Select Hilites

Well, bugger me...low and behold, eBay is suddenly flooded with Dustin Martin Select Hilites cards....you could knock me down with a feather!! :)

On one hand it's great for those who might have missed out or not even known the promotion had started, but on the other hand I guess there is nothing stopping someone buying multiple cards and flogging them for profit. Some people would sell their Grandmother for a quick buck I reckon!

I had heard a reliable rumour of one person using multiple logins/user details to buy around 50 of these cards each week to date to make master sets for sale at a later date.

Interesting times.

Any word on the print run for Round 2 Bontempelli or Round 3 Ablett ?

Cant remember the exact number for the Bont but it was in the low 300's, 320-330ish i think. It was less than the Dusty. The Ablett hasnt arrived yet so not sure on the number.

We always knew people would buy multiple cards each week to sell later on for profit, but 50 is just crazy.

Any guesses for this week? I'm gonna go with Eddie Betts.

Eddie Betts it is.

IMG_3353.PNG

Ordered the Eddie Betts Hilites card (along with a few sneaky value packs). Obviously hoping for under #100, but still can't wait to see how it looks in hand.

Don't get too excited mate, they look ok but nothing real special.

Fair enough, I guess the excitement is just anticipating what number I get on it, but never the less will still reserve judgement until I get it in hand haha.

Only thing I would have love to have seen Select do was do an extra card this week for the Traditional Anzac day game......would have been popular id imagine.

Cheers
Matt

Only thing I would have love to have seen Select do was do an extra card this week for the Traditional Anzac day game......would have been popular id imagine.

Cheers
Matt

I asked select to do the extra card for the anzac day medallist but they said it would take ages for them to get approval from the Anzac's, but they said they thought about the idea as well but it just takes a long time to get the approval.

I asked select to do the extra card for the anzac day medallist but they said it would take ages for them to get approval from the Anzac's, but they said they thought about the idea as well but it just takes a long time to get the approval.

It's a regular season game.......they don't have to mention the word Anzac at all......all it would need is AFL approval.

Just don't get it.

It's a regular season game.......they don't have to mention the word Anzac at all......all it would need is AFL approval.

Just don't get it.

I think you would find the afl would have rights over all its special games including pictures etc etc select would have rights for average games but in regards to Anzac day I would say it is similar to grand final and extra $$$$ is required lol They probably could just have done one without mentioning Anzac but then again that would just be a regular hilites card and danihers game wasn't the best of the round

I think you would find the afl would have rights over all its special games including pictures etc etc select would have rights for average games but in regards to Anzac day I would say it is similar to grand final and extra $$$$ is required lol They probably could just have done one without mentioning Anzac but then again that would just be a regular hilites card and danihers game wasn't the best of the round

I can tell you from a licencing point of view, the Grand Final is no different to a regular season game. In NRL Things like Origin/Nines (owned by a promoter) and Kangaroos need secondary permission but for any other game is no different.

Could they have done it? Sure without any issues. Do they think outside the square? Nope.

Back
Top Bottom