Rate the top 10 bands/acts you've seen live

Not in any particular order
  1. Pearl Jam
  2. Eddie Vedder
  3. Ben harper
  4. Paul Kelly tribute gig (http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/jmail/091116_paulkelly/)
  5. Jay-Z
  6. Gotye from the photo pit
  7. Powderfinger/Silverchair dual gig
  8. Foo Fighters
  9. Metallica
  10. Incubus

Man this is harder than you actually think (and harder on the old memory!)
MIssing out -
  • 28 Days lots of times
  • Grinspoon including a messy night from Phil right before he was admitted to rehab
  • Ben Lee in a tiny pub playing only thing I could figure was it was near Mothers Day so may have been back for that
  • lots of BDOs
  • And you will know us by the trail of dead
  • Lostprophets :(
  • Hilltop Hoods
  • Good Charlotte listening party

I guess also the reverse - who's on the list to see -
AC/DC :(
Pearl Jam/Vedder permanently
And you will know us by the trail of dead
BRMC

Last edited:
How ridiculous is this? Let's not experience it, let's record it for later or to share with friends or whatever the fark this is???? This is insane to me.

pmPhonez.JPG

Firstly, to those who have seen Alice Cooper live in Concert .... I'm so Jealous!!!!!!!!! And Paul Ambrey - Led Zep?!!!! You serious?!!!!!! Aarrgggghhhh!!!!!!!

Top ten seen bands/Acts ....
1) Megadeth 2001 Enmore theatre, Sydney
2) Iron Maiden 1991 the old Horden Pavilion Sydney
3) Aerosmith Pump Tour Sydney Ent Cent
4) Skid Row Eastern Creek Raceway (supporting Gunners)
5) Armoured Angel 1995 The Collector Tavern Parramatta
6) Sidewinder - Same gig as Armoured Angel
7) Reign of Terror (CAnberra Local) The Basement Canberra
8) Eye in the Sky (Another Canberra Outfit) ANU Bar Canberra
9) Metallica 1993 Sydney Ent Cent
10) Guns n' Roses Eastern Creek Raceway

Disappointments ....
Rose Tattoo Eastern Creek Raceway
The Angels Farewell Tour at the Horden

Missed out on ....
Jimmy Page/Robert Plant Unledded - could have had box seats with Marcia Hines (and possibly meet and greet!)

In Person Meet and Greets ....
Alice Cooper (actually shook his hand)
Jimmy Barnes - nicest bloke out there; always has time for a chat
Angry Anderson - another nice bloke

4) Skid Row Eastern Creek Raceway (supporting Gunners)

Was that the 2007 tour? we saw that tour in Christchurch supporting Gunners (well Axl & Friends) and Skid Row should have been the headliners, they absolutely wiped the floor with gunners. Admittedly it was the last show of the world tour but Gunners were super disappointing that night. Sebastian Bach is an absolute beast though

Was that the 2007 tour? we saw that tour in Christchurch supporting Gunners (well Axl & Friends) and Skid Row should have been the headliners, they absolutely wiped the floor with gunners. Admittedly it was the last show of the world tour but Gunners were super disappointing that night. Sebastian Bach is an absolute beast though

I believe it was the 1991/92 tour. But yeah, Bas and Skid Row did wipe the floor ... with everyone. Still remember Bas coming out and asking "is this a F***ing party or what? Where's the F'n beer?"

Hard to stick to only 10!

1 - Guns N Roses / Skid Row - Eastern Creek
2 - Powderfinger - too many to list
3 - Placebo - Enmore, Horden, Homebush
4 - Michael Jackson - SCG
5 - Aerosmith - Entertainment centre - 90s
6 - Coldplay - Allianz 2016
7 - U2 - Sydney Footy stadium in the rain
8 - Kiss - Sydney
9 - Def Leppard - Entertainment centre 90's
10 - Motley Crüe - Acer Arena

Hard to stick to only 10!

1 - Guns N Roses / Skid Row - Eastern Creek
2 - Powderfinger - too many to list
3 - Placebo - Enmore, Horden, Homebush
4 - Michael Jackson - SCG
5 - Aerosmith - Entertainment centre - 90s
6 - Coldplay - Allianz 2016
7 - U2 - Sydney Footy stadium in the rain
8 - Kiss - Sydney
9 - Def Leppard - Entertainment centre 90's
10 - Motley Crüe - Acer Arena

4 - Michael Jackson - SCG - jealous! remember how big the crowd was (sold out I guess) and how was the sound quality where you were etc?

4 - Michael Jackson - SCG - jealous! remember how big the crowd was (sold out I guess) and how was the sound quality where you were etc?
Crowd was huge. Sound like many concerts at huge sporting arenas could have been better, however just happy I got to see him. I am still dirty that I missed Nirvana. Had the chance to see them at DeeWhy hotel in Sydney and I was crook so didn't go :(.

On a brighter note, forgot to add Green Day at SCG and Wave Aid also at SCG they were awsome gigs too.

Last edited:
Going to see one of my fav live guys soon at the end of Oct (Claude Hay) but I'm keeping my eye open for the next Post Malone tour - until this youtube vid I found.....it's either how I know I'm old OR a sign of how things have changed for the worse. Watch closely how 1) the heads all start to pop up like ducks sticking their head up to get shot off by hunters. As peeps get put up on shoulders of other poor souls who miss out cause they have to do the hard labour lol 2) the phones come out to film/selfies/share on social media and miss the moment and 3) everyone sings so loud so they can be heard you cant't even hear the guy you came to see.

I'm different, yeah I'm different.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDAIAhwSd_w

Last edited:
My top 10 goes like this,and might give my age away.
10 Dragon
9 Rose Tattoo
8 Cold Chisel
7 Jimmy Barnes
6 Status Quo
5 Slade
4 Alice Cooper
3 Joe Cocker
2 Led Zeppelin
1 Ac/Dc

As a side note,im in my 60,s and still collect Jimmy Barnes cd,s and vinyl.
Thanks for bringing up this topic.
what happen to the Angels ( early).
Cold chisel.
radiators
aus crawl ??????
acka.
yes and it gives it away paul, early 50's.
picked up 4 of his cd's for $6 at g sale the other day, different 1 you know, it was just round the corner from that other one.

Thought I had posted before but some of the highlights.....

1. Pearl Jam - Seen them 3 times.......the last show of the 3 was the best. Simulcast on Triple M which meant they played all of the big hits on the one night!
2. AC/DC supported by The Living End at the Entertainment Centre - loved the concert and the only concert where I think I suffered permanent hearing loss. Billy Connolly was about 6 seats away and was awesome with the crowd!
3. U2 at ANZ stadium and the Opening Act was............. Kanye West!
4. So many Homebakes over the years - The Finn Brothers, Jet, Silverchair, Powderfinger etc.
5. Live - supported by Sugar Ray!
6. Wave Aid (the Oils, Nick Cave, John Butler, Finn Brothers etc)
7. Livid in 2002 had a pretty good line up - Powderfinger, Oasis (nearly got killed in the Moshpit), Grinspoon, Something for Kate, Motor Ace, Superheist, The Butterfly Effect, Morrissey, John Butler Trio, The D4, Unwritten Law, Sum 41, Bodyjar, Dropkick Murphys.
8. Coldplay way back just after they released their second album. Didn't realise till later on that we stood next to Ewan McGregor most of the night as he was in town filming star wars.
9. Neil Finn/Paul Kelly/Mark Seymour in 2000 at the Domain during the Olympics! The crowd was in such fine voice and there were a heap of athletes mingling throughout the crowd! Lots of fun!
10. Ryan Adams - 2 hours of some amazing songs, unreal set list and even a verbal argument with people in the crowd. It had it all!

Honorable Mention - The Wiggles! The Moshpit was even crazier than Oasis.

Have not seen that many live performances, always preferred sitting at home with headphones, listening in crystal clear sound.
That being said, I have seen ...

Iron Maiden
Pink Floyd
Neil Young
The Wailers (Unfortunately minus Bob)

Pink Floyd was an utterly stunning experience.

Thought I had posted before but some of the highlights.....

1. Pearl Jam - Seen them 3 times.......the last show of the 3 was the best. Simulcast on Triple M which meant they played all of the big hits on the one night!
2. AC/DC supported by The Living End at the Entertainment Centre - loved the concert and the only concert where I think I suffered permanent hearing loss. Billy Connolly was about 6 seats away and was awesome with the crowd!
3. U2 at ANZ stadium and the Opening Act was............. Kanye West!
4. So many Homebakes over the years - The Finn Brothers, Jet, Silverchair, Powderfinger etc.
5. Live - supported by Sugar Ray!
6. Wave Aid (the Oils, Nick Cave, John Butler, Finn Brothers etc)
7. Livid in 2002 had a pretty good line up - Powderfinger, Oasis (nearly got killed in the Moshpit), Grinspoon, Something for Kate, Motor Ace, Superheist, The Butterfly Effect, Morrissey, John Butler Trio, The D4, Unwritten Law, Sum 41, Bodyjar, Dropkick Murphys.
8. Coldplay way back just after they released their second album. Didn't realise till later on that we stood next to Ewan McGregor most of the night as he was in town filming star wars.
9. Neil Finn/Paul Kelly/Mark Seymour in 2000 at the Domain during the Olympics! The crowd was in such fine voice and there were a heap of athletes mingling throughout the crowd! Lots of fun!
10. Ryan Adams - 2 hours of some amazing songs, unreal set list and even a verbal argument with people in the crowd. It had it all!

Honorable Mention - The Wiggles! The Moshpit was even crazier than Oasis.

Amazing list!

-Kanye opened for U2???
-Oasis moshpits were crazy??
-Had to look up Ryan Adams, thought it was a typo for Bryan Adams

🍻

Amazing list!

-Kanye opened for U2???
-Oasis moshpits were crazy??
-Had to look up Ryan Adams, thought it was a typo for Bryan Adams

🍻
at wembley in 2000, there were people p!ssing everywhere, drunk fools headbutting random people, people throwing cups of vomit/p!ss. it was horrible...oasis attracts those kinds of fans the world over.

Bit of a different direction in terms of taste for me

1. Kendrick Lamar (got to do a meet and greet with him as well)
2. Black Eyed Peas (Minus Fergie unfortunately)
3. Coldplay
4. Asap Rocky
5. Eminem
6. Jason Derulo
7. 50 Cent

Was meant to see Sean Paul and Shaggy this year but they cancelled!!! :cry:

Back
Top Bottom