Select Optimum 2021

I hope SCC member get priority access next year to continue their membership
I bloody well hope so!

It should work that when the 1000 fill up, spots open when people drop off/don't pay the membership.

If we have to all log in and purchase again, regardless of status, i'll be a broken man

It will be like the MCC membership . People waiting 25 yrs to become a full member , by that stage they have lost interest but will pay for it and never let it expire because they had to wait a quarter of a century to get it lol

It will be like the MCC membership . People waiting 25 yrs to become a full member , by that stage they have lost interest but will pay for it and never let it expire because they had to wait a quarter of a century to get it lol
I am an AFL member with full membership and have friends who are silver members who have been members for 10 years and are still 15 years away!

I am never giving my memberships up

I hope SCC member get priority access next year to continue their membership
As do I. But I am also questioning the value of the SCC right now.

So far, the membership fee has allowed me priority access to a single box of 21 Footy Stars Prestige and a single box of 21 Optimum. Sure, the binder is useful and the cap.... well, enough said.... But I still don't consider the "priority" of the SCC has been worth the initial outlay. Allowing $30 for the album/cap, I have outlaid $34.50 per '21 release for Priority access to a single box of each...

Not to mention, I had to pay 2 lots of shipping for each order (first the SCC order, then the subsequent general release). So an additional overhead that could be argued is an extra expense resulting from SCC membership.

For context, I had no problems purchasing additional boxes of each at there respective releases. Maybe I am luckier than I realise.

Hopefully Select have something else significant planned (perhaps a Premium release later in the year?) to make the value of SCC worth the initial trust/outlay.

Another option is just buy the cards individually instead of box and pack opening . We all love breaking a box and packs
much prefer to open boxes/packs than buy individual cards, where you buy to suit your personal collection and `
where you get the satisfaction of completing your P/C doesn't equal the joy of cracking a box or pack and pulling the card needed.

Reactions: 723
I am an AFL member with full membership and have friends who are silver members who have been members for 10 years and are still 15 years away!

I am never giving my memberships up
I know people who waited yrs finally got it but never use it and still pay the $600 or $700 MCC membership fee.

much prefer to open boxes/packs than buy individual cards, where you buy to suit your personal collection and `
where you get the satisfaction of completing your P/C doesn't equal the joy of cracking a box or pack and pulling the card needed.
I agree, but it is so difficult to buy packs and boxes at recommended retail prices it’s hard for many to justify the secondary market prices. It’s an option many will consider imo.

To be fair, there are those who use their kids to guilt others into giving them stuff (cards/boxes) etc
I hope I didn’t come across that way.. that was never my intention as I’m not looking for pity or a hand out.. my kids get more than enough…much more than when I was a kid, that’s for sure..I was just really looking forward to ripping some packs with them as they are now finally at that age where sharing moments with them is finally rewarding…

I hope I didn’t come across that way.. that was never my intention as I’m not looking for pity or a hand out.. my kids get more than enough…much more than when I was a kid, that’s for sure..I was just really looking forward to ripping some packs with them as they are now finally at that age where sharing moments with them is finally rewarding…
No not you!

But I've seen some suss things on other places, where there is lots of guilting and it seems around release time the kids are mentioned.

Maybe in the future they will have an exclusive SCC series and if no one purchases their allocation it will go to the general public. Say 1000 boxes produced 1 for each member. I reckon there wouldn’t be too many left over.

Are you suggesting a release that is merely for SCC members unless it doesn't sell out, in which it goes public?

Surely not.

As do I. But I am also questioning the value of the SCC right now.

So far, the membership fee has allowed me priority access to a single box of 21 Footy Stars Prestige and a single box of 21 Optimum. Sure, the binder is useful and the cap.... well, enough said.... But I still don't consider the "priority" of the SCC has been worth the initial outlay. Allowing $30 for the album/cap, I have outlaid $34.50 per '21 release for Priority access to a single box of each...

Not to mention, I had to pay 2 lots of shipping for each order (first the SCC order, then the subsequent general release). So an additional overhead that could be argued is an extra expense resulting from SCC membership.

For context, I had no problems purchasing additional boxes of each at there respective releases. Maybe I am luckier than I realise.

Hopefully Select have something else significant planned (perhaps a Premium release later in the year?) to make the value of SCC worth the initial trust/outlay.

For $100 a year, to have priority access to products prior to the public (literally guaranteed a box of every release), that is a no brainer to get one if someone can afford it at the time.

What else do you suggest they offer on top of that? More materialistic items like caps, keyrings, etc? There's nothing else they can really offer imo.

Are you suggesting a release that is merely for SCC members unless it doesn't sell out, in which it goes public?

Surely not.
It’s possible you never know . Maybe that will be their selling point next yr but membership might cost more.

It’s possible you never know . Maybe that will be their selling point next yr but membership might cost more.

That would have to be a world's first no?

Surely that has never happened before. I can only assume the uproar would be mental for the general public who would miss out on those cards if they didn't have the money to obtain a membership. I seriously cannot see that as a good thing at all.

That would have to be a world's first no?

Surely that has never happened before. I can only assume the uproar would be mental for the general public who would miss out on those cards if they didn't have the money to obtain a membership. I seriously cannot see that as a good thing at all.
Can't afford $99 for a membership but wants premium content and boxes ;)

I take the point and yes, it won't happen...but it would be nice

Wouldn’t mind SCC members still getting their 1 box first but maybe the first hour of the public release it’s only open to members and they’ll get a chance to get 2 more or something like that

Back
Top Bottom