Rate the last movie you watched

Been years since viewing this one..
from 1976 and by the master John Carpenter comes ASSAULT ON PRECINCT 13.. a great little action flick, not a violent as i remember it, and the acting is a little wooden. but still holds up for its time 7/10*

WHITE BOY RICK - after viewing the doco on this character last year, this flick was a huge flop. Poor script and a bland feel makes this a bomb....
watch the Doco not the film 4/10*

WHITE BOY RICK - after viewing the doco on this character last year, this flick was a huge flop. Poor script and a bland feel makes this a bomb....
watch the Doco not the film 4/10*
yeah, this was disappointing. not sure how they made such a great story, sooooo boring.

mortal kombat - 5/10. poor. couldnt put my finger on it, but i didnt like it. story, acting, effects, all seemed dodgy.
the conjuring 3: the devil made me do it - 6/10. really liked this franchise until now. just fell short of the previous films. trying to use the devil as a defense in court is the basic plot...
out of death - 4/10. not sure how they got bruce willis involved in this, but even he couldnt save it. bruce is a retired cop on a getaway and he stumbles into a corrupt cop trying to murder someone. the main bad dude mustve won a competition to act in a movie or something?
the tomorrow war - 3/10. was sort of psyched for this, but the plot is so warped i couldnt suspend disbelief for any of it. the future's solution isnt to try and stop or even prepare for the 'invasion', but to gather 'troops' from the past to die in the future war?!?!? huh?! and theres no time to train any of the regular people theyve just conscripted?! which is why only 30% ever return!!! and how was the maiming of the surviving past people not impacting the future?!?! and why was the pratt more concerned for his future daughter than the one he's going back to?!? and where the hell did all the side characters disappear to!?! and why were a bunch of americans having a world cup party for a brazil vs mexico match?! and so on, and so on...real bad.

Last edited:
agree with OUT OF DEATH..I read the entire film was filmed in just 9 days ( due to covid restrictions) and it shows..
Bruce what were u thinking??

INFAMOUS (netflix) a modern day take on bonnie and clyde done through posting on social media
when bad and terrible collide.... total crap 3/10*

followed that with a rewatch of-

SICARIO - great flick, excellent acting and directing. highly recommended 8/10*

The Forever Purge - 5/10. these have gotten gradually worse. not bad, but its a stretch now...
Midnight In The Switchgrass - 5/10. another bruce willis movie that seems like just a paycheck. he's hardly in it for starters, leaving megan fox to lead. uh-oh. FBI duo try and stop a serial killer.
Space Jam 2 - 3/10. wouldnt know where to start. the first one is no no masterpiece, but compared to this MJ should have an oscar next to his MVP trophies. lebron is terrible. theres no real basketball. the cameos are lame. total sh!t.

and agreed on 'Born a Champion'. really dont like MMA, but this had me entertained. 7/10.

RAMBO- LAST BLOOD (Netflix) rambo 5 does not disappoint ( if u are watching knowing what to expect) great mix of action and bloody violence.
Fantastic to see Sly's face may look old but he still has it... 80's action fans will love this. Frigg'en love the RAMBO series
7 / 10*

COCAINE COWBOYS (THE KINGS OF MIAMI) Netflix -- this is the series and follow up to the excellent doco "cocaine cowboys" this more focuses on 2 players involved in trafficking in Miami.
It's good ( know we're near as good as the original doco) but is far to long and drawn out when a simple 1.5-2 hours doco would of been ample.
worth a view 6/10*

ALONE (netflix) decent little thriller flick, few heart pounding moments from the killer who does a great job of being a mild guy to a time bomb.
enjoy 90% of film unfortunately the ending is a fizzer. 6/10*

Back
Top Bottom