Rate the last movie you watched

make sure you check out the original part 2.. it's awesome and a killer follow up to part 1.

Funny enough I've actually seen that one before at a drive in years ago. Definitely a fantastic movie but I really don't like the plot of Michael being Laurie's brother. I'm very glad they scrapped that for the new films.

Funny enough I've actually seen that one before at a drive in years ago. Definitely a fantastic movie but I really don't like the plot of Michael being Laurie's brother. I'm very glad they scrapped that for the new films.
im thinking they just havent revealed it yet. it is sort of canon...
the rob zombie ones werent too bad either, but the original 2 are still the best.

im thinking they just havent revealed it yet. it is sort of canon...
the rob zombie ones werent too bad either, but the original 2 are still the best.
I believe Danny McBride came out and said it was the first thing they removed from the new films, as it seemed too personalised and made Michael less scary given Michael is only set on killing Laurie rather than just any odd babysitter. Also from memory the main young girl in the 2018 remake (forgot her name), her friend mentioned that Michael and Laurie being related was just a tale people made up.
I actually really enjoyed the first Rob Zombie halloween despite how many people hated it. I couldn't get around the second one as much though, with the weird dreams and the white horses :rofl: One Halloween that is extremely underrated is H20, I'd arguably put it top 3 Halloween movies ever behind the original and 2018.

Black Widow - 6.5/10

Yet another Marvel release and yet again, not quite what I expected.
Worth a watch but I dunno, just expected more.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3480822/

Free Guy - 6/10

Really wanted to give this one a better score and I have thought on it for a week now.
Ryan Reynolds, brilliant as ever.
The overall idea for the movie was sound but I got a 'wanted to be Ready Player One' feel about it.
For which it fell short. This was reiterated by a friend who said he loved it and had heard people say just that !
Taika Waititi as Antwan, really annoyed me, I guess he acted the part as he did for a reason but the whole character just grated on my nerves.
Hence my rating dropped probably 2 points.
Still a damn good movie and I can see how people really thought it was great.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6264654/

Jungle Cruise - 7/10

The Rock and Emily Blunt, great combo and really enjoyed this flick.
Good old Indiana Jones feel about this one, recommend it to anyone.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0870154/

Black Widow - 6.5/10

Yet another Marvel release and yet again, not quite what I expected.
Worth a watch but I dunno, just expected more.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3480822/

Free Guy - 6/10

Really wanted to give this one a better score and I have thought on it for a week now.
Ryan Reynolds, brilliant as ever.
The overall idea for the movie was sound but I got a 'wanted to be Ready Player One' feel about it.
For which it fell short. This was reiterated by a friend who said he loved it and had heard people say just that !
Taika Waititi as Antwan, really annoyed me, I guess he acted the part as he did for a reason but the whole character just grated on my nerves.
Hence my rating dropped probably 2 points.
Still a damn good movie and I can see how people really thought it was great.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6264654/

Jungle Cruise - 7/10

The Rock and Emily Blunt, great combo and really enjoyed this flick.
Good old Indiana Jones feel about this one, recommend it to anyone.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0870154/

Black Widow is definitely most underwhelming movie of the year. By all means it's not a bad movie, and I'd probably rank it lower mid tier on the list of MCU movies but definitely left me wanting more. I feel they completely wasted the character of taskmaster who didn't have much of an impact on the movie in retrospect (I'll have to watch it again but I barely remember her). I think our expectations were even higher due to the fact we hadn't gotten a Marvel movie in so long. Florence Pugh and David Harbour were great additions to the franchise though, so I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing more of them.

queen pins. 6/10 - alot better than i expected. veronica mars and some cool black chick start up a coupon scam that nets them millions. has it moments both good and bad.
many saints of newark. 7/10 - as a stand alone movie its not that great, but if you know the show its pretty interesting. i gave it a 7 because it was basically the perfect feature length episode of a new series...this is the sopranos prequel by the way.
bone tomohawk. 8/10 - a rewatch, but man is this a great movie. kurt russell leads a make-shift posse trying to rescue some townsfolk from cannibal indians. some amazing kill shots.
vince carter: legacy. 7/10 - pretty good overview of carter's career.
cry macho. 6/10 - usually a massive fan of clint as both actor and especially director, but this didnt work for me. gets an extra point purely for clint.

Last edited:
queen pins. 6/10 - alot better than i expected.veronica mars and some cool black chick start up a coupon scam that nets them millions. has it moments both good and bad.
many saints of newark. 7/10 - as a stand alone movie its not that great, but if you now the show its pretty interesting. i gave it a 7 because it was basically the perfect feature length episode of a new series...this is the sopranos prequel by the way.
bone tomohawk. 8/10 - a rewatch, but man is this a great movie. kurt russell leads a make-shift posse trying to rescue some townsfolk from cannibal indians. some amazing kill shots.
Bone Tomohawk👍

queen pins. 6/10 - alot better than i expected. veronica mars and some cool black chick start up a coupon scam that nets them millions. has it moments both good and bad.
many saints of newark. 7/10 - as a stand alone movie its not that great, but if you now the show its pretty interesting. i gave it a 7 because it was basically the perfect feature length episode of a new series...this is the sopranos prequel by the way.
cry macho. 6/10 - usually a massive fan of clint as both actor and especially director, but this didnt work for me. gets an extra point purely for clint.

How did you watch Many Saints? Been waiting for that one

A Nightmare on Elm Street 1 - 8.5/10 - Finally dipping my toes in the elm street series. Loved almost everything about this movie, unfortunately the ending ruined it for me. Seemed like a lazy and uninspired way to end the film but the first 3/4 was incredible and absolutely loved the cast.
A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 - 5/10 - Pretty underwhelming and felt like Freddy didn't have much of an impact as he did in the first flick. A lot of cringe moments in the film as well that can't be excused for being filmed in the 80s given the first film didn't have any cringe moments besides the cop at the end wondering if he should help Nancy or not.
A Nightmare on Elm Street 3 - 8/10 - Loved it! Really creative kills and Freddy is back to his best self. I can't give it an edge over the original but it comes dangerously close.
Gonna nail the rest over the weekend

cool review mate,
part 1 - cult horror classic
part 2 - cringe/ yet a cool late nite 80's easy to watch flick
part 3 - like you said..awesome flick.
after that's it is nothing but down hill skiing,trust me!!
but check out " never sleep again" a awesome elm st doco that goes through the entire series, it's excellent.

cool review mate,
part 1 - cult horror classic
part 2 - cringe/ yet a cool late nite 80's easy to watch flick
part 3 - like you said..awesome flick.
after that's it is nothing but down hill skiing,trust me!!
but check out " never sleep again" a awesome elm st doco that goes through the entire series, it's excellent.
I feel like horror is the one genre where I can sit through anything, as long as the acting isn't bottom of the barrel. I actually watched Wes Craven's New Nightmare last year which I surprisingly enjoyed. I'll be sure to check out the doco once I've finished the series, cheers for the suggestion!
Will be starting the childs play movies once I'm done with the freddy movies, saw a lot of them as a kid but don't remember a thing

Back
Top Bottom