasing something, surprise surprise lol.
I’ve got to say, I’ve heard a few people with similar experiences as yourself.

I have contacted them on a few occasions, I have always heard back within a few hours and they have always been very accomodating and helpful. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Seen Sportscard World in SA are selling boxes in-store only on release day at retail. Great work by them. Do we know of any other hobby shops doing the same? Are Cardzone selling any at retail?

Seen Sportscard World in SA are selling boxes in-store only on release day at retail. Great work by them. Do we know of any other hobby shops doing the same? Are Cardzone selling any at retail?
I sent an email to cardzone last year and was able to get 2 Dominance 2020 boxes no issues.. I sent a similar sounding one this year so will see how it goes.

I sent an email to cardzone last year and was able to get 2 Dominance 2020 boxes no issues.. I sent a similar sounding one this year so will see how it goes.
Banana. I will update on here if I was successful. Otherwise an AFL store can be good to visit . I've seen 2nd series and mid series packets like prestige and Honours and Certified on sale there before in the past. Failing that the card hobby store in your state usually prioritises the people living in that state.
Thanks for the update on Sports card World. While no help to many across the nation, it is really good they are doing what they are doing for the people of
S.A which is very similar to what Steve did in 2020 Re; the 2020 Dominance release allocation.

I think selects communication has gone down hill, there was a post the other day someone had pulled a high flyer from a pack and it had started peeling at the top just like 90% of them they were known for doing it, so they contacted select to see if they could have it replaced only to be told NO We haven’t had a single complaint about the high flyers, which was a straight up lie as people were commenting on post with screen shots of complaints they sent to select about the cards, they could certainly do a lot better that’s for sure

Yeah I watched the CA stream and was shocked that only 800 people took the option to join.

That clearly will extend to the full 1000 when the subscription renews next year, so don't think they will extend the box limit for the SCC members.

I too am interested to see who the big breakers are. Wonder if the old mate on ebay will just open his 100 cases and put them up as singles like he did for prestige ;)
Interested to know who this old mate on eBay is?

Maybe in the future they will have an exclusive SCC series and if no one purchases their allocation it will go to the general public. Say 1000 boxes produced 1 for each member. I reckon there wouldn’t be too many left over.

As do I. But I am also questioning the value of the SCC right now.

So far, the membership fee has allowed me priority access to a single box of 21 Footy Stars Prestige and a single box of 21 Optimum. Sure, the binder is useful and the cap.... well, enough said.... But I still don't consider the "priority" of the SCC has been worth the initial outlay. Allowing $30 for the album/cap, I have outlaid $34.50 per '21 release for Priority access to a single box of each...

Not to mention, I had to pay 2 lots of shipping for each order (first the SCC order, then the subsequent general release). So an additional overhead that could be argued is an extra expense resulting from SCC membership.

For context, I had no problems purchasing additional boxes of each at there respective releases. Maybe I am luckier than I realise.

Hopefully Select have something else significant planned (perhaps a Premium release later in the year?) to make the value of SCC worth the initial trust/outlay.
Most SCC members that I know missed out on getting additional boxes in both drops. I feel that one allocated box isn't enough.

I think Cardzone has shut and only JHL is left 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom