Return to the game

masTers

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Steve
eBay User
masTers-39
Hey guys, thought I'd do a quick intro. I used to be madly into collecting cards when I was younger, and like most, I wish I had hung on to more of the cards I had when I was younger. Sadly but, limited pocket money meant I either bought a pack or cards, or some sleeves, so a lot of my collecting didn't survive the play ground.

I collect Eagles player issue jumpers (used and unused) but I've been recently collecting the Sunday Times AFL cards with my 4 year old nephew, which has sparked a keen interest in a return to collecting, so yesterday I bought a Select champions album and about 10 packs.

First pack I busted had a Natanui force 5 card (which was the first card I saw) so that was quite exciting for me, as Ive been a huge fan of his since Swan Districts days, and I'm a huge eagles fan. Also copped a couple of revelations and a Shaun Higgins mascot card.

I'm curious as how people are collecting these? Ive worked out you need about 65 9 card sheets to fit the entire set (Yes OCD dictates I need to get all 195 Guernsey cards) Will 65 sleeves fit in the one album? I was thinking of just grabbing a 2nd album (better value as well) and using one for Guernseys and Inserts, the other for just the common set? Is there really much value now in buying a box, as I've seen a lot of cards I need in store or on eBay? I personally think 195 commons isn't really a lot to collect.

Was always a childhood dream to buy and album and a box, sadly my folks never shared that idea. Luckily my Girlfriend doesn't mind, and enjoys "helping" putting cards in folders.

Anyway, I'm glad I stumbled upon this forum, hopefully be able to trade with you guys, and keep in touch. I'm off to Melbourne next month, so a trip to cardzone is on the agenda now.

Cheers,

Steve

Hey mate,
Great to see another football collector on here :)
Another person to trade with.

Back
Top Bottom