Rate the last movie you watched

escape room 2 - 4/10. pretty dodgy. lots of stoopid plot contrivances. but basically; group of former survivors try and escape a bunch of rooms...again.
dont breathe 2 - 6/10. nothing special, but good enough. old blind dude (ex navy seal) tries to protect his daughter from home invaders. you wont be lost if you havent seen part 1.
kate - 6/10. regular 'assassin has 24 hours to kill their target' type plot. was expecting alot more for some reason, but it was entertaining enough.
lady of the manor - 5/10. weird, slow paced comedy. pretty dum, but has a couple of laughs.
we need to do something - 3/10. i dunno, some whinging teen does a magic witch spell and unleashes, i dunno, some kind of hell demon spawn thing, that traps the whole family in a motel room when, i dunno, for some reason a snake just appears and then, i dunno, it all just ends. its all wrapped up in a deeper message, but it fails. gets a couple of points for one or two of the effects.

Last edited:
Candyman - 6/10. Genuinely so shattered, was so hyped for this movie, especially given it was delayed a whole year due to COVID. Movie was very underwhelming, I think the likely sequels have a lot of potential but don't think Peele nailed it with the origin story as I thought he would given how good Get Out and Us were. Still a bit better than the original though.

Old - 2/10. Horrible acting, weak approach to what could have been a great storyline. Stopped watching 3/4 in.

Last edited:
Candyman - 6/10. Genuinely so shattered, was so hyped for this movie, especially given it was delayed a whole year due to COVID. Movie was very underwhelming, I think the likely sequels have a lot of potential but don't think Peele nailed it with the origin story as I thought he would given how good Get Out and Us were. Still a bit better than the original though.

Old - 2/10. Horrible acting, weak approach to what could have been a great storyline. Stopped watching 3/4 in.
Watched Candyman and agree 6/10, it tried so hard but fell short.

GI Joe Snake Eyes also 6/10, worth a watch with some great action.

Nobody - 8.5/10 - been wanting to watch this for ages. I love Bob Odenkirk I’d watch him in almost anything. A little bit of a stretch to make you believe his past was that skilfully violent but I think he does it well enough. Great movie. I hope there’s some John Wick crossover though that ship may have sailed.

Free Guy - 8.5/10

I really enjoyed this. The combination of Ryan Reynolds and my man Taika Waititi was awesome. I was hyped on this coming out for ages and it was well worth the wait.
Only downsides it was a little cheesy / rom-comy at points

Free Guy - 3.5/10. Had a few funny moments and a cool idea but struggled to enjoy it at all. Very cliche and couldn't tell if Taika was over-acting on purpose with the dick character he portrayed, given he's been amazing in other roles i've seen him in.

Halloween (1978) - 9/10. Never watched this film because I thought it was one of those movies that would only be good for its time, but boy was I wrong. The story, Jaime Lee Curtis, score, directing and Michael Myers were perfect. Only reason it doesn't get a 10/10 from me is a lot of the characters were so unlikeable besides the 3 main characters. Can't wait for the new one to come out!

Free Guy - 3.5/10. Had a few funny moments and a cool idea but struggled to enjoy it at all. Very cliche and couldn't tell if Taika was over-acting on purpose with the dick character he portrayed, given he's been amazing in other roles i've seen him in.

Halloween (1978) - 9/10. Never watched this film because I thought it was one of those movies that would only be good for its time, but boy was I wrong. The story, Jaime Lee Curtis, score, directing and Michael Myers were perfect. Only reason it doesn't get a 10/10 from me is a lot of the characters were so unlikeable besides the 3 main characters. Can't wait for the new one to come out!
Halloween is a classic "must watch".. so well done and will hold up for many many years to come.
The sopranos movie and the new Halloween are the 2 flicks I can't wait to come out soon

Still refuse to watch the trailer for the new halloween movie, apparently its spoilers galore but my god has it been tempting
There has been 2 trailers for the new Halloween movie,the 2nd more graphic than the first.Also can t wait to watch this at the movies.I have every Halloween movie,except the third one which has nothing to do with the franchise. Also have 5 Michael Myers figurines still in the boxes.Im a Halloween tragic.

There has been 2 trailers for the new Halloween movie,the 2nd more graphic than the first.Also can t wait to watch this at the movies.I have every Halloween movie,except the third one which has nothing to do with the franchise. Also have 5 Michael Myers figurines still in the boxes.Im a Halloween tragic.
I'm with you mate, grew up on michael and halloween still love it to this day.
with that being said, it comes in second to jason voorhees and the F13th series

Back
Top Bottom